• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4-Plot hole?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
so your saying yamato accept nero as its maste because of his connection to vergil and that because rebellion isnt as demonic as the other things he absorbs and because its dantes weapon and personally keyed to him nero couldnt absorb it. but wasnt yamato keyed to vergil in that same manner?

We're talking about absorbing matter not using it for if it worked like that Nero wouldn't have been able to pick up Rebellion to begin with. Anyone with enough strength or demonic energy can use Rebellion but there are other uses or bonds that must be achieved to use Rebellion's full power such as Devil Trigger. I doubt Dante can devil trigger with Vergil's Yamato (considering he wielded it in DMC4) or that Vergil can devil trigger with Rebellion (same goes for Nero).

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Explain? what do you mean rebellion has no actuall demonic powers?

yamato can cut through dimensions and open or close hell gates rebellion doesnt do anything dante has to fuse it with his power for drives the rebellion has no real demonic powers other than it being a,powerful sword in dantes hands if anybody else uses it its just a plain sword but dante can use it with his power to do drives and fuse it with power for million stabs too

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
berial ran away, echidna ran away, and that frog dude just didnt give him anything lol idk how that happened cuz nero killed him credo lived untill mission 10 and agnus dante killed and didnt get anything and sanctus didnt give anything either killing blow my backside lol he didnt get the chance to

he could have killed them before they ran dante killed them in one shot

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Rebellion is basically a plain sword in the hands of anyone but Dante. It has its supernatural attributes such as returning to its master but that is only when Dante calls it back.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
We're talking about absorbing matter not using it for if it worked like that Nero wouldn't have been able to pick up Rebellion to begin with. Anyone with enough strength or demonic energy can use Rebellion but there are other uses or bonds that must be achieved to use Rebellion's full power such as Devil Trigger. I doubt Dante can devil trigger with Vergil's Yamato (considering he wielded it in DMC4) or that Vergil can devil trigger with Rebellion (same goes for Nero).

exactly dude it cant have its full utility or power used unless its in,dantes,hands and it channels from his power and its own

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman

BERIAL RAN AT DANTE LOL and he ran AWAY from nero. echidna same thing ran from nero now he tried to stop he with his db but she got away and again dante and nero both killed on of the frogs but only dante got the benifit

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
exactly dude it cant have its full utility or power used unless its in,dantes,hands and it channels from his power and its own

so when the swords eyes glow red what is that a sign of that its channelling demon energy from dante? and what about the overdrive move in dmc4 is that just dantes demon energy coming out of the sword?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

Dante is far stronger than Nero.

If you're wondering why they didn't drop any Devil Arms or anything special not all demons or high leveled demons drop Devil Arms for if that is the case Griffin and Phantom should've dropped Devil Arms in DMC1 too......although they were killed by Mundus and therefor the conditions that were mentioned in the DMC4 manga weren't met like in DMC3 where the defeated demon must accept the person who defeated them as their master which Berial, Echinda, and Bael/Dagon did not or the user must be spiritually strong enough to bend their wills and subjugate them into Devil Arms like Vergil to Beowulf so I Dante either doesn't have the spiritual prowess to subjugate demons at their will or didn't want to do that to Berial. Both seems likely considering its Dante or the very fact he considered the likes of Berial disappointing.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
BERIAL RAN AT DANTE LOL and he ran AWAY from nero. echidna same thing ran from nero now he tried to stop he with his db but she got away and again dante and nero both killed on of the frogs but only dante got the benifit

the weapons didnt appear for nero after killing tje frog maybe because he didnt have enough demonic blood or the frogs,soul he killed didnt become a devil arm as they dnt all become devil arms

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman

If you're wondering why they didn't drop any Devil Arms or anything special not all demons or high leveled demons drop Devil Arms for if that is the case Griffin and Phantom should've dropped Devil Arms in DMC1 too......although they were killed by Mundus and therefor the conditions that were mentioned in the DMC4 manga weren't met like in DMC3 where the defeated demon must accept the person who defeated them as their master which Berial, Echinda, and Bael/Dagon did not or the user must be spiritually strong enough to bend their wills and subjugate them into Devil Arms like Vergil to Beowulf so I Dante either doesn't have the spiritual prowess to subjugate demons at their will or didn't want to do that to Berial. Both seems likely considering its Dante or the very fact he considered the likes of Berial disappointing.

So your saying nero wasnt able to subdue them? but he beat them..ALL of them lol berial he embaressed so he ran echidna ran and he beat the frog which gave him nothing so your saying because they didnt accept him as there master he didnt get the DA'S well thats bull what did they want him to do wear a crown while he kicked there assess

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman

So your saying nero wasnt able to subdue them? but he beat them..ALL of them lol berial he embaressed so he ran echidna ran and he beat the frog which gave him nothing so your saying because they didnt accept him as there master he didnt get the DA'S well thats bull what did they want him to do wear a crown while he kicked there ass

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
the weapons didnt appear for nero after killing tje frog maybe because he didnt have enough demonic blood or the frogs,soul he killed didnt become a devil arm as they dnt all become devil arms

right they all dont have too but berial, and echidna did, now echidna and berial ran so thats just not fair in my opinion and the first frog must not have had the what well call"devil arm gene" so the second frog did so ill give the game that one but seriously nero go jipped they either should have made yamato a main or given him another devil arm or even giiven his devil bringer a blade mode or something

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
So your saying nero wasnt able to subdue them? but he beat them..ALL of them lol berial he embaressed so he ran echidna ran and he beat the frog which gave him nothing so your saying because they didnt accept him as there master he didnt get the DA'S well thats bull what did they want him to do wear a crown while he kicked there ass

Not every demon doesn't automatically accepts anyone who kicks their a$$ as their master some can just be extremely prideful and accepts no one as their master (Berial is a good example). They'll rather try again than give in plus by defeat I mean slay or critical wound (in Cerberus's case). Berial and Echidna were still able to move and escape so the injuries that they received from Nero we're most likely minor or nothing major. Plus Nero isn't as powerful or skilled enough to subdue demons (he probably doesn't even know he can do it) like Vergil and Dante (if DMC1 and DMC4 is a hint to go by)......yet.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Not every demon doesn't automatically accepts anyone who kicks their a$$ as their master some can just be extremely prideful and accepts no one as their master (Berial is a good example). They'll rather try again than give in plus by defeat I mean slay or critical wound (in Cerberus's case). Berial and Echidna were still able to move and escape so the injuries that they received from Nero we're most likely minor or nothing major. Plus Nero isn't as powerful or skilled enough to subdue demons (he probably doesn't even know he can do it) like Vergil and Dante (if DMC1 and DMC4 is a hint to go by)......yet.

well atleast theres hope i guess hopefully they bring him back

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
so when the swords eyes glow red what is that a sign of that its channelling demon energy from dante? and what about the overdrive move in dmc4 is that just dantes demon energy coming out of the sword?

yes its,his energy being channeled through the sword he can channel his power into it making its attacks drastically stronger but the blade uses,his power all the time hence why its so devastating in his hands its just he fuses it with more power for drive moves rebellion has a,soul that is bonded with dante so if anyone else tries to use its power it will not work for them

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
yes its,his energy being channeled through the sword he can channel his power into it making its attacks drastically stronger but the blade uses,his power all the time hence why its so devastating in his hands its just he fuses it with more power for drive moves rebellion has a,soul that is bonded with dante so if anyone else tries to use its power it will not work for them

so it channels dantes power and has a soul bonded with the sword of a devil..but its not demonic? or are you saying its only demonic in dantes hands?

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Wow! topic with a headline like that has no useless arguing and pointless bashing, but just people helping out and discussing . My Lord, happy to see this.

Sorry for off-topic. Couldn't contain my happiness. :D
Keep going, guys. Me out.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Wow! topic with a headline like that has no useless arguing and pointless bashing, but just people helping out and discussing . My Lord, happy to see this.

Sorry for off-topic. Couldn't contain my happiness. :D
Keep going, guys. Me out.

Nah we're pretty much done.

Its like that when you have a limited amount of people (3) talking and not a herd where you can attract a commotion.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
so it channels dantes power and has a soul bonded with the sword of a devil..but its not demonic? or are you saying its only demonic in dantes hands?

the sword is demonic its a,devil arm but it doesnt have any special demonic powers or things it does and its only powerful in the hands of dante as its bonded to him yes without dante its still a devil arm but its the same as a,regular sword as it wont do anything fro the wielder and wont lend them its power or channel its power for them

Top Bottom