• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil may cry 4 combos

aka958

Don't trust people
I'm sure there have been made combo threads before, or at least a little sure.

Here you can tell different combos and techniques you use while playing DMC4.
To make it easier to read you could do it like this:

Character
Combo name
Weapons/styles used
Favored enemy to use against
Description (how to do)
Under what circumstances

Here is the list:

.'.-.'.
DANTE
.'.-.'.

Lucifer's dimension
//aka958
Weapons and styles used: Coyote-A, Lucifer, Darkslayer, Gunslinger, Swordmaster
Favored against: Loads of scarecrows
Description: Use three pin-ups with Lucifer and have the Coyote-A equipped, when done use Gun stinger and then switch to Darkslayer and use Slash Dimension F, while doing so switch to Swordmaster to use either Lucifer's Discpline or Bondage.
In total: 3x Pin-up, Gun stinger, Slash dimension F, Discipline/bondage

Good to use to get rid of the enemy right in front of you with the gun stinger, and when they get knocked back they are in range of dimension slash F

Distracting blows //aka958
Weapons and styles used: Lucifer, Darkslayer/Swordmaster + Rebellion
Favored against: Blanco Angelos, Alto angelos
Description: Use two pin ups close on the enemy, only when you got time to perform, when done immediatly use Ecstasy and either Prop Shredder with Rebellion or Yamato Combo S with Yamata. Using Prop Shredder may lead into air combos as well.
In total: 2x Pin-up, Ecstasy, Prop Shredder/Yamato slash S

Against Angelos, you destroy their defense so you can get a few hits in front of them.

Fun in the air
//aka958
Weapons and styles used: Rebellion, gilgamesh, darkslayer, swordmaster
Favored against: Most thing you hit up in the air, or gigantic bosses.
Description: To get close to your opponent use stinger, but hit the attack button again when your about to hit to chain into a million stab but don't let the attack end, instead you use high roller and hit your foe up in the air, when your up with your enemy use aerial rave then switch to darkslayer for a yamato air combo knocking your opponent away, switch to gilgamesh while jumping upwards and then use full house against the opponent you just recently knocked away.
In total: Stinger to million stabs cancelled into highroller, Aerial Rave, Yamato air combo, jump, Full House

Great combo, one of my fave's, got lots of varieties of it and if it doesn't finish the enemy of you'll still be right next to your enemy to start dishing out damage again. Gilgamesh's full house doesn't need to hit, it doesn't always do that, but you'll get close enough to start with something new.

Oblirelator //aka958
Weapons and styles used: Gilgamesh, Swordmaster
Favored against: Blitz, Faust, Mephistos, Scarecrow 3
Description: Use Kick 13 on your enemy launching them in the air, meanwhile you charge up Rising Dragon, while in the middle of the attack Rising Dragon you can DT to gain extra damage, if timed correctly you can DT and then go out of the DT to deal massive damage, but then you have to DT in the beginning of the attack.
In total: Kick 13, Rising Dragon with DT cancel

Great to kill Mephistos and Fausts when you've decloaked them. It's hard to get Blitz launched in the air with Kick 13 but when you are in DT it'll get alot easier, but harder to perform Rising Dragon too. Those badass gigantic Scarecrows does not stand a chance against this attack, it should kill them immediatly on any difficulty.

The Big Boom//DreadnoughtDT (Not fully tested)
Weapons used: Coyote-A, Pandora
Style used: Gunslinger
Favored against: Most enemies that get knocked back by Gun stinger
Description: Use a Gun Stinger, and as the enemy is reeling, switch to Pandora and fire off a Hatred shot. As the enemy continues to reel back, use one of Pandora's special moves, such as Omen, Argument, or Grief.
In total: Gun stinger, Hatred, Omen/Argument/Grief.

You can easily dish out damage to groupes of enemies as long as you've got a big distortion gauge filled. Splash damage to the enemies around you.

Frog Shredder//DreadnoughtDT (fully tested)
Weapon used: Rebellion
Favored against: Bael or Dagon
Style: Swordmaster
Weapons: Rebellion
Attacks: Aerial Rave, Prop Shredder, High roller, Helm breaker
Procedure: Attack either Bael or Dagon with Aerial Rave until they're stunned. Then use a full Prop Shredder. Make sure to hold the button during Shredder, and make sure to hit the bosses tongue. After a full 3-4 seconds of Shredder, the boss will have lost almost a quarter of his health! It does not end at that, quickly chain into a High roller to get into the air and hit Bael/Dagon with Aerial Rave and end with a swift and steady Helm breaker.

Leading the Lead//aka958
Favored against: Knockable enemies
Style: Gunslinger
Weapons: Gilgamesh, Pandora, Ebony & Ivory, Rebellion
Attacks: Kick 13, Jealousy, Firestorm, Helm breaker
Procedure: Use Kick 13 on your enemy, it will send the enemy in the air. Jump up and use Jealousy with Pandora. Try to time the jump and the attack with pandora correct so you'll be on the same altitude with your enemy, and close to it too. After that jump upwards and use Firestorm with Ebony & Ivory, hitting your enemy before they've reached land (hopefully). When you've finished your firestorm use Rebellion's Helm breaker to land right on the enemy that should've recently landed.

Showtime!!!//Leonheart.
Weapons: Pandora, Rebellion, Ebony and Ivory, Pandora, Gilgamesh
How to do it?
First possible Combo: Million Stab -> High Time -> Fire With Pandora Gatling gun in mid-air -> Aerial Rave -> Helm Breaker / Shock -> Round Trip (While Dante's sword is slashing the enemy, Finish it with Real Impact)

Crowd control
//aoshi
Weapons: Rebellion, Gilgamesh, Ebony and Ivory
Styles: Trickster and Swordmaster
Description: Fire ebony and ivory for a few seconds until enemy is not throwing hits. Stinger or dash into enemy. Two hits with rebellion combo 1. High time(change to swordmaster) aerial rave(3hits) cancel to killer bee)gilgamesh = switch style to trickster to evade any ground attacks on way down finish with gilgamesh special move.

.-'.-'
NERO
.-'.-'

Felt ripper//Darth Angelo
Weapon used: Red Queen, Devilbringer
Favored against: Scarecrows and Frosts
Attacks used: High roller, Roulette spin, Snatch, Calibur, Buster

Description: Start with a high roller and go up with him and go into a roulette spin, as he gets knocked away swiftly snatch him back and hit him with a calibur at the same time, as he is flying away for the second time snatch him again to finish with the buster.

Wheel of Fire
//darkslayer13
weapon used: Red Queen
favored against: Most enemies
Description: Have an filled ex gauge, do a highroller on the enemy and try to get EX act timed perfectly for a triple boost and chain into a split.
In total: lvl 3 EX Highroller, EX Act one or full, EX Split

As long as you are a good at timing this is a move for you. Hitting something in the air and you know that there are a bunch on the ground still intimidating you, you quickly devestate their plans for an ambush by smashing them to pieces with a high leveled EX Split

Berserker Rage//Leonheart.
Weapon: Red Queen, Devil Bringer
Enemy: Usually Scarecrow
How to do it?
DT -> Snatch -> High Roller (Exceed) -> Roulette Spin -> Devil Buster -> Split (Exceed) -> End with quick Maximum Bet

EX Drive
//DreadnoughtDT
Character used: Nero
Weapons: Red Queen, Blue Rose, Yamato, Devil Bringer
Favored against: Enemies that are weak to fire/"light" enemies
Procedure: Use an EX High Roller while charging a Level 3 shot. When you get the enemy into the air, fire the shot. Snatch them back, DT, and kill them off with Showdown. A nice, clean kill.

Air infinite 01[
//aoshi
Favored against: Knockable enemies
Description: Any red queen ground combo - cancel to high roller - mid air slashes possibly with exceed - buster(hold buster button) - swing red queen(possibly with exceed)- and time release of buster button to red queen attacks - buster again into an endless air combo.

Snatch loop//aoshi

Enemies = scarecrows, frosts , forest lizards and any knock able enemy in air. I am not sure on angelos.

1)Simple snatch loop - High roller, mid-air slash(single with exceed) - snatch - mid-air slash(single with exceed) - snatch.
I was able to do 3 loops in mid air which raises style meter to 'brutal'. Very useful. Possible end the loop with a (buster hold) jus before reaching the ground that will block any enemy attacks in ground.

I think the combo is automatic and timing is not very difficult as snatch is a good buffer for subsequent exceed attacks.

--------

That's all for now, I'll come up with more. Feel free to add combos as well.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
The Big Boom//DreadnoughtDT
Weapons used: Coyote-A, Pandora
Style used: Gunslinger
Details: Use a Gun Stinger, and as the enemy is reeling, switch to Pandora and fire off a Hatred shot. As the enemy continues to reel back, use one of Pandora's special moves, such as Omen, the missile battery, or the bladed boomerang.

aka958

Don't trust people
It's in.

Anyone who wants to show a combo they regularly use? It's free to post, it'll only cost you time.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i have one little trick i like. i just have to think of a dramatic name.... oh i know.

Wheel of Fire- charicter used: nero
weapon used; Red Queen
favored against:: anything

charge the exceed guage to full. use a lvl 3 EX High Roller. use EX- Act from that move then use Double Down ( the EX version of Split).

moves used: lvl 3 EX High Roller. EX-Act. Double down

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Here's one I used today. ^_^

Frog Shredder//DreadnoughtDT (fully tested)
Weapon used: Rebellion
Style: Swordmaster
Attacks: Aerial Rave, Prop, Shredder
Procedure: Attack either Bael or Dagon with Aerial Rave until they're stunned. Then use Prop, then Shredder. Make sure to hold the button during Shredder, and make sure to hit the bosses tongue. After a full 3-4 seconds of Shredder, the boss will have lost almost a quarter of his health!

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Felt ripper random name
Character: Nero
Weapon used: Red Queen+Devilbringer
Favored against: Scarecrows and Frosts

Description: Start with a high roller and go up with him and go into a roulette spin, snatch him back and hit him with a calibur at the same time, as he is flying away snatch him again to finish with the buster.

aka958

Don't trust people
^It has been added.

Good to see that there is more than one Nero Combo up there.
Updated the list. Now there are two sections for each character to more easily look for moves to one of them.

Leonhart.

Flawless Assassin
Well this is few of my combos^_^

*Dante*
Weapons: Pandora, Rebellion, Ebony and Ivory, Pandora, Gilgamesh
Showtime!!!
How to do it?
First possible Combo: Million Stab -> High Time -> Fire With Pandora Gatling gun in mid-air -> Aerial Rave -> Helm Breaker / Shock -> Round Trip (While Dante's sword is slashing the enemy, Finish it with Real Impact)

*Nero*
Weapon: Red Queen, Devil Bringer
Berserker Rage
Enemy: Usually Scarecrow
How to do it?
DT -> Snatch -> High Roller (Exceed) -> Roulette Spin -> Devil Buster -> Split (Exceed) -> End with quick Maximum Bet

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
EX Drive//DreadnoughtDT
Character used: Nero
Weapons: Red Queen, Blue Rose, Yamato, Devil Bringer
Favored against: Enemies that are weak to fire/"light" enemies
Procedure: Use an EX High Roller while charging a Level 3 shot. When you get the enemy into the air, fire the shot. Snatch them back, DT, and kill them off with Showdown. A nice, clean kill.

Thought it looked too Dante biased up there. Here's one for Nero. ^_^

aoshi

Combos combinations can be endless in DMC as upto four weapons can be combined(six in DMC 4) with each weapon havin a skill set that favours the other.

I just finished game on Devil hunter mode.I hardly used combos as wanted to beat the game but at the same time had a browse for some combos.

Useful combos that give a damage and good crowd control.

Dante :

Weapons :Rebellion,gilgamesh,ebony and ivory,(Trickster+swordmaster)

Fire ebony and ivory for a few seconds until enemy is not throwing hits. Stinger or dash into enemy.Two hits with rebellion combo 1. High time(change to swordmaster) aerial rave(3hits) cancel to killer bee)gilgamesh = switch style to trickster to evade any ground attacks on way down finish with gilgamesh special move.

Nero infinte air combo:

1) Simple - Any red queen ground combo - cancel to high roller - mid air slashes possibly with exceed - buster(hold buster button) - swing red queen(possibly with exceed)- and time release of buster button to red queen attacks - buster again into an endless air combo.

Will be updating more.

Royal guard was fun on the Saviour.

aoshi

Thanks aka for updating combo list.

Played a bit more. This time on SOS mode. I believe there is scope for loop combos in game. So there can be a new section defines loop combos.

Nero snatch loop:

Enemies = scarecrows, frosts , forest lizards and any knock able enemy in air. I am not sure on angelos.

1)Simple snatch loop - High roller, mid-air slash(single with exceed) - snatch - mid-air slash(single with exceed) - snatch.
I was able to do 3 loops in mid air which raises style meter to 'brutal'. Very useful. Possible end the loop with a (buster hold) jus before reaching the ground that will block any enemy attacks in ground.

I think the combo is automatic and timing is not very difficult as snatch is a good buffer for subsequent exceed attacks.

Need to practice more and may be more than 3 loops can be achieved.

aka958

Don't trust people
You could easily use jump cancel for infinite loops.

No combo can be a loop since there will always be enemies attacking that changes your combo uses. That makes you cahnge combos often. Loops won't work in the end.

I'll add it to the list.

aoshi

aka958;244202 said:
You could easily use jump cancel for infinite loops.

No combo can be a loop since there will always be enemies attacking that changes your combo uses. That makes you cahnge combos often. Loops won't work in the end.

I'll add it to the list.

Jump cancel is one of the loops. There are many loops in the game. Only most don't try to find it.

Above loop combo is in air which is simple than timing the cancels in air. I think JC with exceed is quite an ask but i have not tried it though as am jus gettin hold of nero's strong points.

In the above combo, snatch acts as a cancel buffer for next red queen attack. As effective as JC if combined with buster holds.I think it should work on any difficulty.

aka958

Don't trust people
aoshi;244214 said:
Jump cancel is one of the loops. There are many loops in the game. Only most don't try to find it.

Above loop combo is in air which is simple than timing the cancels in air. I think JC with exceed is quite an ask but i have not tried it though as am jus gettin hold of nero's strong points.

In the above combo, snatch acts as a cancel buffer for next red queen attack. As effective as JC if combined with buster holds.I think it should work on any difficulty.

It should as long as you get the enemy in the air.

aoshi

How come dante's DT could not be charged? There is a distort addition to moves in devil trigger. Example stinger distort - Rebellion stinger in DT. Should be interesting on gilgamesh rising dragon.
I think DT charge was really effective in crowd control.

Dante DT charge combo in DMC 3.

Agni & rudra , beowulff , swordmaster.

1)Hold DT button to charge - start combo with a killer bee(Beowulff) - crawler(A&R) - BEOWULFF(short uppercut - DT almost charged completely) - start million slash combo - jus as million slashes start - time release of DT. Due to effect of million slash - enemies will not be thrown away due to DT buster and combos can continue. Pretty useful on abyss in mission 19.

===> Bit off topic but thought would post it here.:p

aka958

Don't trust people
aoshi;244924 said:
How come dante's DT could not be charged? There is a distort addition to moves in devil trigger. Example stinger distort - Rebellion stinger in DT. Should be interesting on gilgamesh rising dragon.
I think DT charge was really effective in crowd control.

Dante DT charge combo in DMC 3.

Agni & rudra , beowulff , swordmaster.

1)Hold DT button to charge - start combo with a killer bee(Beowulff) - crawler(A&R) - BEOWULFF(short uppercut - DT almost charged completely) - start million slash combo - jus as million slashes start - time release of DT. Due to effect of million slash - enemies will not be thrown away due to DT buster and combos can continue. Pretty useful on abyss in mission 19.

===> Bit off topic but thought would post it here.:p

You could make a DMC3 combo thread. It's a heck alot more options when it comes to combos in DMC3.

Top Bottom