• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Did anyone notice?

Elton John

I think it's harder for people to find this place now since there are less guests after the change. And less guests means less google sense spiders e.t.c

Osaka

trollololol
I think it's harder for people to find this place now since there are less guests after the change. And less guests means less google sense spiders e.t.c

Really?
Anyway, yeah it seems a tad bit quiet but, hell no, I don't like it too quiet for too long.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I don't know, I think you mean to say it seems quite positive and relaxed so far, right? Was anyone expecting an uproar of protesting? I wasn't *Hides popcorn*

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
I WILL NOW LIVEN THINGS UP WITH MY LEGENDARY AXE
guitar_solo.jpg

Dark Drakan

Admin
Some people are usually confused with change and also it only shows actual guests in the numbers as the google spiders arent listed anymore. So the number will be down due to a huge amount of Spiders (though still there) not appearing in the listings.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I also think it's due to a lot of members just trying to wrap their heads around the new layout. I'm not that keen on posting like I'm used to because it's going to take some time for me to get used to the changes.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I like it this way more than before, your opinion?

I don't think a quiet forum is ever a good thing because it's pretty difficult to revive once it starts spiraling down.
Less people post > less stuff for active members to talk about > more people lose interest and eventually stop bothering to visit as there is never anything new being discussed > less people come on > less people post
With DmC in the works it should always have a little life running through it though.

^Maybe you're right but it's better without those members that come to the forums just to say "I hate new Dante" and argue about it for couple of days and then disapear...
We can discuss new DMC without them, don't ya think?

Osaka

trollololol
Nope I dont like it, it's more like a graveyard now, always havin a little fight and battle over DmC was fun, to see how n00bs were getting themselves killed. I mean I like a bloody forum :rolleyes:
You like that, yet people moaned when there was the slightest bit of drama elsewhere. I want a bit of drama, is that so wrong?

aka958

Don't trust people
No, Drama is the archenemy of this forum! We cannot let that happen! If Drama would get to it, then the forum would be torn asunder! D:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I think the point this Thread made wasn't about whether 'drama' was needed or not. Just saying. I've not noticed a change personally. As Dani just pointed out, everybody is still here per say. Some are less active because they are away or busy or whatever (May just need breaks, or have their own personal reason) Especially the Staff Members, as they are very busy. So it's not quiet, people are just getting use to the change is all (As Master Vergil pointed out earlier).

'Drama' is needed in a very small dosage. But until further information about DmC is released, this place is going to be less active, that much is probably obvious. So obviously the fewer discussions there are, then the fewer posts there'll be. People aren't going to want to keep posting so much in the same Thread over and over again, they'd like a little diversity. What would be the point in having just three main Threads or something like that? Clearly things would just stay quiet. Since nothing new has happened thus far within the DmC/DMC World, apart from confirmation of a 'Reboot', we're all just sitting and waiting until there is something new to talk about (Same with most things in life, discussion wise) The good old waiting game. So far I'd say, generally speaking, that most things about the previous games have been discussed already. The main sections of the Boards at the moment I'd say are the General Discussion and General Gaming Discussion Sections, as well as the Fan Fic Section.

Don't think this place as quiet now, or a graveyard. It isn't dead. All your friendly regulars are still around. But we're all just waiting for new things to talk about. It's early days since the change. Give it time and people would of gotten use to it, and then things probably won't seem as quiet any more.

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
LoD makes an excellent point. With time, things will be buzzing around like before. Conflict, as it seems, is a necessary evil, and should always be kept in check. But if things get too silent that's no good either. A good chunk of people are on, and we're great for conversation ;)

With that being said.
mv0lc3.jpg

Top Bottom