• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Death of Eva & Corruption of Vergil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariakas

Devil Never Cry
Hey Everyone!! I was just wondering if anyone had any info on either of these. On devilmaycry.com if you click on DMC2 then on Dante it says "Responsible for the death of his mother and the corruption of his brother..." I was just wondering how is he responsible for either? Lol I guess I am just missing something, thanks for any help! :)

Keaton

Premium
Both of the events happened at a younger age for Dante and Virgil, demons attacked them and their mother died in the process, Virgil vanished and appeared years later somewhat darker.

I'm not sure on the whole 'Dante responsible' bit tbh though, that bit is news to me :)

Welcome to the forums btw :)

Sparda™

The death of Eva occurred sometime after Sparda's disappearance. The twins were somewhat 10-11 years old.

Vergil spent some time with Dante. It is presumed so, as in Devil May Cry 3, there are plenty of hints both of them have spent time together demon-hunting.

The corruption happened 2-3 years before Devil May Cry 3, I think.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Ariakas;101878 said:
Hey Everyone!! I was just wondering if anyone had any info on either of these. On devilmaycry.com if you click on DMC2 then on Dante it says "Responsible for the death of his mother and the corruption of his brother..." I was just wondering how is he responsible for either? Lol I guess I am just missing something, thanks for any help! :)
I remember reading somewhere that he feels that he was responsible for those events. Poor Dante, I could see why he would feel that way, but he needs to understand that it's not his fault.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
I think Dante's just mama's boy, although he would probably never admit and he would probably kill me for even suggesting it. Yet it's probably come up a few times in conversations with his brother. LOLZ

ksubzero

Actually I can't remember where I read this, I think it one of the Odon Comic, Virgil was jealous that Eva love Dante more than him. I think how Eva got killed she was lead into a Trap with Demons prepared by Virgil and Somehow Dante finds out. Dante turns against him is the reason Dante says "How about a kiss from this!" Pointing his gun at Virgil in DMC 3. As for Virgil Dark days, Way before DMC 3, Virgil ran off and he was drunk on the streets as a drifter. He was beaten up his face was busted up. He traveled trying to find out more about his father's past. At some point he find out about his Demon side as he grows older and somehow release it to heal up back his face 100%.

A THEORY: I believe somehow Virgil at some point was in Forturna where DMC 4 takes place to learn more about Sparda's Powers since they worshiped his father there and can transform into their Demon State. That how it explain how Nero was born.

Remember, it just a theory.

Niloufar

i just can't understand what exactly happened in their childhood! in anime it's shown that dante and eva lived alone for sometime, wandering from place to place to escape from demons seeking sparda's power in dante, :wacko: and vergil probably had left them before thato_O

V

Oldschool DMC fan
That's odd.... maybe it's a misprint or a misinterpretation of something. How could Dante be responsible for his brother's personal choices, or his mothers death if he was only 11-10 years old at the time she died?

It'd be a bit unfair to suggest Eva's sacrificing herself to save Dante was Dante's fault, or that Vergil was corrupted because Dante stopped him from obtaining the power he wanted.

There's hardly any info on the twin's past, but the manga suggests Eva told Dante to hide while demons attacked, and it suggests Vergil put up a fight instead but in no way does it suggest Dante caused either of these things. I don't know about Eva, but doesn't Dante even try to talk Vergil out of his power hunting a few times? He's really not responsible for either, from what I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom