• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Debating thread

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
In this thread there will be a 'subject of the week'

I will edit this post to show the title, or topic

This week

Maddie, a lost cause or should we still hunt?

PLEASE READ
vvvvvvvvvv

In this thread there will be:

NO FLAMING!!!

calm discussions

Once the discussion has changed it will be dropped, if you want to continue, you can talk about it somewhere else

I will be accepting ideas from others an i will pick the one that i think seems the most interesting

if i have missed anything please let me know and i will edit things

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
No.

The team mate was obviously ****in' around and needed to be delt with.

A.K.A
An ass whoopin'.^_^

Saix

Devil's Advocate
Whoa... i think i can see this one closed in the near future...

I dunno the team but it would depend on the attack and the players. I'll have to look up what you're talking about... maybe a link?

If its the lead goal kicker, touch down taker or what ever footy you're talking about. YES, its right to keep him, for the safety of the grand final

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
I think it would be right to ban him for 12 games, mainly because he's attacking is own teammate?....sure i can understand if the guys was being a total jerk but still....maybe that guy has some anger issues he must Work Out!

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Saix;122750 said:
Whoa... i think i can see this one closed in the near future...
i know, im trying to prevent it as much as possible. I will bring in some extra help when it is needed

here the story is
Joey Barton's future at Newcastle United appears likely to remain unresolved until early July. Although Kevin Keegan is understood to be anxious to stand by the midfielder, who received a six-month jail sentence for assault and affray yesterday, it is the outcome of a subsequent case that could well determine whether Newcastle decide to either keep faith with the player or terminate his contract.

Barton is due to stand trial in Manchester on June 30 on a separate charge, the alleged assault of his former Manchester City team-mate Ousmane Dabo a year ago, to which he pleads "not guilty", and much depends on the verdict.

Newcastle issued a statement last night which suggested that various options are being contemplated by Chris Mort, the club's chairman, and Mike Ashley, the owner. "Newcastle United notes the sentence passed to Joey Barton at Liverpool crown court," it read. "The club is considering the verdict and will be making no further comment at this moment."

Even so, Keegan, who appeared as a character witness in support of Barton yesterday, has spoken of the "unequivocal support" he intends to offer a player he first worked with when Manchester City's manager. Privately though Ashley and Mort may have cause to regret allowing Newcastle's former manager, Sam Allardyce, to sign Barton for £5.8m from City last summer on a five-year deal and a weekly salary understood to be £60,000.

As Barton will be unable to fulfil his contract with Newcastle this summer the club can terminate it on the grounds that the agreement has been "frustrated" but with the 25-year-old having recently been receiving treatment from the Sporting Chance Clinic and pledging to turn over a new leaf this course of action seems likely, for the moment at least, to be resisted.

Gordon Taylor, the PFA chief executive, said: "Whether he has a future at Newcastle will be a decision for the club. He's come from a difficult background and had a history of troubles. We've tried to help and will continue to try to help. But no footballer is above the law of the land."

But if its wrong why, if its the right thing, how come?

Keaton

Premium
Curious thread Vaux, I am in favor of this living providing it keeps to the rules ;)

Personally on this issue, I feel the ban is certanly justified.
Afterall, football is a game and therefore any violence should be approached with zero-tolerance to keep the game beautiful.

However, should this have been an act of passion the player should still keep their job (provided the offence was minor ie. a push), but when they return a one-stike policy would mean that if he commits an offense again...they are dropped.

Football, alike all sports, are all highly aggresive and passionate games, and therfore acts like this will occur alot. But, allowing violence into these elements of society is the wrong way to apporach it, afterall the game should be about uniting people under a common love...not causing riots and violence because of competition.

Thats my two-cents anyway ^__^

+rep Vaux

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Sack him - if he can't keep his temper in any other job he'd be sacked so why give him a mere suspension from a game of all things? I don't care if tensions run high when it comes to football - lots of jobs are stressful (and far more difficult than kicking a ball around) so if he can't keep it under wraps and deal with things within the law then he doesn't deserve the ridiculous salary or the privilege of being part of team.

On a side note - £60,000 per week?? Who the hell can justify that particularly with so many people doing REAL jobs hardly able to make ends meet? I mean, I'm awesome at Monopoly but you don't see me getting paid a million quid a year...

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Not being funny, but if I went into work one day and kicked the crap out of the person next to me for whatever reason, I'd be sacked on the spot and no doubt prosecuted. Or if I was arrested and jailed outside of the workplace for a similar offence in a pub, for example, I'd probably be sacked too.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
I think that he has been prison several times, and his brother is a convicted murderer(though this might not have any influence) so crime might run in the family, but i wish that he would get a good long sentence.

BTW these topics are coming from my tutor time in school, and if we dont get one, then i will try and find one.
Keep the opinions coming =]

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
His family connections should not (and most likely would not) be held against him as they are not his responsibility but if he has a history of criminal behaviour then giving him the position of a football hero is wrong and he ought to be rehabilitated like any other criminal before returning to civilised, productive society.

He kicks a ball. That is all he does for a living. In prison, he might actually learn to do something useful with his time and come out able to benefit society with new skills which will, in turn, boost the economy. Not being funny, but playing a bit of footie does not exactly keep Britain in the black...and the obscene salaries undermine the entire working population who actually EARN their wages as opposed to messing about on a pitch for 90 minutes...

Top Bottom