• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Depression.

The dark knight

What are your opinions on it? I was recently diagnosed and I think it is a life long disorder. You can control it and get off the medication. But I think a depressive episode can happen even if you think you are better.

ManOfMayhem

Sorry to hear about that. Depression should not affect peoples lives as it will end in a flash you must hold your head up high and enjoy the world for what it is.

Saix

Devil's Advocate
I've also been affected by it and its taken a big chunk of my life.
I believe you can get off the medication but you really have to solve the problem causing the depression first before attempting so...

If you have any issues, I've had depression for years. I'd be glad to help you out if you need to chat or talk or anything.

*hugs*
You'll be ok

Koemi

half-breed
I was like that too a while ago... well, it can take pages so I'll just go straight to the point - don't worry too much about depression itself. Some I knew are even more depressed after they know they have depression. You're right - it's like an episode, it comes and goes. Much like weather. But I am 100% you'll be fine coz I am now. =]

Actually I think depression is a good thing to a certain extent: after an episode, you'll feel life isn't the same and you'll enjoy it even more. Just look forward to this. ;) I think I even learned to be more optimistic so yah - you'll be just fine.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
The more pessimistic you are about it, the worse it will seem. Had it for 14 years and I'm all clear now so it doesn't have to be forever.

If there is a root cause then you can deal with it as and when you are able to. More often than not, it is an umbrella situation - lots of nondescript causes and nothing really jumps out as the defining reason you feel depressed. If that's the case then don't stress it - take the meds, if offered (but always say if they are not suiting you) and attend therapy if recommended (again, if it doesn't suit - tell someone).

Perfectly manageable in the vast majority of cases but you need to work with the system to get the most benefit from your treatment - pills take a while to work but cognitive therapy is a massive help too - doing something creative or artistic (even if you're about as artistic as a lettuce) can help calm you, relax you and get some of those emotions out without the frustration of being unable to speak them.

And you know where I am ;)

ManOfMayhem

You had it for 14 years? Well I surely hope you are all better now and cleared enough to keep loving DMC lol :p

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
The dark knight;112397 said:
What are your opinions on it? I was recently diagnosed and I think it is a life long disorder. You can control it and get off the medication. But I think a depressive episode can happen even if you think you are better.

My family has a life-long disorder of all kinds. My brother is bipolar, asbergers and septable to depression. My grandmother is also a manic depressive, and i'm also mildly autistic and have severe OCD with PTSO, and it wrecks my life in all honestly. Sounds funny, but my downfall is games, depression wise. :\
I've been on medication, it helps alot but you eventually sometime return to a depressive state.
My parents always said to me though; you'll eventually come out of it. And, you always do eventually, even if things are extreme. Just try and keep your mood lifted as much as possible, my life is turning better.
The best way to settle a problem, is do it yourself, if help is required, because only you can unlock your inner-mind. ;)

Top Bottom