• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Developers Should Make New Games, not Reboot Old Ones

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
Well comics have done this since, well, forever. the only difference is is the price. I could careless what game creators make as long as they keep it up. I'm in no position to tell people what to make and what not to make considering i have no clue how to make a game, let alone a game thats a Triple A title.
Sure when it says reboot, you automatically think its the easy way out, but i happen to think its just another game. Especially if its coming from a completely different company.
If you want to be ignorant then you shouldn't be in this topic. Here we discuss why reboots are good and bad.
We don't have a "I don't care" attitude when we discuss it.

Those who like Reboot discuss for it
Those who dislike it discuss for it

So unless your not what i assume you are (ignorant), then you better throw your "I don't care" attitude aside.

Noone in thread has told Capcom not to make a new character, story or new take on DMC gameplay. NOONE.

And a friend whos name is "CommonSense" tells me that reboots are a easy way projects. And my friend's argument for that is that if you made a new DMC game that was successor to DMC gameplay then it would require LOTS more work than just story and character.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
If you want to be ignorant then you shouldn't be in this topic. Here we discuss why reboots are good and bad.
We don't have a "I don't care" attitude when we discuss it.

But i do care about the games, hence my VG addiction u dick. Try not to bash other peoples opinions. I don't care if reboots are made because i have respect for game developers, but i happen to like a good reboot if its a good game. There is no formua on how to make a good reboot or is there a formula to make a great game period. Just because a reboot comes with a source of material doesn't make the game easier to make. Just easier to sell.

Those who like Reboot discuss for it
Those who dislike it discuss for it

So unless your not what i assume you are (ignorant), then you better throw your "I don't care" attitude aside.

why do i have to like or dislike something when there have been good and bad rebooted games? thats pretty shallow

Noone in thread has told Capcom not to make a new character, story or new take on DMC gameplay. NOONE.

What? I cannot understand you here. Are you saying Capcom made the decision to reboot all by themselves? Because thats how it should be. No one here works for capcom anyways so why would they need to tell capcom what to do?
It was a business decision to reboot DMC. If you look at NT's previous work, they have done nothing but original IP's and have suffered from it. I happen to like both their next gen games a lot and i was happy that they were given the opportunity to make the next dmc game. for 1, i like how NT makes their games, and 2, i absolutely love DMC.

And a friend whos name is "CommonSense" tells me that reboots are a easy way projects. And my friend's argument for that is that if you made a new DMC game that was successor to DMC gameplay then it would require LOTS more work than just story and character.
Do you know how long this game has been in development? How is that easier? And just recently have we seen the final version of the combat for this game and thats after 2.5 years later. And its even ran on a completely different engine too. Nothing about DmC, to me, reminds me of the past dmc games and its the same for Tomb Raider. I really don't expect Lara to be able to dual wield while preforming back hand springs anymore.

To me, both of these games have the potential to offer more than their past predecessor. And for that, i do like reboots when they are done well but my opinion can change at anytime.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
You don't care about how they make a game. Whether it be reboot or not. This topic discusses reboots.
And i have not said you don't care about games in general, i said if you don't have any opinion about reboots, and come in with a "i don't care" attitude it's no point for you to comment.

The point of this topic is not "Do you mind reboots?Yes/No?", it is to discuss if reboots are good or bad.
If you have no opinion about rebooting games how can you continue and discuss it with me and others?

What i said with third pharagraph is that noone in this topic has said that Capcom can't make a new character, new story or even a new game similar to DMC. If they made a hack and slashgamecalled "Bad Gangs" where the main weapon was a baseball bat and characer was named Jarred, noone would mind that.
Because making NEW things - is awesome.
As for Ninja theory goes, they made two games HS and Enslaved. They got bad sales. And now theygot DmC project, and your basically proving my point that reboots are done to take advantage of fanbases.
Because fanbases provides more units sold.
And if you look at NT's games the gameplay sucked. Isn't that the essence of a game? Gameplay...?

DmC and DMCgameplay is alot similar, since you have amnesiaattack let me help you:
Dante, Rebellion, Sparda, Mundus, Demons, ranking system, attacks (Drive, Shuffle, Helm breaker, Jump cancel), Half X and y character, (Vergil), Order, Devil trigger,

So yes, DmC looks VERY different to DMC. (sarcasm much?).

It's ironic you enter this topic with "I don't care", and then it's revealed you have a positive view of reboots.
Because let's look at reality even non reboot games be "done well" (as you said it). And even non reboot games can be disliked if it's not done right.

But DmC is a reboot of DMC and being advertised as such.
Why though? Can't DmC succeed without influence from DMC?
exactly.

Top Bottom