• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4-Plot hole?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Hey so everyone who has played dmc4 can see that nero's arm is a demon energy vacuum. everytie he touches something with that arm it gets absorbed from echidna's fruit to a portion of credo's sheild, to yamato itself a devil arm vergil used to carry in a sheath and now nero can just absorb into his arm(yes im going somewhere with this) now nero grabs yamato and absorbs it into his arm...anyone wonder why the same thing didnt happen to rebellion? i mean i get that the only time nero even touched rebellion was when he threw it at dante and he only touched it for 2 seconds maybe tops. but if yamatoo and rebellion were both forged for vergil and dante then they are essentially similar devil arms(besides the obvious shape and size difference) now can anyone tell me what would happen to neroif he absorbed rebellion the same way he absorbed yamato. do you think it would change his dt would he weild both weapons or a fusion of both? thoughts?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
the only reason he absorbed yamato is because of his connection to vergil i dnt believe he can absorb rebellion and if he could it might change nothing except his moveset

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
the only reason he absorbed yamato is because of his connection to vergil i dnt believe he can absorb rebellion and if he could it might change nothing except his moveset

but if he has a connection to vergil(whatver that may be) he has a connection to dante and look how much stronger nero is after he gets yamatos powers. it could do nothing but if he absorbed(if he could again this is a theory) he could power up again better still it could complete his dt and give him a fully body a new move set and a huge power boost now dante would never give up his sword...but maybe when or if he retires could see him passing it down he cant wear the mantle forever

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
don‘t think it works that way dude to be honest having two devil arms doesnt give him more demonic blood which is what he would need to gain a full dt plus rebellion was forged for dante only it only releases his powers so it wont work for nero even if he is dantes nephew or not as its made for dante only sparda made sure of that if your theory was possible then dante would have a different dt when using yamato but he doesnt as it was made for vergil and through nero and vergils connection thats how nero is able to wield it

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Also, Nero only knew he can absorb things when he obtained the "Evil Legacy, after fighting Dante, and Rebellion isn't really as demonic as the other things Nero absorbed and its linked to Dante (which is why Dante can call it back and it comes to him). Even Nero tried I doubt he can absorbed Rebellion due to Rebellion not accepting Nero as his master.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Also, Nero only knew he can absorb things when he obtained the "Evil Legacy, after fighting Dante, and Rebellion isn't really as demonic as the other things Nero absorbed and its linked to Dante (which is why Dante can call it back and it comes to him). Even Nero tried I doubt he can absorbed Rebellion due to Rebellion not accepting Nero as his master.

yep you are spot on dude

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
don‘t think it works that way dude to be honest having two devil arms doesnt give him more demonic blood which is what he would need to gain a full dt plus rebellion was forged for dante only it only releases his powers so it wont work for nero even if he is dantes nephew or not as its made for dante only sparda made sure of that if your theory was possible then dante would have a different dt when using yamato but he doesnt as it was made for vergil and through nero and vergils connection thats how nero is able to wield it

damn:/ and here i thought nero just absorbs whatever and just gets stronger lol connection or not

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
ha nope afraid not dude thats just wishful thinking plus the things he absorbed didnt make him stronger it gave him the snatch ability and the control over the sephirothic trees and roots in the forest

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman

so your saying yamato accept nero as its maste because of his connection to vergil and that because rebellion isnt as demonic as the other things he absorbs and because its dantes weapon and personally keyed to him nero couldnt absorb it. but wasnt yamato keyed to vergil in that same manner?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
ha nope afraid not dude thats just wishful thinking plus the things he absorbed didnt make him stronger it gave him the snatch ability and the control over the sephirothic trees and roots in the forest

thats only because he didnt get to kill the demons dante did which is why nero got the after effects and conditions of the devil arms and dante got the actual weapons which blows lol i wouldve liked nero to atleast have another weapon i mean even if yamato could actually be used as a main weapon that wouldve been awsome

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
so your saying yamato accept nero as its maste because of his connection to vergil and that because rebellion isnt as demonic as the other things he absorbs and because its dantes weapon and personally keyed to him nero couldnt absorb it. but wasnt yamato keyed to vergil in that same manner?

precisely which is why had nero not neen connected to vergil he couldnt have restored yamato or used it as it would not accept him
also rebellion is a manifestation of dantes power bit it has no actuall demonic powers like yamato has

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
thats only because he didnt get to kill the demons dante did which is why nero got the after effects and conditions of the devil arms and dante got the actual weapons which blows lol i wouldve liked nero to atleast have another weapon i mean even if yamato could actually be used as a main weapon that wouldve been awsome

nero should have performed a,killing blow and killed them then

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
precisely which is why had nero not neen connected to vergil he couldnt have restored yamato or used it as it would not accept him
also rebellion is a manifestation of dantes power bit it has no actuall demonic powers like yamato has

Explain? what do you mean rebellion has no actuall demonic powers?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman

berial ran away, echidna ran away, and that frog dude just didnt give him anything lol idk how that happened cuz nero killed him credo lived untill mission 10 and agnus dante killed and didnt get anything and sanctus didnt give anything either killing blow my backside lol he didnt get the chance to

Top Bottom