• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Movie & Fancast

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Who'd be the perfect cast to play the characters of the new DmC? And how we can blend in some of the old DMC flavor into it.

Dante:
Vergil:
Kat:
Phineas:
Mundus:
Lillith:
Bob Barbas:
Succubus:
Eva:
Sparda:

VergilNeroDante

A live action movie would be bad, making a CGI movie like Final Fantasy Advent Children it would be awesome

Advent was GOD! I loved everything about it, and too bad the whole wasnt actually 7-8 hours like it was stated whenever the PSP first came out. But then again its still good and amazing as a movie. Both it and the Advent Children complete was amazing imo

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Advent was GOD! I loved everything about it, and too bad the whole wasnt actually 7-8 hours like it was stated whenever the PSP first came out. But then again its still good and amazing as a movie. Both it and the Advent Children complete was amazing imo
It wasn't bad but could have been better. Definitely better than that Spirit's Within which was ZZZZZZ so boring. The voice actress for Aeris was god awful and the overall plot was just a rather weak set up to get a fight with Sephiroth in. CGI is at mastery level but you don't try to build a plot of nostalgic heartstrings alone just tossing in things like "hey guys remember this?" When it spends about 30 minutes trying to progress the story simply falls into the straightforward plot that is just to fill the rest with spectacle more than substance. Sure it will please the hardcore FF 7 fanboys but as a movie it's decent at best. Where 7 had quite the interesting and well developed plot we get very small nods and a plot that isn't all too special overall. I understand it's just a movie as well but you didn't do anything that special Advent. Final Fantasy 10 is hands down the best Final Fantasy in my opinion. X-2 doesn't exist.

Azure King

It wasn't bad but could have been better. Definitely better than that Spirit's Within which was ZZZZZZ so boring. The voice actress for Aeris was god awful and the overall plot was just a rather weak set up to get a fight with Sephiroth in. CGI is at mastery level but you don't try to build a plot of nostalgic heartstrings alone just tossing in things like "hey guys remember this?" When it spends about 30 minutes trying to progress the story simply falls into the straightforward plot that is just to fill the rest with spectacle more than substance. Sure it will please the hardcore FF 7 fanboys but as a movie it's decent at best. Where 7 had quite the interesting and well developed plot we get very small nods and a plot that isn't all too special overall. I understand it's just a movie as well but you didn't do anything that special Advent. Final Fantasy 10 is hands down the best Final Fantasy in my opinion. X-2 doesn't exist.

Final Fantasy IV or V is way better :/ but as you said it's in your opinion

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Final Fantasy IV or V is way better :/ but as you said it's in your opinion
The reason why I like 10 so much is because I never really devoted any time to an RPG up until that point to such an extent. I actually finished that game because it drew me in so much with story, characters, voice acting, and a very well defined battle system that was easy to learn and had quite a tremendous amount of depth. I was never a hardcore Final Fantasy fan or really even that much of a RPG fan but 10 was so good it not only became my favorite Final Fantasy but one of my favorite games of all time.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
If for some reason they people who played them wouldn't reprise their roles I have some thoughts.
Dante-Justin Chatwin
Kat- Jennifer Lawrence
Mundus-Michael Madsen
Lillith- Charlize Theron
Phineas-Lawrence Fishburne or Forest Whitaker
Bob Barbas-um... James Cann, he's a little too old now though huh? I don't know.
Sparda-we never see him, who cares.
Eva- Hardly ever see her but how about Scarlet Johannson?

Here's my other cast choices.
Dante-Nicholas Cage
Vergil Nicholas Cage
Mundus-Nicholas Cage
Lilltith-Nicholas Cage
Phineas-Steven Segal
Sparda-Nicholas Cage
Eva-Nicholas Cage

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
If for some reason they people who played them wouldn't reprise their roles I have some thoughts.
Dante-Justin Chatwin
Kat- Jennifer Lawrence
Mundus-Michael Madsen
Lillith- Charlize Theron
Phineas-Lawrence Fishburne or Forest Whitaker
Bob Barbas-um... James Cann, he's a little too old now though huh? I don't know.
Sparda-we never see him, who cares.
Eva- Hardly ever see her but how about Scarlet Johannson?

Here's my other cast choices.
Dante-Nicholas Cage
Vergil Nicholas Cage
Mundus-Nicholas Cage
Lilltith-Nicholas Cage
Phineas-Steven Segal
Sparda-Nicholas Cage
Eva-Nicholas Cage
That's a good list you got there, buddy. But I think Morgan Freeman would like to have a word with you.
MorganFreeman-newton-shooting-590x330.jpg

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
That's a good list you got there, buddy. But I think Morgan Freeman would like to have a word with you.
MorganFreeman-newton-shooting-590x330.jpg
For Phineas I did think of Morgan Freeman but when I thought about it I think that would never ever happen. Which is why I added those guys because they have cred and I can see them sign on for a video game movie more so I guess. Of course if Morgan would do it then you won't hear any counter from me.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
For Phineas I did think of Morgan Freeman but when I thought about it I think that would never ever happen. Which is why I added those guys because they have cred and I can see them sign on for a video game movie more so I guess. Of course if Morgan would do it then you won't hear any counter from me.
I didn't know if I should have deleted the first part of your post with what seem like a legit fancast. The other part seems like a joke cast. And a lot of people do joke of having Morgan Freeman narrating their daily lives or being the (voice) actor for every character. But I honestly do see Morgan Freeman being Phineas. Morgan Freeman does have a sage-like feel to him.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I didn't know if I should have deleted the first part of your post with what seem like a legit fancast. The other part seems like a joke cast. And a lot of people do joke of having Morgan Freeman narrating their daily lives or being the (voice) actor for every character. But I honestly do see Morgan Freeman being Phineas. Morgan Freeman does have a sage-like feel to him.
My 2nd fan cast had Nicholas Cage as everyone. Of course that's the legit one.

Top Bottom