• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil may cry 4 opinions

master sayers

dmc4 all the way
Hi everybody what are your opinions on dmc4 good or bad, do u think it was worth the wait.

In my opinion it wasnt worth the wait dont get me wrong it was good but the first 1 is still my fav

Niruz

It was really good, the fighting sequences have been refined and redone, they've added some pretty interesting boss grabs with Nero and overall the fighting in this one feels more polished than ever before... The story however is quite non existant.

Sparda™

Niruz;79088 said:
It was really good, the fighting sequences have been refined and redone, they've added some pretty interesting boss grabs with Nero and overall the fighting in this one feels more polished than ever before... The story however is quite non existant.

Non-existent?

The story of DMC4 adds an interesting plot to the series saga. I'm sorry to say but before DMC4, there was not much of an interesting plot.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Fantastic game! what little problems I had with the second half of the story and gameplay are nothing compared to how awesome the game was overall. I say that it was worth the wait even if it was quite a long wait.

Niruz

Dante Aseroth;79091 said:
Non-existent?

The story of DMC4 adds an interesting plot to the series saga. I'm sorry to say but before DMC4, there was not much of an interesting plot.
Well, it doesn't explain anything about Nero except his relations to Kyrie and Credo. They never mention how Yamato was brought back. Or why Dante " had his reasons " for helping.

The story is basicly just about one evil guy trying to take over the world and the good guy trying to stop him. It doesn't really feel like DMC1 or 3 to me atleast.

Sparda™

Niruz;79095 said:
Well, it doesn't explain anything about Nero except his relations to Kyrie and Credo. They never mention how Yamato was brought back. Or why Dante " had his reasons " for helping.

The story is basicly just about one evil guy trying to take over the world and the good guy trying to stop him. It doesn't really feel like DMC1 or 3 to me atleast.

That's what the series needed, more interesting plots to be added.

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
time for me to stick my nose in...lol, i hear what alot of u guys are saying...and while i agree with alot of points i disagree with just as many. the DMC world was just fine b4 Nero's apearance, but he is quite an interesting addition. they just didnt pull it off like we have come to expect them to do as capcom is a great company. but they just got lazy with this story and decided to make it more of a mystery then butt kicking action held up by a good reason as to why it is going on and then giving u alittle character development within the storyline and reasons why it is all going on..dmc4 was a great game and in my opinion well worth it's wait..but they just left us kind of hanging in the cold on most of the answers we looked for

aka958

Don't trust people
WHAT THE!!?!?!... why he had his reasons for help!?!?!? he gave that DAMM Spardas sword and yamato to the order of the sword! did you not listen to the bonus scene!!?!?! and he killed Vergil in DMC1 of course he got the sword! dammit you think everything must be so pure as water or?!?!?! USE YOUR BRAIN AND THINK! when Sanctus said that he had spardas blood he did not meant it... he meant he fight almost like him.. HE WAS A CHALLENGE TO FIGHT... how could Sanctus see that he had spardas blood so fast???

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
I have never played the other games. Sure they are more original but I liked Devil May Cry 4 and I think it was a good game.

Keaton

Premium
I loved DMC1 it started the addiction, but DMC3 was awesome and DMC4 is on par methinks, worth the wait if only for on the fly style/weapon change and Nero (+all the hillarious cut scenes with Dante =p) :D

Keaton

Premium
Strifer;79790 said:
That is so true. Like when he do the spanish version of the Hell gate. Lol.^^

Yeah I would've paid the £40 for just the Lucifer scene lol

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Strifer;79691 said:
I have never played the other games. Sure they are more original but I liked Devil May Cry 4 and I think it was a good game.

You GOTTA play the first one dude all nostalgia aside I still think its the best by faaaar. The enimies and bosses were all so wicked.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
i have played the game properly at last(my friend is letting me borrow his PS3) and to be honest, its not as good i expected, its too dark, to see things properly, and Nero is a slow attacker, and i like being able to hack and slash fast, rather than as slow as him, i have played as Dante, and he was great, shame he only plays 6 missions (i think) but i do like the devil bringer

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
Correction 7 missions Dante have.
The enimies and bosses were all so wicked.
Sure, but are they difficult? If not It's not fun

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Strifer;80037 said:
Correction 7 missions Dante have.

Sure, but are they difficult? If not It's not fun

Hahaha..the bosses of DMC4 are nothing in front of DMC3 bosses;)
DMC1 bosses are fairly hard as well in great difficulties^^

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
Tony_Redgrave;80055 said:
Hahaha..the bosses of DMC4 are nothing in front of DMC3 bosses;)
DMC1 bosses are fairly hard as well in great difficulties^^

i agree..they are not difficult at all really..it's just that in this game if ur playing the series for the first time their patterns can be alittle difficult to figure out

Top Bottom