• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil Trigger thread

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Noticed there isnt a thread to talk about thoughts on the DT of this game. How do you guys feel they turned out? Design wise and gameplay wise

tehrugger

Banned
I love the Devil Triggers in this game. Both design and gameplay-wise.

Especially Dante's Sin DT. I never use his regular DT because of it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Not much to say about regular DT. It's pretty much DMC4's in appearance. Loving the fact that you can actually fly with it this time around though.

Sin DT is badass as hell. I'm considering installing the mod that replaces normal DT with it.

Goldsickle

I said it before, I don't think Devil May Cry should be the kind of game that rewards players for being bad.
The "Sin Devil Trigger" for DMC2 activates when you're in low health, while the one in DMC5 makes you pool Devil Trigger energy into a separate bar.
This can be risky, since you might need the regular Devil Trigger to heal.
This mechanic is properly balanced.

The thing I dislike is how V does not regenerate health during Devil Trigger.
Sure, there's an upgrade that makes enemies drop more Green Orbs when Nightmare is present but what about lengthy boss battles?

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Well I like the fact they kept the design from DMC4 for Dante's regular Devil Trigger, and like Foxy said, it can actually fly this time which is a huge improvement since DMC4 was the only game Dante's demon form couldn't fly or glide in any way.
Dante's Sin Devil Trigger form is awesome, it's replaced Sparda's true form, as my favorite demon form

V's Devil Trigger, I guess it make sense since he's suppose to be Vergil's human half, with just a little demonic power left, so I think it was nice that they did a nod to DmC Dante where his hair's usually black but turns white when DTed.
There was some concept art for Vergil's regular Devil Trigger, which I personally saw as an indicator that Vergil would be playable since otherwise it meant the form would go unused. Unfortunately it seems so.
As for his Sin Devil Trigger, one thing I liked about both of the Sin Devil Triggers was how draconic they looked, and Vergil's version? With the silver and blue color scheme, made him look like a type of ice dragon

I do like Nero's Devil Trigger overall, though part of me does wish it looked a bit more like the DMC4 concept art. Also, the extra long hair looks kinda silly. It looks awesome regardless

Top Bottom