• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Graphic Arts book

berto

I Saw the Devil
As I said in the other one I got my copy of this book which spans the entirety of the original series in chronological order.
20130401175402.jpg
Book Sleeve
20130401175430.jpg
Sleeve w/out second sleeve

20130401175306.jpg
20130401175333.jpg
book w/out sleeve

The book is around 230 pages wide so it's the thickest DMC book I have even with novel. The first two pages are an intro and index of content.

20130401175510.jpg
20130401175533.jpg

Pages 6-39 are DMC3 materials, 40-75 is DMC1, 76-145 is DMC4, 145-175 is DMC2, 178-185 are guest illustrations of all DMC titles including DmC, 186-189 are illustrations of DMC characters in other games, 190-197 are character sheets for the anime, and 198-223 is a long interview about all the games and their history, I think.

20130401175707.jpg
20130401175723.jpg

20130401175911.jpg
20130401175945.jpg
20130401180021.jpg
EDIT:​
Well, it looks like this section of the forums doesn't do attachments, I'll have to upload them somewhere else.​

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Thanks, Berto.

Just one question you maybe or maybe not know the answer: kamiya already went on record saying Trish was not a Dante's love interest on DMC, but was she on this older version of BioHazard? Is that the main reason some people still claims there is romantic subtext on DMC1 and I know even the game become totally different, but some scenary was recicled.

berto

I Saw the Devil
She was but had another name, I forget what it was, and she was Tony's partner.

Gel

Premium
So, she was a love interest on Biohazard but not in DMC or she was a love interest in both? She was Aisha?

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think her name WAS Aisha.

Now, I gatta say, you didn't look very hard to learn any of this, did you? I posted a large translation someone did of the books from a resident evil forum. Go to the DMC1 section on this very forum andit should still be there on the first page under BioHazard4 senario.

Funny thing? While I was going through the book I saw the word BioHazard alot but I spoted one word on the DMC1 section that was a little surprising, Bayonetta.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Any info on Nero being Vergil's son or whatnot? Also, would you mind posting pages that you find really interesting?

Gel

Premium
Thanks! English is not my first language and I've not search for that Biohazard section before on this forum ,but as you already know there are a lot of precious things lost on so many information. I knew a lot of things were dropped from Bio when changed to DMC, but Capcom never cleared out if Dante and Trish stayed more that partners or that kinky idea was abandoned with rest.( since for what I got this pair is not even very well accepted in Japan, with Dante being appointed as a a dissapointing good looking character because he was a mazacon.I was searching for this kind of information on this book. ( as a lot of people are, by the way).:blush:
About Nero, I found this:

"Ok people I find something interesting( and unpleasant for some )about Nero's origin.In this picture you will find these simbols:
ネロ(Nero); バージル(Vergil.Since the picture is blurred you could see 息子(son) or 童子( child of: 童 stands for child and 子 for seed of or son of parents) So whatever are the symbols combination on the picture, they means ( son of Vergil).So it seems Nero really is Vergil's son."

berto

I Saw the Devil
Any info on Nero being Vergil's son or whatnot? Also, would you mind posting pages that you find really interesting?
If there is I wouldn't know, the book is in Japanese so all info in the matter is beyond me. If anyone would care to translate I will look for the text and posted. My only issue doing that or posting pages of interest is that this section doesn't allow you to upload attachments and I cant find an image host that isn't a pain in the ass.

Can anyone ether recomend and image host thats free and simple or a way to upload attachments to this section of the forum?

berto

I Saw the Devil
I found a scanner I can borrow but only when not in use, it'll be a while. I also found the passage regardin Vergil and Nero.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I think her name WAS Aisha.

Now, I gatta say, you didn't look very hard to learn any of this, did you? I posted a large translation someone did of the books from a resident evil forum. Go to the DMC1 section on this very forum andit should still be there on the first page under BioHazard4 senario.

Funny thing? While I was going through the book I saw the word BioHazard alot but I spoted one word on the DMC1 section that was a little surprising, Bayonetta.

Hmmmm...how so?

berto

I Saw the Devil
WELL, IT'S NOT PERFECT BUT I THINK IT MIGHT HELP.

001.jpg

002_Page_01.jpg

002_Page_02.jpg

002_Page_03.jpg

THIS IS THE NERO PART THAT EVERY ONE HAS BEEN ASKING ABOUT. LET ME KNOW IF IT'S LEGIBLE, THE UNIT I'M USING DOESN'T HAVE THE RESOLUTION AND I CAN'T MAKE OUT THE TEXT.

002_Page_04.jpg

002_Page_05.jpg

CONCEPT ART OF OF DMC2, I'VE ONLY EVER SEEN THAT IMAGE OF DANTE ONCE BEFORE, BUT NEVER THE OTHERS.
002_Page_06.jpg

002_Page_07.jpg

berto

I Saw the Devil
OK, I FIGURED OUT WHAT I DID WITH THOSE LARGE ONES, SO FOR THE NERO RELATED ISSUE:

003.jpg

THAT SHOULD BE LARGE ENOUGH.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Can't see it.
Right click on it, select properties and copy the URL of the image, pasted on to the address bar.

edith
It seems the image has gone corrupt. I'd upload it here but this section doesn't have attachment support.

Gel

Premium
With your last Nero's image I made a extraction of its text that came across like this:
魔剣教団において、対悪魔の任務を司る教団 騎士に所属する青年。実はパージルの息子。 斜に構えた性格とロの悪さが災いし、周囲か らは孤立。そのため、教団騎士のなかでも「汚 れ仕事」を命じられることが多い。彼自身単独 任務を好み、もっぱらひとりで任務に当たっ ている。その実力は高く、騎士長クレドや周 囲からも一目置かれる存在である。なお彼の 右腕は、悪魔の腕に変質している。

With http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/( a japanese translator ) it was translated into this:

"Religious group who manages the duty of an opposite evil spirit in a 魔剣 religious group Youth who belongs to a knight.
In fact, he is a son of パージル( vergil)
the badness of the sarcastic character and ロ suffers misfortune -- the circumference ら -- it is isolation.
Therefore, "汚 れ仕事" is ordered also in a religious group knight in many cases.
Himself himself A duty is liked and it is this たっ to a duty at one person chiefly. ている. "

It's an automatic translation but anyway there is in fact a reference on Nero being Vergil's son.

Could you please make a bigger image of the other characters as you done with Nero?I've being finding information to add to Devilmaycry wiki and any new note on them would be helpful.

berto

I Saw the Devil
With your last Nero's image I made a extraction of its text that came across like this:
魔剣教団において、対悪魔の任務を司る教団 騎士に所属する青年。実はパージルの息子。 斜に構えた性格とロの悪さが災いし、周囲か らは孤立。そのため、教団騎士のなかでも「汚 れ仕事」を命じられることが多い。彼自身単独 任務を好み、もっぱらひとりで任務に当たっ ている。その実力は高く、騎士長クレドや周 囲からも一目置かれる存在である。なお彼の 右腕は、悪魔の腕に変質している。

With http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/( a japanese translator ) it was translated into this:

"Religious group who manages the duty of an opposite evil spirit in a 魔剣 religious group Youth who belongs to a knight.
In fact, he is a son of パージル( vergil)
the badness of the sarcastic character and ロ suffers misfortune -- the circumference ら -- it is isolation.
Therefore, "汚 れ仕事" is ordered also in a religious group knight in many cases.
Himself himself A duty is liked and it is this たっ to a duty at one person chiefly. ている. "

It's an automatic translation but anyway there is in fact a reference on Nero being Vergil's son.

Could you please make a bigger image of the other characters as you done with Nero?I've being finding information to add to Devilmaycry wiki and any new note on them would be helpful.
I had a larger version but it went corrupt. I'll upload it again but there is no grantee that it won't happen again. Give me a minute.

Edit:
Lets see if this one lasts:
http://postimg.org/image/f6vdbz1s1/
click on the image to expanded more, it should be really big, not just page size.

Gel

Premium
Oh, another thing Berto, I've talked to Kiera about DMC Graphic Edition you posted . I knew Tony and Aisha were to be a romantic pair, Mundus was inicially to be Tony's Father and his last boss( as Count Spencer), Tony's mother was alive in that version and so on.Everything was changed , but I still have doubts if the romantic partnership remained, since that Kamiya's twitter still bugs me and Kiera said nothing of romantic conotation was on that book.What is your opinion? ( I ask you this since I was one of persons who downloaded the Devil May Cry 4 Devil's Material Collection you put on net years ago :) .

berto

I Saw the Devil
Oh, another thing Berto, I've talked to Kiera about DMC Graphic Edition you posted . I knew Tony and Aisha were to be a romantic pair, Mundus was inicially to be Tony's Father and his last boss( as Count Spencer), Tony's mother was alive in that version and so on.Everything was changed , but I still have doubts if the romantic partnership remained, since that Kamiya's twitter still bugs me and Kiera said nothing of romantic conotation was on that book.What is your opinion? ( I ask you this since I was one of persons who downloaded the Devil May Cry 4 Devil's Material Collection you put on net years ago :) .
Wow, Kiera, there is a name I haven't seen in a while.

I know all of this. I posted it on the DMC1 section under the BioHazard4 scenario thread, and the rest I knew from my own research in to DMC.

As for my opinion,I honestly thing the natureof the relationship was romantic at first, when DMC1 was the only thing around, but then the people who Capcom gave the franchise to decided that it wasn't.

Top Bottom