• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Demon origin names

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
I've already read most of that stuff on wiki and crap i want to read the whole book. i will check to see if they have it at the library but i still want to own it

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
The Da3dra;128730 said:
I've already read most of that stuff on wiki and crap i want to read the whole book. i will check to see if they have it at the library but i still want to own it

The book is hella hard to understand due to it being in Old English and it's in Latin don't forget. Look for a translation if they have it.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
in a public library they probably have translated and non translated copies and as for old english during my senior year of english (which is actually world literature instead of like grammar and stuff like that) we actually had to study old english and write a paper using it so i think i'll be alright. ;) but who knows i could be rusty lol :lol:

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Heh, heres another fact although not related too much to the demon origins.
Dante had "unrequited love" for Beatrice, which is exactly or very simular to Nero and Kyrie along with it being secrective which is what Nero/Kyrie done with Credo, description from Wiki:

"Unrequited love is love that is not openly reciprocated, even though reciprocation is usually deeply desired. The beloved may not even be aware of their admirer's deep affections. This can lead to feelings such as depression, low self-esteem, anxiety, and rapid mood swings between depression and euphoria. Being such a universal feeling, it has naturally been a frequent subject in popular culture. Despite the case of the beloved not knowing their admirer's deep affections, it is common that the subject of unrequited love is a close friend.

That description sums it up.
Anyways back on topic.

Saix

Devil's Advocate
I've read almost 1/4 of the Devine Comedy and its SOOOO HARD... try and find a high school/collage version with a translation. My sis had a version with an explanation of every page.

Most of the names from DMC2 are made up without any history...

Arius - means 'like war'
Trismagia - Three (tri) magic? (magia)??? i dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom