• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 5: Deluxe Edition

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
TGS2018 just revealed some interesting stuff for Devil May Cry 5; including this awesome crossover of Devil May Cry 5 X Megaman 11.
tumblr_pfc39hk3SG1s6ub5do1_540.png

They also announced a deluxe Edition which features the following:
-4 exclusive Devil Breakers (Including the Megaman canon)
-12 Battle music tracks from Devil May Cry 1-4 (no DmC music which disappoints me immensely)
-An alternate Style Rank announcer and title calls (for cosmetics sake)
-AND a new skin for Dante's motorcycle weapon "Cabaliere R"
-But the biggest thing from this Deluxe is definitely the inclusion of LIVE ACTION cutscenes.
tumblr_pfc39hk3SG1s6ub5do2_540.png

It seems the Megaman canon will allow you to play in a similar style as the Megaman games via sidescrolling.
tumblr_pfc39hk3SG1s6ub5do3_540.png
tumblr_pfc39hk3SG1s6ub5do4_540.png
tumblr_pfc39hk3SG1s6ub5do5_540.png

From TGS we also got a trailer for Dante and the gang. Which also gives us our first looks at Lady and Trish.

tumblr_pfc39hk3SG1s6ub5do6_r1_540.png
tumblr_pfc39hk3SG1s6ub5do7_r1_540.png

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yeah, but is it going to be like theRE2 one where it’s just DLC or do we get a cool cover or something?

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Apparently you can already preorder on consoles, but I can't find it on Steam.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm guessing by "live-action cutscene" they mean a story segment shot in the real world with actors and sets.

It would be funny if its a tease for a live action project.

If its just showing a mocap bts stuff, thats lame.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Also has variant packaging but there's no picture yet (as of the time of my posting this) so who knows what it will look like.
It's this one:
DMC5_DeluxeEdition_KeyArt.jpg

You can see it here. Go down to Products and change the selection to the Deluxe.

Reactions: Meg

Meg

Considering how much I hate the way V looks, I'll probably stick with the regular edition. :laugh:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Considering how much I hate the way V looks, I'll probably stick with the regular edition. :laugh:
I know! He looks like he shops exclusively at Hot Topic and yet he's wearing sandals so I don't know if he's a hippie or a goth, or the product of genetic engineering, the Indominus (Kylo) Ren, I guess. and that cane just adds to the confusion. Walks around reading what I can only assume is the instruction manual to the Vergil Mobile from DmC and... Well, let's see how he plays.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I think they're not allowed to use any DmC tracks due to legal reasons. Combichrist and Noisia own the actual tracks because they fully composed them and if Capcom used them in anyway that they can profit off they must pay those guys loyalties.

Also there is now sidescrolling involved when using the MegaBuster. It says in the trailer "Camera angles have been altered for promotional purposes".
But using the Buster may alter some of Nero's animations.

OUuv2vs.gif

txcu2YC.jpg

Ts7B1hq.gif

Gjzi9mN.png

DarkSlayer54

Even if I get the deluxe version... I'll be sure to avoid downloading the add-on content until after beating the game a few times (if it's even that good).

I like knowing what the game actually feels like without any additional content affecting the experience. No idea how optional these things will actually be... in the case of Arkham City, there was no option to disable the Catwoman DLC. It was automatically interweaved throughout the campaign.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Apparently the Deluxe edition comes with 100,000 red orbs. I don't want them. I earn every halo, red orb, soul, blood echo and proud soul in everyone of these game through my own merit, not with DLC or preorder bonuses or Pepsi points.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if the costumes, devil breakers and basically everything else is unlockable in the base game or if they are just exclusive to the deluxe version of the game?

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
This made me chuckle a little bit. :)

It shows that Capcom isn't afraid to experiment with things.

Top Bottom