• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry: Sparda's Blood (DMC5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparda™

- THE THIRD SON NERO -

Chapter 3

Déjà Vu
Confront the Past for the Present and Settle the Future

Swords/Devil Arms-

Red Queen
Yamato
Devil Bringer

Guns-

Blue Rose
Destino Argento

Dante was carrying Nero in his arms, while Kyrie and Trish had gone with the motorbike to secure the safe place. Lady was accompanying the silver-haired brothers. The silence residing at the ruins of the Savior was creeping the modern priestess.

'This place is haunting.'

'You tell me.'

'I kinda got It why you two were reflecting a bit back there.'

'What do you mean?'

'I mean that, I know why your faces went like that.'

'Huh?! Honestly, I don't know what you're talking about. Must be the pizza Trish buys...'

'Oh, com' on Dante!... Listen, I have to tell you... Something I saw... Both me and Trish saw, in fact...'

'What is all this mystery?'

'Well, I dunno where to start from... It was like seeing a ghost, only that he wasn't a ghost... He was real...'

Dante had realized who was the one Lady was referring to. Meanwhile, Nero's Devil Bringer began to glow. His eyes had became reddish and the aura was getting stronger. He immediately teleported from Dante's arms to one of the ruins.

'Nero, wait! We'll continue this conversation later...'

'Alright, I guess.'

'Nero!!!'

A voice began to echo in the atmosphere...

'Power! Give me, my sword... Power! More! Give me... Yamato...'

Dante had the pieces of the sword unite and was wielding It, taking an aggressive stance towards Nero. Lady in the meanwhile saw a dark figure in one of the distant ruins standing tall. Another dark figure was standing beside It, with wings visible...

'He's being controlled. I thought Yamato was the one responsible for It, but It seems stuff ain't always that easy to figure out. Gotta be the hard way. Go help Trish and Kyrie. They are walking to a trap, and as I can tell, this might need more than just 30 seconds.'

'Roger that!'

TO BE CONTINUED...

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Great read so far. I really enjoyed reading this last chapter and I seriously hope CAPCOM read this before the final game launch. I can't rep anymore lol you so instead I'm going to rate this: :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: (5* coolness rating!;))

Sparda™

King Avallach;189341 said:
Great read so far. I really enjoyed reading this last chapter and I seriously hope CAPCOM read this before the final game launch. I can't rep anymore lol you so instead I'm going to rate this: :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: (5* coolness rating!;))

Coolness Rating Approved... :cool:

CONTINUING...

Lady was rushing to arrive the sooner she could at Trish's and Kyrie's location, before anything bad could happen. Dante in the meanwhile was near to confront Nero. His eyes saw the dark figures standing tall in one of the ruins. He performs a slashing move with Yamato, trying to get the attention of the mysterious figures. The slash seems to go through the dark figures forms, but they disappear after. Nero collapses onto the ground, trying to rise himself. His eyes see the darkness, and walking through It - an unknown and at the same time - familiar figure approaches.

'Get up! A son of Sparda never quits, never surrenders. Their fate is to win above everything, above everyone. RISE!'

Nero opens his eyes, clearly seeing the figure now. He was none other than the Dark Slayer, Vergil.

'You! Your voice has been stuck in my head for all this time... Who are you?!'

'What you've been hearing... Those are memories of my past. Your demonic arm possesses enormous power. The whole hell has been on the move to get a hold of It and the rest of the artifacts. Before Mundus' rise to power and before demons were a serious threat to humans, there were 5 powerful demons who together, shaped the Underworld as It is today. Two of those demons were defeated by our father Sparda - Rebellion and Yamato - the swords Dante has in these moments in his possession.'

'Wait a minute... OUR father?! Sparda is my father?!'

'Exactly. You're the third son of Sparda, the true heir of his powers and the one who will take his bloodline to the future for generations to come - to the cost of becoming a pure demon.'

'A pure demon?!'

'The demonic arm was not caused by just one mere wound. It was there all the time, only that the wound accelerated the process. It has been evolving for the past three months, hasn't It. That's why you have tried to put a stop to It.'

Nero looked at his shoulder...

'How do you know?'

'You need to realize you're destined to become the next Legendary Dark Knight. I'm afraid that responsibility might corrupt you in the process.'

'Why are you saying all of this only now?'

'Because time has neared to that point, the critical point.'

Nero tried to look the Dark Slayer into his eyes, but Vergil moved his face away...

'There's something bigger, something more you're hiding from me. What is It?'

The angelic figure stepped into the light, reverting to his normal form. Nero was shocked to see that the one who died to protect him, was in fact alive. Kyrie's brother, Credo.

'C.. Cre...Credo?!'

He smiled.

'The time has come.'

TO BE CONTINUED...

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Nice twist Credo being alive. The balance of him, Vergil, Dante and Nero should prove to be very interesting.:D

Keep it up!

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
This may be a little later than expected, but you just got one more guy supporting your cause! When you finish this, PLEASE E-Mail it to Capcom or something! SOMEONE over there just HAS to read this... You have potential! And I LOVE stuff like this! Keep it up!

Sparda™

DreadnoughtDT;193721 said:
This may be a little later than expected, but you just got one more guy supporting your cause! When you finish this, PLEASE E-Mail it to Capcom or something! SOMEONE over there just HAS to read this... You have potential! And I LOVE stuff like this! Keep it up!

Thanks. I feel motivated by such words, and I'm so glad someone else likes this. I'll definitely keep this running, so expect a new piece soon.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
So far, the most interesting part is Sparda's side-story. Nero's is great as well. I would never have expected that the fragments of Vergil's past placed in the Devil Bringer would come back to haunt him. And your idea of Mundus' son, Stratus, reminds me of my own idea. I named him Necronom, and he had the same basic principle as Stratus. A tall man in dark armor with red glowing eyes, and a face hidden by a helmet. The only difference is the number of arms and weapons. Necronom has six arms, one zweihander, one scimitar, one rapier, one battlehammer, and two crossbows. He also had no wings.

Sparda™

DreadnoughtDT;193871 said:
So far, the most interesting part is Sparda's side-story. Nero's is great as well. I would never have expected that the fragments of Vergil's past placed in the Devil Bringer would come back to haunt him. And your idea of Mundus' son, Stratus, reminds me of my own idea. I named him Necronom, and he had the same basic principle as Stratus. A tall man in dark armor with red glowing eyes, and a face hidden by a helmet. The only difference is the number of arms and weapons. Necronom has six arms, one zweihander, one scimitar, one rapier, one battlehammer, and two crossbows. He also had no wings.

Sparda needed a legacy which he had built during his 2000-year wandering in the Human World. I wanted to see him earn the Legendary status he carries, and that's why I put the main parts I thought would fit best. I skipped the part when he fought along the Vie de Marli, which is mentioned by Matier in DMC2, because that would be a deja vu of what Dante had done in DMC2 - which in itself was the same thing his father did.

After DMC4, Nero took the role of the city ruler and rebuilt Fortuna in a record time, withstanding the remains of Angelos and Agnus' leftover creations. During this time, a fanatic section of the Order of the Sword moved to the Mitis Forest, since the mass-forestation caused by Echidna's gate was worn down thanks to Dante which annihilated the gate with Gilgamesh, the Devil Arm which was powering It.

How Vergil met with Credo, how Credo was alive again, how Vergil survived after DMC1 and every other question regarding Vergil, will be told in his five chapters of his side-story. But, I'll tell a few things....

- Vergil saw the scene where Nero unleashed a Mega Buster to the False Savior's face and crushed It, and also witnessed the moment where Dante and Nero saluted each other. He was collecting information from the various sites of the city and at the places where the gates once resided.

- Credo aided Vergil in knowing more about Nero's past. Why they were hiding in secrecy, away from the others is explained in Nero's side-story.

- Vergil this time is equipped with more styles and possesses a new variety of Devil Arms.

- The call Trish picked up when she was arguing with Dante about the amount of cash Lady had rewarded them, was in fact Credo. This part is included in the forthcoming Vergil's story.

- Nero achieves twice the power of Dante in the end of his side-story.

- In the end of DMC2, when Lucia hears the sound of a motorbike, thinking he's Dante returning from Hell, sees in fact Vergil with Dante's body on the back of the bike, senseless.

- Nero confronts Vergil for Yamato's possession but ends up with the Sparda.

Well, that's all for now...Don't wanna spoil the fun!

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
^ I am speechless. You think this out SO well. There are very few video game designers who do that nowadays, even though you aren't a video game designer. Most games' story nowadays is rushed and uneventful. DMC 4 is a good example of this. DMC 3 had a much better story IMO.

Sparda™

DreadnoughtDT;193911 said:
^ I am speechless. You think this out SO well. There are very few video game designers who do that nowadays, even though you aren't a video game designer. Most games' story nowadays is rushed and uneventful. DMC 4 is a good example of this. DMC 3 had a much better story IMO.

Thank you for your kind words. I just want to tie the loose ends Capcom likes to leave along the games, with a lot of detail put into it.

I totally agree with you on the storyline thing.

The way I see It, Capcom profited from the mass fan love they received from DMC3, and pushed It to the limit where they made Vergil disappear, had a new character take over Dante as a protagonist, made a rushed out storyline, and look, the game became a commercial and critical success for them.

What I really wanted in fact would be half of the commercial success and a critical rating similar to that of DMC2. Too much success with a rushed out storyline just scarily gives me thoughts that they will again profit from this and make an even more cliche storyline for DMC5.

As for Devil May Cry 3, I personally think It is the best of the series, taking in account gameplay, storyline development and a huge selection of firearms, Devil Arms, costumes, the epic soundtrack and the fact you get to play as Vergil in its Special Edition, which is a super plus, even though you play with the same levels as Dante with just two cut-scenes.

Sparda™

Yep, I'm back... :cool:

CONTINUING...

The Devil Hunter was watching from afar, hardly recognizing the ones near Nero, although his developed senses caught a familiar signal. He was fighting with himself whether to believe what he was receiving or just remain there and save It for later.

'Credo, is It really you?'

'Nero, I have a debt with Dante. He promised he'd save you and Kyrie...'

'What is concerning there at the horizon, delivers a deadly message for all of us - all of existence. There's no time to explain now. Dante is probably aware of my presence, but I will go for now. We'll meet again, Son of Sparda.'

The two of them left immediately, as Nero rushed down through the fog.

'You knew It all along, didn't you? Me, being a Son of Sparda!'

Dante watched puzzled at the anger of the words expressed to him.

'If my senses are correct, you're not a Son of Sparda. I sensed something familiar a time ago, but that wasn't of a sibling... I could feel my father's blood through your veins, but I can't really elaborate why you'd be his son, and my brother therefore.'

A voice was echoing inside Nero's head. He was trying to clear his eyes but the blur morphed into a vision. He was watching like being part of a battle of Sparda between some angelic beings. Dante, in the meanwhile, was looking the cold stars shining in a dark purplish nuance of some sort of the sky. He turned around noticing Nero speaking something, but hardly understanding what he was saying.

'Nero. Nero!'

Hypnotized by the view he was witnessing, a mere projection of his mind, Nero screamed...

'Sparda! I'm here to help you...'

Those words put Dante in a state of shock...

'Sparda?!...'

As walking slowly to reach Sparda, Nero then began to run. A bizarre violet glow was being unleashed around Nero's body. His human flesh was being replaced by a dragon-scaled skin and his body was rapidly turning into something demonic. Dante turned into his Devil Form, as the Yamato was being drawn by the invisible force surrounding Nero. The Devil Hunter couldn't resist the strange aura which had conquered the atmosphere, remaining into a constant demonic form - rushing to Nero.

Trish which had reached Lady and Kyrie, returning to the rendezvous point, only encountering a huge purple glow and a smaller red near to It. Vergil and Credo were also transformed by the aggressive nature of the aura, looking back.

'It is being done.'

'He'll soon realize who he really is and understand the importance his existence means to everyone of us and all the planes of existence that are.'

Nero then collapses to the ground. Dante immediately caught up with him and what was he seeing was beyond the imaginable. His hair were slicked back a bit, and his Devil Bringer had disappeared. Dante checked a small glowing purple light coming from the ring at his pointing finger. As he removed the ring from the arm, he examined It. A holographic message appeared from It, with words written in a language thought to be forgotten. He then heard Sparda's voice explaining his disappearance and the true origins of Nero.

'...Whoever has opened the message encrypted safely in this ring, belongs to my bloodline, therefore you must listen carefully. It was not my choice to leave my sons and my beloved wife to the hands of destiny. My assignment is to spent an unspecified amount of time in a place where I will not be able to return back. I've saved a fair amount of power to create someone able to continue my legacy. I fear there's something terrible, waiting at the corner for my family as soon as I will die from this world I've tried to save from my kind for 2000 long years. With this amulet in safe hands, none shall have the chance to awaken the Temen-ni-gru...'

Images of Sparda arriving at Fortuna with a baby being carried at his arms are shown. Dante watches in shock the images. Then, Nero is put near a residence, leaving his ring, as Sparda leaves, watching one more time back. A young Credo and a much younger Kyrie open the door from the baby cries. Vergil was hearing the message and seeing these images in his head.

'...Nero is what the future will have as Its savior. This is the message for the carriers of my blood...'

TO BE CONTINUED...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Nice. I especially like the part where Nero's true devil form emerges. Lizard-like... I like that. I think I'm a bit obsessed with lizard men. They've just... Stuck with me since I've been around 3. I blame He-Man. But I digress. This is very well thought out, and with the right designers, this could be a VERY good game. Keep it up!

Aeon

Sparda Junior
Reading all of your posts has finally convinced me to register for an account to CONGRATULATE you on a job VERY well done. The concept you thought of is just so epic. Explaining all the loop holes of the game is a big bonus of satisfying everyone else. The twists you thought of was simply amazing. Kudos to you my friend! Though there is only one thing I want to say:

-A few of the dialogues were confusing as I didn't know who said them but still, they rock. And some parts felt that they were rushed but it was still able to make me feel as if I'm there watching the scene.

How about we all suggest to Capcom or any other company to make this guy's plot and storyline into a CGI movie? Like RE: Degeneration or Advent Children? (Though better if it as a game) If it did i would definitely watch it every night before i sleep lol. Great job DA!

(Just because I'm Legendary doesn't mean I should be attacked on sight!) Or something like that. That line was definitely Dantelicious. xD

Sparda™

Yes, It's back. The most badass DMC5! :lol:

Here's some artwork done with Photoshop...

dmc5poster.jpg

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh snap!

I'd forgotten about this! This was the reason I joined in the first place. This, and the RP.

I see you're using the most badass of the Dante's, the DMC2 version. And Lucia's coming back, too, apparently.

One word about the box art.

Kickass. ;)

Sparda™

DreadnoughtDT;229564 said:
Oh snap!

I'd forgotten about this! This was the reason I joined in the first place. This, and the RP.

I see you're using the most badass of the Dante's, the DMC2 version. And Lucia's coming back, too, apparently.

One word about the box art.

Kickass. ;)

Thanks, DT. I had forgotten about this myself, but then, a couple of days ago I read all the thread and I felt such nostalgia about It that I couldn't leave It to rot.

The crazy demon;229573 said:
You have to continue this SpardaTM, it just too good to be left out and forgottem.

Thanks, TCD, I'll definitely continue this. ;)

Since I feel motivated, I'll carry on.

CONTINUING...

The holographic message continued as Sparda kept narrating...

'Nero was born a few months before the twins had their 8th birthday and It was then that I took him at Fortuna. Eva knew very well this. We knew It since the very beginning we fell in love with each other and I knew It since the word 'forgotten' was echoing and its echo was coming closer to the end of the deadline.'

Nero rises up, noticing the Devil Bringer's gone. All of a sudden he felt a huge amount of power surge inside him. It was so strong he could barely keep himself from going to a Devil Trigger state. Dante turned and saw Nero and the Yamato which was laying impaled on a stone.

The registration in the meanwhile was showing various illustrations of Sparda's memories...

'We could not just forget all the sacrifice, all the love - what we built. We just couldn't be that hypocritical. The fruits of our love, these children, are the ones which will put a stop to all this. I never wanted all of this burden to fall upon them and I will never lose the hope that someday I will meet them and they will forgive me.'

Dante's attention on these last words coming from the narration touched him but he didn't shed a single tear. It was better for him to be strong and maintain a stable state of mind for all what was happening, that multitude, was just too much burden in itself to handle.

Nero in the other hand was breathing heavily. His eyes were fueled with rage, anger.

'I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU SPARDA!!!'

Vergil moved in, removing the impaled Yamato on the stone nearby the two siblings of his and pointed It at Nero.
Dante's shock had increased in even more multitudes when he saw his departed brother alive. The first eye-to-eye contact after a couple of years. Surely, being Nelo Angelo was a tough experience but the journeys Vergil had done in this short timespan, had increased his overall qualities in all aspects.

'You should come to know you cannot defeat our little brother alone, Dante. I thought all this time had served to mature your rebel spirit, although the blade you carry on your back wouldn't be there If you'd have matured, would It.'

'Sharp as always, huh Vergil? Well, I see you've got yourself your old body back. I kinda miss that iron knightly suit you had. You still have that mask?'

'Oh Dante Dante. Your irony is as old as the razor you use to shave.'

Nero, growing impatient from the brotherly verbal assaults and twisted pleasure they were experiencing from It, yelled.

'Bring It ON!!!'

=================================

Although untransformed to his demonic self and without any weapon, Nero was teaching the twins a few lessons about fights. The young brother was simply wearing a bright purplish hovering ghost and his eyes were glowing red.

'He has honed his powers quickly.'

'How come he's a half-breed like us and he seems to be stronger than us combined?!'

'Our father used a portion of his last remaining strength to annihilate everything human except his appearance. Sparda was not expecting twins when he fathered us, Dante. That's why Nero was born, because an heir to our father's name and reputation would be needed. You took that legacy, you fought just like our father did, but how could you know that the mighty Legendary Sparda had another son, a second brother to each of us.'

'So, let me guess, a failsafe in case both of us would kill each other for his power, huh?!'

'Correct. For now we have to cool off Nero, If we can.'

Nero smiled at the twins as he retrieved the Red Queen. He channeled some energy at the sword. It exploded, leaving behind an abstract sword, with silver and black blades and purplish glowing veins-like and an overall purplish shine on It. Then, he impaled the sword on the ground with force, pounding It.

'Shall we dance?'

TO BE CONTINUED...

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
As I've already said, the small amount I've read thus far is simply amazing. Hehehe, once I'm done reading what's there, you'd better get some more ready, Sparda x3!

queenhunter

hi newbie here
got question in your story is nero still gonna use yamato till the end of his story or gonna have another sword ?
if he's still (NERO) gonna wielded yamato what about vergil?
what i mean not devil arms but more like trademarks weapon.
by the way great work and looking forward to vergil side of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom