• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil may Cry Movie 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoshi

I am not able to picture johny depp with a sword or guns.

Equilibrium was sick(i mean great). Devil may cry 3 was more goth than sci-fi. DMC4 got a thumbs down for being more sci-fi and less goth. A good balance of both is required.

Vergil is from samurai origins. He follows bushido(code of honour). Again christian Bale is a little too old to play vergil.

Sparda™

aoshi;196832 said:
I am not able to picture johny depp with a sword or guns.

Not too hard. Pirates of the Caribbean/Once Upon a Time in Mexico.

aoshi;196832 said:
Equilibrium was sick(i mean great). Devil may cry 3 was more goth than sci-fi. DMC4 got a thumbs down for being more sci-fi and less goth. A good balance of both is required.

Both games had a mixture of Gothic and Sci-Fi.

aoshi;196832 said:
Vergil is from samurai origins. He follows bushido(code of honour). Again christian Bale is a little too old to play vergil.

Code of honor and wanting more power are two different things. He wields an o-katana (Yamato), and his clothing is that of a 19th century European prince. Not too much of a samurai.

You should know age doesn't matter in Hollywood.

aoshi

As much as we would want a DMC movie, I really doubt if hollywood can hear us.:p. If at all Capcom themselves would advertise their franchise through movies, I think ang-lee would make a good DMC movie.(Hulk was very good).

TheSonOfSparda

I really think there will be a movie of DMC and not based on the novel, a Movie of Devil may Cry. I just hope the hollywood folks don't tear apart the story basing themselves on the anime or what they think sounds better.
What i hate of the anime??? I can't believe Dante eating ice cream and not being sarcastic or joking around with enemies in crucial situations.
That's not the dante of DMC, DMC3 and DMC4

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think these clips of live-action Nero and Lady and Dante floating around the internet is what people mistook as 'the DMC movie' way back then. I recall the big hype about it before and how fans tore it apart when it started leaking out on the net, I just forgot about it because I wasn't so much into DMC on the 'release' of these videos. The 'DMC MOVIE!' phenomena hasn't died down because fans are dying to see the real deal. There is no evidence to support claims that there will be a movie this year - it's the same principle as everybody holding their breath and pouncing on the smallest mention of DMC5, with the difference that we know to definitely expect the next game sometime. The movie aspect can be classed as an urban legend at this point. It was supposed to come out in 2007, then 2008. Welcome 2010 and not even a whisper of a movie in the works.

Unholy Aeons

Fear is the Mindkiller
I'd be wary about taking information from IMWd. As far as a movie goes, I'd love to see one, I just hope it wouldn't stray too far away from the game.

Devil Hunter 95

Supreme Trickster
aoshi;196859 said:
As much as we would want a DMC movie, I really doubt if hollywood can hear us.:p. If at all Capcom themselves would advertise their franchise through movies, I think ang-lee would make a good DMC movie.(Hulk was very good).

hate to burst your bubble, but the remake without ang lee directing it was a hell alot better than that.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Imdb is a really good site for information on films (well i think so)

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0932986/

But IF it is made, i doubt it will be released this year anyway.
There is just nothing. I can't see that a film will be released. There were rumors that Uwe Boll was gonna make a Legacy of Kain film... i can't see how that would be possible.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
As much of a DMC fan as I am, I really dont wanna see a movie.

The reason being people like Uwe Boll/Paul Anderson might well get the rights to make such a film and create another pile of tripe with the name of my favourite video game series tacked on to it. Let's face it - the vast majority of game-to-movie attempts are awful. "Cashing in" on anything/everything is all the rage in film-making atm, and I simply don't have any faith in any directors out there right now - likely to undertake a DMC movie - to do any kind of justice to the series. Better it not be done than done badly, IMO.

Most of my favourite videogame series, Metal Gear, Resident Evil, DMC, Legacy of Kain... they're like bad B-movies anyway - or at least their sources of inspiration come from such. Why do we need bad films of games inspired by bad films? We don't, really.

I'll be more than satisfied with the next installment in the DMC game series instead.

aoshi

Lexy;203102 said:
As much of a DMC fan as I am, I really dont wanna see a movie.

The reason being people like Uwe Boll/Paul Anderson might well get the rights to make such a film and create another pile of tripe with the name of my favourite video game series tacked on to it. Let's face it - the vast majority of game-to-movie attempts are awful. "Cashing in" on anything/everything is all the rage in film-making atm, and I simply don't have any faith in any directors out there right now - likely to undertake a DMC movie - to do any kind of justice to the series. Better it not be done than done badly, IMO.

Most of my favourite videogame series, Metal Gear, Resident Evil, DMC, Legacy of Kain... they're like bad B-movies anyway - or at least their sources of inspiration come from such. Why do we need bad films of games inspired by bad films? We don't, really.

I'll be more than satisfied with the next installment in the DMC game series instead.

I dont think DMC 3, DMC 4 are in genre of bad B-movies. Its the bitchy game play that makes it so. But decent strats can be figured out for dante and vergil which can make the game look better. Besides artwork and design in the two games is un-comparable to any game to date.

I believe DMC 4 would make a good movie.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
hey guys there are alot of issues with a dmc movie. 1 you'd need actors that can manage both the looks and the additudes of the chariters ( a cgi movie with the VAs from the game whould solve that problem. the action whould need to be the over the top style that the games are known for ( hard to do without alot of digital effects even if its supposed to be live action it whould still be half CGI) 3. it whould be hard to make it look cool enough with pure CGI to be worth watching without being able to play, unless the story was really really good ( not likly in a movie based on a game.) 4. a script writer and director who won't compltly tear the story apart whould be hard to find( maybe the wrighter and director from one of the games. but wrighting and directing a game is a bit diffrent from the same job for movies.)

all this adds up to one thing if it did happen it whould probably be no more than mildly entertaining. ( it whould be like dmc2 ok but whouldn't compare to everything else in the series)

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Alright, maybe my distaste for the idea came from seeing a few bad game-inspired films lately, which is my own fault. But the icing on the cake was some discussion where people were suggesting Keanu Reeves play Vergil in a DMC flick. I facepalmed so fast it hurt.

Vergil would have to act. Please... if we must let Keanu be anything, he can play the door of the Lair of Judgement or something.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
darkslayer13;203517 said:
hey guys there are alot of issues with a dmc movie. 1 you'd need actors that can manage both the looks and the additudes of the chariters ( a cgi movie with the VAs from the game whould solve that problem. the action whould need to be the over the top style that the games are known for ( hard to do without alot of digital effects even if its supposed to be live action it whould still be half CGI) 3. it whould be hard to make it look cool enough with pure CGI to be worth watching without being able to play, unless the story was really really good ( not likly in a movie based on a game.) 4. a script writer and director who won't compltly tear the story apart whould be hard to find( maybe the wrighter and director from one of the games. but wrighting and directing a game is a bit diffrent from the same job for movies.)

all this adds up to one thing if it did happen it whould probably be no more than mildly entertaining. ( it whould be like dmc2 ok but whouldn't compare to everything else in the series)

I'll just say this Final Fantasy VII : Advent Children/Complete.If Capcom wants to do it like that fine.An animated movie?Fine as well.A hollywood movie?Sorry but here even the phrase sucks donkey kong b4llz is too kind.We saw the recent flops in cinema history.We don't need to see JUST ANOTHER.It's either Capcom's way or nobody's way.Or the realistic crappy way,which will make us ALL and I mean it,SAD :( Pandas.

Luna13

The Vampiric Vixen
GamblingGambitCloud;187378 said:
i'm sorry but i disagree....i think cgi would destroy the series...those graphics get too annoying when they're overused like that...amybe a cgi/ live action mix like 300 would work...but as far as i see, live action would be way better...because frist of all...how many cgi movies make it to theatres? besides 300, none....live action would...it's because people wouldn't pay to see grabage like that because it gets too annoying

You may think tat CGI is garbage but i think it is a better Idea than live action. Like many have said, most of the stunts are impossible to do in live action and the graphics of CGI are usually almost quite realistic if they use the right equipment and have the people who can use it right.

Eris Strife

The Discordian Trickster
I haven't read all 15 pages of the discussion so forgive me if what I say is a repetition of anyone's opinion but...

Seeing as both Dante and Vergil have out-of-this-world awesome looks, I really can't imagine any actor trying to act as them. So no, cross out live-action for me. Like Luna13 says, as long as the right equipment and team are on the job, we can expect more from CGI than live-action.

LOL @ Lexy's post... yeah, let Keanu be an inanimate object that wouldn't block our views of Dante/Vergil. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom