• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dead Space [Discussion]

Keaton

Premium
First of all I just wanted to say, that after beating the main story for the first time that I am throughly impressed with the game, it is a fantastic Sci-Fi/Horror, with inspired controls (*caugh* Resi4 *caugh*), breathtaking scenery and terrifying enemies.

I highly reccomend it to anyone who enjoys a good scary game :D

Now, any players here? Anyone beaten the main story...because, damn, I am desperate to discuss my theories on it all :D

Dead Space (Wikipedia)
Dead Space Wikia

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
I want this so-****ing-bad I don't know what to do.

I need a game to truly test my skills and make me afraid.
I want that thrill once more.
RE4 supplied that Keaton! Does dead space?!

Is it pure win that sucked on the breast of Athena as it bathed in pure gold?!

I must play this! But I haven't gotten another job yet! C'mon dude, can't someone just send me 60 bucks?! Yeah, I know thats not gonna happen...

Give it to me Keaton...
Tell me every detail; every room; every noise, monster, and scenario!
Make me play the game but never touch it!
I can recite to you Resident Evil 4 room-to-room at the drop of a hat!
Do it for me Keaton!

*Fixes tie*

Excuse me, I have to change my pants.

Keaton

Premium
BringerOfChaos;148757 said:
I want this so-****ing-bad I don't know what to do.

I need a game to truly test my skills and make me afraid.
I want that thrill once more.
RE4 supplied that Keaton! Does dead space?!

Is it pure win that sucked on the breast of Athena as it bathed in pure gold?!

I must play this! But I haven't gotten another job yet! C'mon dude, can't someone just send me 60 bucks?! Yeah, I know thats not gonna happen...

Give it to me Keaton...
Tell me every detail; every room; every noise, monster, and scenario!
Make me play the game but never touch it!
I can recite to you Resident Evil 4 room-to-room at the drop of a hat!
Do it for me Keaton!

*Fixes tie*

Excuse me, I have to change my pants.

Lol, I'll do my best **some minor plot spoilers** ;)

Dead Space is set on an a large isolated mining ship named the Ishimura in the middle of a barren sector of the galaxy. You are Issac, an engineer sent (along with a small crew) to the Isimura to fix (what seems to be) a total communications black-out on board. The ship is a large mining ship that is designed to literally take a chunk out of the planet to allow its depths to be mined for valuable minerals.

DS_PlanetCracker.jpg

But unbenown to Issac and his own comrades; the crew of the Ishimura and the mining colony have suffered a horrific and enigmatic fate.

Issacs ship suffers a collision with some debris on its apprach to the vessel and they are forced to crash the ship into the main hangar (rather than actually landing safely), rendering your own ship useless.

Shortly after entering the ship, Issacs comrades notice that there is a mass absence in the crews' residents, and that there is an abundance of luggage sprawlled across the decks "looks like they were trying to leave in a hurry".

Issac enters a seperate room to adjust a security console, the lights flickering on and off, giving you precious seconds of light before extended moments of uneasy darkness, Issac uses the console to open the locked doors that stand in their way, when suddenly the quarantine alerts sound and the room is sealed, Issac is now seperated from his crew and can only watch as monsters drop from ventillation panels in the celing above them and begin to attack the defenceless, unarmed prey.

Issac, unable to do anything at this point, can only watch in horror as his friends are attacked, but as you feel thankful that you are sealed away, the vent above your own head bursts open and a twisted monstrosity lands before you with no less than murderous intent in its eyes.

A surviving, struggling teammate screams run, and thats all you can do...with no weapon you don't even have a last resort melee attack to rely on and the only option available is to turn tail and run from the creature.

The corridors are poorly lit, and although you want to stop and examine every inch of to before proceeding, the twisted cries of the monster force you onwards irreguardless of your friends and curiosity. Salvation lies in an old service elevator at the end of the walkway, as you enter and swiftly press the 'down' button your stalker launches itself through the doors fighting to land a single slash upon you before the doors slam shut reducing your enemy into two.

^Thats pretty much the first 5 mins, and it only gets worse lol :D

The first five chapters are the most intimidating, weapons are tough to upgrade and your inventory space is limited, as you get towards the end the horror isnt a prominant and becomes alot easier to 'deal with', but it still catches you off guard.

The game is filled with so many anti-climatic scenes, ie. you walk into a public restroom, no lights and messages spralled in blood across the walls, corpses line your walkway and you ensure to remove all their limbs just incase they decide to 'wake' up later on.

But, by far the WORST enemy is the 'Hunter', simalar to the Regenerators and Tyrants, this monster cannot be killed by your weapons and after a few short seconds it regenerates any lost limb -- but unlike RE4 Regenerators it will happy RUN at you, attack you alongside regular enemies and on the first occassion you are locked in a tiny room with it O_O!!

Its a great game and where Resi is becoming more Action based rather than Horror its refreshing to play...plus decapiting enemies in Zero-G is very fun :D

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dead Space is a great game.Played it a lot times.The soundtrack is great.:)

Sadly,I don;t have PS3 anymore,so I can;t play the sequel if it ever comes out...:(

Keaton

Premium
^I hope for a sequel, but the ending was enigmatic and due to the maddening nature of the game (attempting to decipher reality from illusion) its hard to actually tell what REALLY happened at the end...

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Keaton;148775 said:
^I hope for a sequel, but the ending was enigmatic and due to the maddening nature of the game (attempting to decipher reality from illusion) its hard to actually tell what REALLY happened at the end...

yeah.Lately,third person shooter games are getting better and better.Hope this will continue in the future.

Yeah,I have three wallpapers that you may like,but I think you have them already.Isaac looks cool.Necromorphs scared the hell out of me like the zombies in Resident Evil games.The third wallpaper freaks me out.:)

EDIT: Sorry,I have one more wallpaper.haha.

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
I played it, but since the controls were really messed up for the PC, i just couldnt get used to them, so i quit.
All in all, the game engine was really stable and nicely optimized, i like that. The story was good even at the beginning and i got carried away by it, but not for long due to he controls. I give it a 8/10 rate of mine, it`s definatly worth playing.

Keaton

Premium
^^@Chaos, +rep to you, I only had the second one -- and your right, the third is freaky! :O

^@DeviRyuuD, I have the 360 version and although the controls were odd at first its a very low learning curve to pick them up -- yet, unlearning the Headshot was a challenge ^__^

Keaton

Premium
^Woa, thats a great one ^__^

+rep, I hope to be starting a second playthrough tonight :D

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Keaton;148785 said:
^Woa, thats a great one ^__^

+rep, I hope to be starting a second playthrough tonight :D

Thanks for the rep again.haha.

I hope the sequel of Dead Space will much more epic and better.:)

Keaton

Premium
^I agree, it was epic when it was set on an empty space ship...imagine what it would be like if you were there as the Necromorphs took hold of a populated human colony :O

BTW, have you seen "Dead Space - Downfall", the anime prequel?
Its a good anime although there are some continuity errors imo.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
I played the beginning at gamespot... And when I had to go I swear one tear
came from my eye.

Incredible game, but not as scary as everyone makes it out to be. I only got a little ways in but the only thing that scared me was when things jumped out really fast or twitched in a odd way.

I'd say from playing only that much it is the best game I've played on the 360 yet.

Keaton

Premium
BringerOfChaos;148958 said:
I played the beginning at gamespot... And when I had to go I swear one tear
came from my eye.

Incredible game, but not as scary as everyone makes it out to be. I only got a little ways in but the only thing that scared me was when things jumped out really fast or twitched in a odd way.

I'd say from playing only that much it is the best game I've played on the 360 yet.

When I start playing a Horror game, there is always this feeling that I will get a little way in and just stop for fear lol, but this game although scary, is more jumpy and tense than just downrightterrifying ;)

Still an awesome game I agree :D

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
Trust me Bringer when your playing this game on a 40 inch LCD screen, while having the volume on your surround sound stereo all the way up in the dark, you might not get scared, but I guarantee your heart will be pounding lol

This game is freaking awesome. I'm working on my second play through on the hard difficulty.

Keaton

Premium
MochaCub;148965 said:
Trust me Bringer when your playing this game on a 40 inch LCD screen, while having the volume on your surround sound stereo all the way up in the dark, you might not get scared, but I guarantee your heart will be pounding lol

This game is freaking awesome. I'm working on my second play through on the hard difficulty.

Heyhey another Dead Space fan :D
I'm starting my second one tonight, hoping to purcase the Military Suit so I can hit Impossible Mode prepared :D

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Keaton;148956 said:
^I agree, it was epic when it was set on an empty space ship...imagine what it would be like if you were there as the Necromorphs took hold of a populated human colony :O

BTW, have you seen "Dead Space - Downfall", the anime prequel?
Its a good anime although there are some continuity errors imo.

Yeah,it was a great movie.Too bad Downfall has some storyline errors... It has the potential to be a great animated movie.:)

That will be scary...:O If Earth is invaded by Necromorphs... I don't want to think about that... Oh well,at least we can have the chance to shoot some Necromorph's head.Haha.

To tell you the truth,if I must choose between zombies in Resident Evil and Necromorphs in Dead Space destroy the Earth, I rather face Necromorphs than zombies in Resident Evil series because zombies are freaking scary...

Keaton

Premium
The biggest continuity error I found was when a crew member announced that ALL escape pods were launched empty, which isn't correct because your ally locks a Necro in a pod and...

...it is jettisoned and retrived by the second ship that is then taken over by Necros'

Also...did you notice how the Anime 'Red Marker' and the in-game one are completly different in size...the in-game one is about 10ft tall...whereas the anime is closer to 40 or 50 ft O_O!

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Keaton;148987 said:
The biggest continuity error I found was when a crew member announced that ALL escape pods were launched empty, which isn't correct because your ally locks a Necro in a pod and...

...it is jettisoned and retrived by the second ship that is then taken over by Necros'

Also...did you notice how the Anime 'Red Marker' and the in-game one are completly different in size...the in-game one is about 10ft tall...whereas the anime is closer to 40 or 50 ft O_O!

Yeah... If the Red Marker's size difference in the anime and the game is ten feet then it's ok... But the difference is 30 feet.Which is a very noticeable mistake.And the escape pod part is weird,since there is one pod is occupied by 'it'.

I don;t know if Deadfall should be counted canon or non-canon.But for now,I considered it semi canon because some parts in the anime is true while other part are not.

Keaton

Premium
Chaos Master;148988 said:
Yeah... If the Red Marker's size difference in the anime and the game is ten feet then it's ok... But the difference is 30 feet.Which is a very noticeable mistake.And the escape pod part is weird,since there is one pod is occupied by 'it'.

I don;t know if Deadfall should be counted canon or non-canon.But for now,I considered it semi canon because some parts in the anime is true while other part are not.

I agree its a toughie, I'd like to know if it is canon because Nicole is in it (clearly)...

...and shes alive in the anime, so unless the video you unlock at the end of her own dimise is set AFTER the events of Downfall, it gives us suitable reasoning that the video is actually fake and she is alive...

Top Bottom