• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Demons and Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Any demons appearing in this game? What will appear?

For the weapons, is there devil arms and fire arms in it? And where's Rebellion?

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
Reboot = Sparda may have not even lived.
Or that the considered Sparda is now Dante in this new universe, interesting theory...

As for devil arms, and fire arms, it definitely looks like they will be in this one.

Asmodaius

We know nothing of this yet. From the trailer, we can say this:

Dante has his guns, but they look somewhat different from what we have seen before - perhaps it is just a design choice.

Dante wields a weapon which seems to be able to change shape and form. In the trailer it goes from looking like a spear to a halberd and then a whip like weapon. His sword the Rebellion hasn't appeared yet, unless the weapon he wields -is- Rebellion.

The 'demons' which has appeared in the trailer looks like female mechanoids which behaves like the marionettes from DMC1.

Cuervo

The demons look like a cross between angels and demons. Kind of like hybrids, or fallen angels.

Very, very cool design, I must say.

moseslmpg

Uh, no they don't. They don't have any demonic or angelic features. The mannequins looks more like robots, and I think they may have a recon role for the government or whoever had Dino locked up.

Cuervo

moseslmpg;275264 said:
Uh, no they don't. They don't have any demonic or angelic features. The mannequins looks more like robots, and I think they may have a recon role for the government or whoever had Dino locked up.

They do like hybrids, IMO.

Of the latter, you're probably right.

But I'm talking of the design itself, not really the meaning behind it.

Ichi-nii

Dark Knight
In all honesty, its Devil Arms, or get the **** out.

Demons Im not really bothered about their design.

moseslmpg

I don't think crystallized demon souls really fits with the style they are putting forth. The weapons will be either technological, or something to do with spray paint, since Dino is urban and hip.

Ichi-nii

Dark Knight
moseslmpg;275294 said:
I don't think crystallized demon souls really fits with the style they are putting forth. The weapons will be either technological, or something to do with spray paint, since Dino is urban and hip.

*sigh*

You see this is why Im finding it so hard to like DmC.

Nothing was wrong with how things were before.

And now this re-envisioning just threatens to take away things that made DMC great.

So rather than being rewarded with sweet exhibition of the newly acquired weaponry, like you say moses we could potentially get something really dull and stupid, I can just imagine a beam katana being put in there for lulz now.

Cuervo

We know next to nothing about weaponry in DmC, so this is all speculation.

Or moses knows something that we don't.

moseslmpg

Of course it is speculation, but it isn't baseless. I'm using the trailer to extrapolate. His weapon appears more technological than magical. The enemies look like robots. There are not traditional demonic elements shown, and honestly, if they want to make the game more realistic, taking out the part where you get ice nunchucks from a demon dog spirit makes sense.

My prediction is the weapons will not be like traditional DAs.

Tekken Force

if they want to make the game more realistic, taking out the part where you get ice nunchucks from a demon dog spirit makes sense.
I really liked that scene...progressing through the game and adding to your repertoire of mystical/elemental powers was very satisfying. But I digress.

TBH the apparent remaking of the ebony and ivory is hurting me the most. Or maybe this is just set before he makes those guns or something.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
moseslmpg;275305 said:
Of course it is speculation, but it isn't baseless. I'm using the trailer to extrapolate. His weapon appears more technological than magical. The enemies look like robots. There are not traditional demonic elements shown, and honestly, if they want to make the game more realistic, taking out the part where you get ice nunchucks from a demon dog spirit makes sense.

My prediction is the weapons will not be like traditional DAs.

I sriusly doubt that the sword he uses to throw the car at the White Demons(thats how i will call the marrionayes) is tecnological you see.

By gross has it sounds the sword doesnt extends, actually the blade of the sword transforms into tentacles and then it makes a blade again.

moseslmpg

The sword looks way more technological than magical. It looks like a piece of equipment, maybe nano-metal or something that can reform itself. It doesn't appear particularly demonic.

It also appears to make revving sounds when he swings it, just like the red queen, which I will remind you was not a DA.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
they can re-envision the dmc universe but i dont want them to change the tone from supernatural to hardcore sci-fi and i draw the line with aliens and demons cohabitating the same universe cause that gets too messy.
im sure firearms are in it
and devil arms might not have that big a role since he might not know off them.

Mr Anderson

gun slinging sword master
i think DAs are realistic for the series i mean what do you mean by more technological that they arent in ancient demon places that doesnt mean a thing plus replacing demons and robots is just wrong IMO and ebony and ivory change did hurt unless as was already said he hadnt had them made yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom