• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Demons and Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesome

It's a goddamn game with demons, main protagonist is (half)demon. I realy don't expect Devil Arms to be realistic. And I think that he is wielding two different Devil Arms in the video (spear and a vacuum cleaner thingy), it would make more sense to me*.

*Because he is pulling his weapons out of nowhere so they are probably separate ingame animations (where we can't see Dante pulling out his weapons, yet).

kanna-X-freak

Since the only reason why I would ever buy this would be the gameplay, then it would be really stupid to take away all those nonsensical but awesome devil arms (like those in DMC3, I can't even count the hours I spent with Nevan or Cerberos). If they're going to do just something like God of War or Dante's Inferno... then I'll be ****ed. I'm not saying GoW was bad, but the combat system and the lack of other weapons weren't really appealing to me.

moseslmpg

Awesome;275407 said:
It's a goddamn game with demons, main protagonist is (half)demon. I realy don't expect Devil Arms to be realistic. And I think that he is wielding two different Devil Arms in the video (spear and a vacuum cleaner thingy), it would make more sense to me*.

*Because he is pulling his weapons out of nowhere so they are probably separate ingame animations (where we can't see Dante pulling out his weapons, yet).
I didn't see any demons in the trailer. I saw what appeared to me semi-mechanical mechanoid enemies. I also didn't see any display of demonic power, unless you call extreme parkour devilish. We also don't know if Dino is actually half-demon yet.

He is wielding one weapon which changes its form, not two weapons.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
moseslmpg;275485 said:
I didn't see any demons in the trailer. I saw what appeared to me semi-mechanical mechanoid enemies. I also didn't see any display of demonic power, unless you call extreme parkour devilish. We also don't know if Dino is actually half-demon yet.

He is wielding one weapon which changes its form, not two weapons.

the game is DmC: devil may cry not RmC: robot may cry. each game has a different basic demon. DmC just happens to have a semi-mecanical look for the basic demons. dante's weapons could be mecanical or demonic or anything else.

ARandomGuy

If those enemies really are working for the guys that held Dante in the asylum. Then I guess, those demons may have been "modified" in order to be controlled. And that shape-shifting weapon really doesn't look technological to me.

Silahsor

Lead Guitar
I think that too shape shifting sword is a technological devil arm because in previous game shape-shifting ability was an demonic power (trish-gloria or arkham-jester).But also this is a reboot so this fact can be change now.

Also,these mecha-demonic demons (what a f**ed up name i just made up :p ) need some more details in my opinion.

moseslmpg

darkslayer13;275859 said:
the game is DmC: devil may cry not RmC: robot may cry. each game has a different basic demon. DmC just happens to have a semi-mecanical look for the basic demons. dante's weapons could be mecanical or demonic or anything else.
Yeah, and DMC used to have a white haired character named Dante too. :rolleyes: We are in reboot territory here, nothing is certain. The name certainly doesn't matter anymore because it has nothing to do with the past games.

If you examine the sword, it has no demonic elements. It looks more like just gray metal shaped like the red queen. It does not look demonic nor does it exhibit any demonic characteristics.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
moseslmpg;275960 said:
Yeah, and DMC used to have a white haired character named Dante too. :rolleyes: We are in reboot territory here, nothing is certain. The name certainly doesn't matter anymore because it has nothing to do with the past games.

If you examine the sword, it has no demonic elements. It looks more like just gray metal shaped like the red queen. It does not look demonic nor does it exhibit any demonic characteristics.

the title dose matter because it shows that it is still related to demons. the sword might not be demonic but the enemies definitly are.

VirgilTheart

moseslmpg;275960 said:

Seems someone missed a pic. ;) :p

devil-may-cry-ninja-theory-project-20100915051236723.jpg

Looks a bit demonic from where I'm at. ^_^

And that reminds me of a thought I had this morning; what if this new sword isn't Rebellion, but instead it's the rebooted Force Edge/Sparda?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYQoNJnWELw

^ That's the scene in DMC1 where Force Edge obtains its true potential and form as "Sparda", which as Dante shows in the scene, can act not only as a sword, but also a halberd and a scythe; it appears that DmC Dante's unknown weapon turns into at least a scythe and possibly a halberd too during the trailer. True, Sparda didn't do the extend-y thing that the new sword did, but I think that might've been added in to compensate for the loss of Nero's Devil Bringer in DMC4.

Thoughts, folks? :D

Asmodaius

VirgilTheart;276219 said:
Seems someone missed a pic. ;) :p

devil-may-cry-ninja-theory-project-20100915051236723.jpg

Looks a bit demonic from where I'm at. ^_^

And that reminds me of a thought I had this morning; what if this new sword isn't Rebellion, but instead it's the rebooted Force Edge/Sparda?

^ That's the scene in DMC1 where Force Edge obtains its true potential and form as "Sparda", which as Dante shows in the scene, can act not only as a sword, but also a halberd and a scythe; it appears that DmC Dante's unknown weapon turns into at least a scythe and possibly a halberd too during the trailer. True, Sparda didn't do the extend-y thing that the new sword did, but I think that might've been added in to compensate for the loss of Nero's Devil Bringer in DMC4.

That actually looks like Sparda's scythe form, and not a halberd which I thought it was at first. Very nice ^^

VirgilTheart

Asmodaius;276231 said:
That actually looks like Sparda's scythe form, and not a halberd which I thought it was at first. Very nice ^^

No problem! ^_^

I'm curious to see how the weapon's morphing capabilities will work in the gameplay; will certain commands/combos result in different forms, or will we be able to totally switch between forms and each bearing their own set of combos? And in extension, what sort of Devils Arms will be present this time around (assuming that there will be in the reboot)?

Vampi

I think probably the morphing of that sword is going to replace the Style System sumwhat. Maybe Dino can acquire other weapons with morphing abilities, but sum are more defensive then offensive. If my assumption does come true...it would totally suck sumwhat since probably the amount of weapons won't be that much since they practically do much of everything.

VirgilTheart

Vampi;276241 said:
I think probably the morphing of that sword is going to replace the Style System sumwhat. Maybe Dino can acquire other weapons with morphing abilities, but sum are more defensive then offensive. If my assumption does come true...it would totally suck sumwhat since probably the amount of weapons won't be that much since they practically do much of everything.

It'd suck for lack of diversity, but I'd personally rather have a small handful of weapons that actually had good purpose and use instead of a whole boatload of unnecessary weaponry.

Vampi

If that's so, then this game better be up there with DMC 3 difficulty. Or DMC 1 difficulty. I feel that having those kind of weapons would make the game too easy. Then again Capcom wants to attract a bigger audience...even though we don't know what audience they're targeting.

VirgilTheart

Vampi;276262 said:
If that's so, then this game better be up there with DMC 3 difficulty. Or DMC 1 difficulty. I feel that having those kind of weapons would make the game too easy. But i doubt that, since once again Capcom wants to attract a bigger audience...even though we don't know what audience they're targeting.

I agree. I want some real difficulty playing this game, please. :D

I think they just want a bigger audience in general. Not going for a specific group, but rather just get more people from every direction interested in the Devil May Cry franchise. ^_^

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
That must be a scythe... or a sword? I'm confused!

Somebody get me some answers here!

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
VirgilTheart;276219 said:

i had that same thought. it really dose seem more like Force Edge/Sparda than Rebellion. and since it's a reboot Dante can have it the entire time.

expanding on the shapeshifting could really add to the gamplay and Ninja Theory has already done a game with that type of thing before. hopfully the game will retain the basic gameplay of the other games but adding a little more would be good.

with a shapshifting weapon there isn't much point in getting more weapons. additional forms for his sword would work. an maybe something like the Devil Hearts from dmc2 could be used to add in elements and alter the way the sword works.

Asmodaius

darkslayer13;276439 said:
i had that same thought. it really dose seem more like Force Edge/Sparda than Rebellion. and since it's a reboot Dante can have it the entire time.

expanding on the shapeshifting could really add to the gamplay and Ninja Theory has already done a game with that type of thing before. hopfully the game will retain the basic gameplay of the other games but adding a little more would be good.

with a shapshifting weapon there isn't much point in getting more weapons. additional forms for his sword would work. an maybe something like the Devil Hearts from dmc2 could be used to add in elements and alter the way the sword works.

Oh yeah, I actually liked how the Devil Hearts worked in DMC2. It could be neat if they ahd that return, to kinda enhance your weapon and skills - it could make you run faster and fly faster when in DT form, give your weapon some elemental damage feature and alot of other great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom