• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry movie

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
http://www.epicslash.com/nerd-casting-devil-may-cry-movie/

We’ve all had suffer through that awful video game movie that seemed to suffer from an awful script, bad direction and actors that don’t even come close to the real thing. So we’re going to do what Hollywood can’t seem to do to, cast a viable video game movie.
Movie: Devil May Cry
Director: Sngmoo Lee
Sngmoo Lee is not a well-known director on this side of the pond and has only done one known movie, The Warrior’s Way. While The Warrior’s Way didn’t win any awards or even make a lot at the box office, but it did impress me with its style. And Devil May Cry is a series that is all about style and The Warrior’s Way oozed that. While Devil May Cry should focus on as much live action as possible, some of Dante’s more extreme moves would undoubtedly involve a bit of CGI which Sngmoo Lee seems to be able to handle. While an older director sounds like it would be a good idea, I think a younger director who is open to new styles and techniques would be more up Devil May Cry’s alley. While we want to have the director try new thins we certainly don’t want another Max Payne on our hands.
The tone of the movie would be more realistic, not in a Dark Knight way, but in an Iron Man way. Where things are explained in ways that may not work in real life but works in movie life.
Plot: The movie would follow young Dante as he finds out about his demon ancestry as he fights to stop his twin brother Vergil from opening a portal to Hell. Along the way he meets up with a mysterious Lady as he climbs the dark tower Temen-ni-gru fighting demons and devils in a battle against time. /moviefone voice
Basically its the plot to Devil May Cry 3, which I think everyone can agree is only like the best game ever.
Cast List:
Dante - Scott Adkins

Scott Adkins as Dante
Dante is a hard man to cast, it has to be someone who can fight but act at the same time. Dante is a free, fun-loving character who is at his best when he’s having the most fun. While Scott Adkins hasn’t really had the chance to show off his fun side in his movies he has shown that he can kick some serious ass (NINJA, Undisputed 3). I almost cast Ryan Reynolds as Dante just based on his ability to play a sarcastic guy to a tee, but Devil May Cry is really about the crazy gravity defying action, and Scott will do a better job of that. Dante is a lovable guy and is partly the reason Devil May Cry is so well-known in the first place. If Scott studies Robert Downey Jr’s portrayal of Tony Stark then he should be able to do fine.
VergilLuke Goss

Luke Goss as Vergil
Since Vergil is practically the definition of stoic badassness the role has to be played by someone who can be cold and threatening with just a glance. I immediately thought of Luke Goss given his work as Prince Nauda in Hellboy 2. He can easily show the cold and calmness of Vergil while also being able to handle action scenes with ease. While Luke Goss and Scott Adkins don’t like exactly alike they have similar enough features to pull of playing half demon twin brothers. Vergil should be an easy role for Luke to play, the key is simple, talk in a quietly raspy voice and kick everything’s ass.
ArkhamJohn Malkovich

John Malkovich as Arkham
I don’t even think I have to explain this one. The picture alone shows just how similar John Malkovich looks to the crazed and diabolical Arkham. Given that Arkham is the true mastermind behind a large part of the plot he had to be played by someone who can play evil, crazy but smart. And well John Malkovich has shown that in spades (Being John Malkovich, Red, Con Air, EVERYTHING HE’S EVER DONE). Hell Malkovich is such a great actor that there is the very real possibility that he’ll steal the movie.
LadySummer Glau

Summer Glau as Lady
Lady is perhaps I dare say one of the best female characters in the gaming universe. She is an extreme badass and light on the fanservice, a rarity in any medium really. So who else to play a cute badass but Summer Glau the quintessential cute badass. All she has do is channel a little River Tam (Firefly/Serenity) and Cameron Phillips (Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles), and you have a badass chick in a schoolgirl outfit on a revenge mission. Watching Summer Glau fight Scott Adkins in a bullet time laden action scene is worth the price of admission alone.
SpardaSean Bean

Sean Bean as The Dark Knight Sparda
Sparda never plays a direct role in any Devil May Cry game but he is the underlining reason behind the plots of DMC1 and 3. In a live action movie showing a bit of Sparda and why his legacy is so important is vital to a non-gamer understanding the motivations of all the characters in question. Having a scene before the title that shows Sparda fight against Mundus and how Dante/Vergil came to be is enough to seal the deal. Sean Bean certainly has the acting chops to play a demon with a sense of justice. Perhaps we could even see two parallel stories where we see Sparda’s journey from demon to hero as we watch Dante ascend the tower towards his brother. There’s a lot that can and should be done with Sparda, I always felt like he was too pivotal of a character to remain an enigmatic shadow.

Summary: A Devil May Cry movie has to carefully walk the line between realistic and fantastical. While the games are truly over the top in their action, I’m not sure any studio is capable of pulling off having a human actually perform a Stinger/High Time combo without it looking just silly. So instead I think we can settle with a sort of exaggerated fighting style like you see in Underworld (though a bit better as we’ve cast people who actually have some fighting experience). With proper fight choreography the action scenes could be some of the best in recent memory, and with a good writer we can easily get a script better than the actual video games.

Bad movie incoming...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
To be fair, they do say its fancasting and not actual casting for the movie plus they would just go make a movie on the reboot as it seems easier to cast and pitch as a film.

They have the right idea of starting out with DMC3 but they would have to fluff it out a little to explain how Dante and vergil got to the places they where in 3. Just do two or three movies in between 3 and 1 with just random adventures Dante had before 1.

Style wise, it should be more like Hellboy wi=hich embraced it source material or Thor/Iron man rather tan Dark knight.

The thing is with casting VG movies is that you have to cast people who look like their characters or you can get close with looks. So i would just hire Joey Ansah as he was the guy who did street fighter legacy,

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Luke Goss as Vergil... *rolls around on floor laughing*
He wasn't good as Steve Fox in Tekken, and he wouldn't be good as Vergil...
IMO... good job its a fancasting... The actors of Dante and Vergil don't even look alike...

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!PLEASE OH SWEET GOD NO!!

weve all seen how this ends, resident evil films= fail. prince of persia= mediocre EVERY OTHER GAME FILM< AWEFUL
I DONT WANT SOME HOLLYWOOD REJECT TO TRY AND MAKE A QUICK BUCK OFF DMC. NO ITS NOT RIGHT, THEYLL JUST WHORE IT OUT AND RUIN IT.

McdD

The thing they don't get is real live films are lame.

They should do CGI movies.

788Masri

The thing they don't get is real live films are lame.

They should do CGI movies.

AWWW HEEEELLL NO!! CGI IS EXPENISVE, SO ITLL TAKE AWAY FROM THE SCRIPT. THE FILM WILL BE OH LOOK AT THIS AND THAT RATHER THAN ACTUAL CONTENT!!! IF I WANT A CGI DMC ILL PLAY THE GAME!!!! WHY DONT THEY GET THAT GAMES/ANIME CANT BE TRANLATED TO THE BIG SCREEN SO SIMPLY!!!!

McdD

AWWW HEEEELLL NO!! CGI IS EXPENISVE, SO ITLL TAKE AWAY FROM THE SCRIPT. THE FILM WILL BE OH LOOK AT THIS AND THAT RATHER THAN ACTUAL CONTENT!!! IF I WANT A CGI DMC ILL PLAY THE GAME!!!! WHY DONT THEY GET THAT GAMES/ANIME CANT BE TRANLATED TO THE BIG SCREEN SO SIMPLY!!!!
All i am saying is that i rather see a CGI movie of DMC 3 that's polished well and have a story that has great depth and that isn't a alternative story or a "reboot" or any crap like that than watching a piece of **** hollywood pile of crap.

Just my two cents :D

788Masri

All i am saying is that i rather see a CGI movie of DMC 3 that's polished well and have a story that has great depth and that isn't a alternative story or a "reboot" or any crap like that than watching a piece of **** hollywood pile of crap.

Just my two cents :D

ahhh buddy, we would all love a perfect dmc film. wed all love hollywood to have genuine concern in the quality of a piece of work rather than how much it makes. but we live in a world were adam sandler can keep makin movies...it just wont happen. if they make a dmc film they wont make it well. itll suck and we all know it

McdD

ahhh buddy, we would all love a perfect dmc film. wed all love hollywood to have genuine concern in the quality of a piece of work rather than how much it makes. but we live in a world were adam sandler can keep makin movies...it just wont happen. if they make a dmc film they wont make it well. itll suck and we all know it
And i am saying i don't want a real action DMC movie :p

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
It would be awesome if they made CGI movie instead of live action, maybe like Resident Evil Degeneration or FF Advent Children! But, you know Hollywood way, cast a pretty face hero and a bombshell actress, viewers won't care about the story! *cough transformers cough* All they need is more money!!

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I love the graphic quality of Advent Children. Really sharp.
When i think of bad movies, all i can think of is Tekken... *shakes head* That really ruined it for me as a huge fan of the series. (at least it's non-canon)

McdD

This movie is the movie that came close to the awesomness of Tekken:

It's "Ong Bak", no tekken. But there is Capoira fighter (Eddy) and u also see a big guy who looks like Murdoch.

Top Bottom