• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 5 Forum?

Set up a Devil May Cry 5 Forum now?

• Yeah!

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Naw.

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Hi,

Haven't got heaps of time so I won't beat around the bush; who here reckons we should set up a Devil May Cry 5 forum, right now? I mean, it's most likely the next DMC game to come out. And most Devil May Cry 5 discussions are taking place in the Devil May Cry General Discussion Forum which isn't really the correct place for it.

So, yeah, thoughts? Reckon we should add a Devil May Cry 5 Forum now or hold off that little bit longer? Don't forget to vote on the poll!

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Hmm, might certainly be worth doing! At least it'll stop everyone posting their Devil May Cry 5 theories in the Devil May Cry 4/DMC General discusiion section and you know you'll get some use out of it.

So yeah, by all means, go for it.

Janny

Dines with dementia
At first I thought it was a tad early for it, but why not? Who knows how early news about DMC5 will pop up. ;)

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
well dont day that, the news could be its not coming lol, or it might even end up being the PSP one lol

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
im mixed on the dmc 5 forum idea as 1) we dont know whens it out and 2) if we create it now its going to overflowed with the same threads that are in dmc general forum ..........

but i voted yes

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I concur with the majority of respondants. I think starting up the DMC5 forum would be a very good move and just might influence regulars here for completely new thread ideas. ;)

After all, speculation leaves limitless possibilities.:D

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well there are reasons for both doing so and not doing so.

Reasons for yes:
Since people are expecting to learn stuff about it as soon as possible, they started developing their own theories about Devil May Cry 5. Threads like that do not look well inside the Devil May Cry General Discussion and would probably fit better inside a Devil May Cry 5 Forum (at least, in my opinion). Secondly, it would be nice that when we finally get news about it, the poster will immediately post what he found on the correct Forum, so that everyone will see it faster. (Since, when a game's about to be made/produced/etc, the corresponding Forum is the 1st one the the members check first for any new info regarding the continuation of their favourite series. That was proven when Devil May Cry 4 was not for sale yet and we were just desperate to see new stuff about it. )

Reasons for No:
Since we have no particular footage for the game, the forum would end up quite empty. If not empty it would be flooded with threads with no real purpose like "Do you think Nero will appear on DMC5?" and nothing that actually discusses the game or its whereabouts. (I mean theories and guesses are fine, but without any sort of knowledge on the topic, one can make a theory based on anything, and he or she might as well create a fanfic instead.)
Remember when the Devil May Cry Anime Trailer was out. Although we had the info that proved that an anime was going to be made, we had nothing to discuss about it, and the forum was kinda dead until we learnt that Lady/Trish/Patty etc. were going to appear which led us to discussion.

Both reasonings seem fine to me so I won't really vote for now. Let's see what happens;)

The Da3dra

Master Of War
I agree with tony's reasoning:

Tony_Redgrave;120280 said:
Since we have no particular footage for the game, the forum would end up quite empty. If not empty it would be flooded with threads with no real purpose

but i disagree with:

Tony_Redgrave;120280 said:
Since, when a game's about to be made/produced/etc, the corresponding Forum is the 1st one the the members check first for any new info regarding the continuation of their favourite series....

Personally I never go to forums to find information about new or upcoming games, half the time i can just google (insert game title) and find the same exact information.

Regardless I feel like a DMC5 forum should be created, but not RIGHT NOW you'll have to start it when the time is right to early, and it will be an empty forum, to late and everyone will already know all the info already

(You have to use a light touch, like a safecracker or a pickpocket. Or a guy who burns down a bar for the insurance money)

I believe you should wait until some screenshots or something of that nature are released, because from THAT point the flow of information will probably be limitless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom