• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May KO

Viper

Premium
Bored mind is a dangerous mind... or annoying, in my case.

Devil May Cry fighting game. You know, the good old beat 'em up.

The idea has been brought up here and there, though right now I am thinking about certain other issues with it. Namely, the number of characters that could fit the screen and give you a decent number of fighting moves is kinda small.

Small fry demons are of good size, but don't offer much in the other category. Don't think much can be done with them, they are troops, not characters, so let's put them on the side.
Bosses like Echidna, Cerberus, Berial, the Savior... simply too large compared to others, characters like Nero would look real tiny if the screen was adjusted to them and that causes problems.

There are two directions I'd take with this one.

1. Scale down the large creatures to a size closer to human and adjust their moves. For example, Echidna could kick with her tail and deal punches either jumping into her opponent as a dragon or regular style if she gets her humanoid form close enough. Dagon would not be able to become invisible, but could kick with his back legs and punch with his tongue, maybe even wrap it around opponent and toss them around. Magic users would keep those moves, though minor adjustments would be needed to make it a fair fight.

2. Forget large characters and make up new ones to fill up the cast. The game could even be separated into two worlds - the human world where they fight demon hunters, including newly made ones, and demon world where they go against their fighters (of approximately human size).

So which direction would you take? Or maybe you have a better idea? Anything else you'd like to add?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Why not make bigger enemies a boss like and let them fill monitor a la Apocalypse in X-Men games?

Viper

Premium
Why not make bigger enemies a boss like and let them fill monitor a la Apocalypse in X-Men games?
I'm not familiar with the game, so an image for me to see how it looks would be nice if possible.

I'm only familiar with Tekken, DOA and Bloody Roar, and their characters are, if not of approximately same height, at least of the size where punches could be dealt like in a usual fight.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I'm not familiar with the game, so an image for me to see how it looks would be nice if possible.

I'm only familiar with Tekken, DOA and Bloody Roar, and their characters are, if not of approximately same height, at least of the size where punches could be dealt like in a usual fight.
here, this may give you impression: (though can be faster and less predictable:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I always thought a Devil May Cry-themed arcade beat 'em up in the style of TMNT or Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara would be great, especially with how well Dragon's Crown turned out as late as 2013.

But as far as a fighting game goes....well, given Devil May Cry's self-evident anime influences and stylish nature, I think a fighting game in the style of Guilty Gear would seem the most appropriate.

Viper

Premium
here, this may give you impression: (though can be faster and less predictable:
Thanks. So I guess it is doable. It's just that this big guy pretty much stays in place and only moves the head, while Devil May Cry bosses are far more movable, except Cerberus who is also more or less in place since he ain't got much maneuvering space.
Though, I admit, it can be done.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Sunny

Im more into option #2 as I am now curious as to who they would create. I think with fighters I tend to be more in the new peeps rather than the old guard. There is a lot of potential there.

I guess another way to go would be to crossover DMC with another fighting game like Darkstalkers or even DOA because its not they are doing much with them.

Viper

Premium
@Sunny

Im more into option #2 as I am now curious as to who they would create. I think with fighters I tend to be more in the new peeps rather than the old guard. There is a lot of potential there.

I guess another way to go would be to crossover DMC with another fighting game like Darkstalkers or even DOA because its not they are doing much with them.
Option #2 certainly gives them points in freshness category and has potential to come out with something for everyone. For example, if they make more demon hunters, they can make it so they come from different cultures based on our world.

Crossover sounds really good, I'd go with Darkstalkers rather than DOA, since it's gothic horror. Also, while DMC has seen bouncy boobs with it's 4 installment, I still feel DOA is a bit too fanservicey for it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Option #2 certainly gives them points in freshness category and has potential to come out with something for everyone. For example, if they make more demon hunters, they can make it so they come from different cultures based on our world.

Crossover sounds really good, I'd go with Darkstalkers rather than DOA, since it's gothic horror. Also, while DMC has seen bouncy boobs with it's 4 installment, I still feel DOA is a bit too fanservicey for it.
yeah that would be sweet. they could also reveal the cultural heritage of some prexisting characters.

Well for DOA Im more interested in the NG connection so i guess you can play that up and Team ninja isnt looking so hot after NG3's critical failure so its incentive for them to do it.

But i wouldnt mind if it crossed over with either Tekken/Soul Calibur either.

Top Bottom