• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dead Space [Discussion]

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Keaton;148992 said:
I agree its a toughie, I'd like to know if it is canon because Nicole is in it (clearly)...

...and shes alive in the anime, so unless the video you unlock at the end of her own dimise is set AFTER the events of Downfall, it gives us suitable reasoning that the video is actually fake and she is alive...

Agreed.I hope Isaac and Nicole will be in the sequel,but I found something disturbing in WIkipedia...

Nicole's fate is no more fully explained beyond Kendra's assertions that she is in fact dead, although if one takes the first letter of the title of every chapter (in sequence), it spells "Nicole is dead", implying that she was either a corpse on the Ishimura, or has become a Necromorph. Isaac's fate is deliberately left ambiguous; the implication that Nicole was dead before his arrival suggests that the Nicole-Necromorph which attacks him could be either a hallucination or an infected Nicole who followed him on to the shuttle. No word has yet been given on whether the fate of Isaac or Nicole will be explained in any further Dead Space media. (From Wikipedia.)

I was quite surprised,but I found it is true.haha.But i really hope Nicole is alive...

Keaton

Premium
Chaos Master;148993 said:
Agreed.I hope Isaac and Nicole will be in the sequel,but I found something disturbing in WIkipedia...

Nicole's fate is no more fully explained beyond Kendra's assertions that she is in fact dead, although if one takes the first letter of the title of every chapter (in sequence), it spells "Nicole is dead", implying that she was either a corpse on the Ishimura, or has become a Necromorph. Isaac's fate is deliberately left ambiguous; the implication that Nicole was dead before his arrival suggests that the Nicole-Necromorph which attacks him could be either a hallucination or an infected Nicole who followed him on to the shuttle. No word has yet been given on whether the fate of Isaac or Nicole will be explained in any further Dead Space media. (From Wikipedia.)

I was quite surprised,but I found it is true.haha.But i really hope Nicole is alive...

What I think is...

The Nicole you see INPERSON is real, suffering from the Hive Minds manipulation inorder for Issac to return the Marker...when you see her on video screens etc thats a hallucination. I think that when Nicole vanishes on the last level it is because she sees Kendra and knows that she would be killed by her if she stayed...so she returns to the ship.

At this point, the marker has been pulled away from its official resting place infurating the Hive mind and thus forcing it to twist Nicoles psyche as she returns to the safety of the ship.

When Issac destorys the hive mind all Necro's are dead (because they are all connected), but because Nicole is only mad...not a Necro when she attacks, she was not destoryed...thus leaving the possiblilty that Issac could resstrain her until the Hive Minds psychic-convulsions cease and release her.

What I noticed after pausing the ending scene on YouTube (which supports my theory), is that Nicole shows NO signs of being a Necro...only white eyes, which can be explained by the temp. insanity...her teeth are regular, skin the same, no claws or fangs either. Thus suggesting that it is only a mental distortion...following the Hive's defeat.

What do you think of my crazy theory :D
Its driving me mad lol

Sparda™

Dead Space is OK. I played It at a friend's at It was OK.

I still prefer Half-Life as a action/horror/sci-fi favorite. It's the best game ever in that department.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Keaton;149002 said:
What I think is...

The Nicole you see INPERSON is real, suffering from the Hive Minds manipulation inorder for Issac to return the Marker...when you see her on video screens etc thats a hallucination. I think that when Nicole vanishes on the last level it is because she sees Kendra and knows that she would be killed by her if she stayed...so she returns to the ship.

At this point, the marker has been pulled away from its official resting place infurating the Hive mind and thus forcing it to twist Nicoles psyche as she returns to the safety of the ship.

When Issac destorys the hive mind all Necro's are dead (because they are all connected), but because Nicole is only mad...not a Necro when she attacks, she was not destoryed...thus leaving the possiblilty that Issac could resstrain her until the Hive Minds psychic-convulsions cease and release her.

What I noticed after pausing the ending scene on YouTube (which supports my theory), is that Nicole shows NO signs of being a Necro...only white eyes, which can be explained by the temp. insanity...her teeth are regular, skin the same, no claws or fangs either. Thus suggesting that it is only a mental distortion...following the Hive's defeat.

What do you think of my crazy theory :D
Its driving me mad lol

Haha,your theory is great.Hope she is still alive.I want Isaacs to return in Dead Space 2.Without him,the game is not a Dead Space game.:)

Keaton

Premium
^I agree, although his fate is still up for debate :)

This is one of the few games that I enjoy Achievement Hunting on, some games make the process tedious whereas Dead Space is quite fun...I'm looking forward to the Plasma Cutter only playthough :D

Top Bottom