• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dead Space 2 (Discussion + Information)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
81376200912132219200big.jpg

It is the sequel for the original Dead Space, and possibly Dead Space: Extraction. The game will feature Isaac Clarke as the protagonist, who is a survivor from the USG Ishimura Necromorph Infection. This game will take place three years after the first game, and Isaac will start his adventures in a Space Station called Sprawl.

Several screenshots for the game:

deadspace2dec2206noscal.jpg

Isaac looks cool in his new RIG unit.

deadspace2dec2203noscal.jpg

Isaac is busting up a Necromorph kid. What the hell!?

deadspace2dec2201noscal.jpg

Isaac's Stasis module and health display on RIG are back, ensuring the survival-horror experience to the max. Cool, killing new Necromorphs will be fun.

Here are several confirmed information for this game:

1. Plasma Cutter will return as Isaac's iconic weapon, along with new weapon called Javelin Gun and other new weapons.

2. The game will feature online multiplayer.

3. Isaac will have more dialogues, compared to the first game. (if there is any in the first game...)

4. Nicole's status as whether she is really dead or alive will be clear in this game, although it is very likely that she is already dead in the first game, but it is debatable.

5. Gabe Weller, Nathan McNeill, and Lexine Murdoch from Dead Space: Extraction may return in this game and may meet Isaac in Sprawl.

6. The game takes place three years after the events of Dead Space and Dead Space: Extraction plus Dead Space: Downfall.

The game will be released in PS3, PC and XBox 360 in 2010.

At last, a Dead Space sequel! One of the game sequels I am waiting will arrive soon, next to Assasin's Creed III, Devil May Cry 5 and Final Fantasy XIII. Hopefully, I can withstand the new suspense in this upcoming game, cause last time I played Dead Space on PS3, I had nearly a heart attack and got scared, not to mention my friends who are playing with me, they scared the hell out of their heads, and they are all guys who are same age with me. The recent playthrough of the game on XBox 360 made me scared again, and I had to bring a girl to play with me. She cried when one scary Necromorph appears, so I stopped playing it while she is there. I regretted bringing her to my house just so that I can play the game without fearing alone, but she is cool with it. I played alone and I cleared the game just a few hours ago. I kinda have a weak heart towards this horror stuff, but the irony is I enjoyed playing them.

Either way, let us discuss about this upcoming game and mysteries from the previous games or anything related to Dead Space series.:)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh... My... God! Isaac's new RIG is badass, and this Javelin Gun sounds cool. But killing Necromorph children? The USRB's gonna have a field day with this one...

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
From what i have heard, it is based on the film Event Horizon (or it takes bits from the film).
I've also heard the games are dead scary!

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Vergil'sB*tch;196042 said:
From what i have heard, it is based on the film Event Horizon (or it takes bits from the film).

They ARE scary, but not on the same level as Resi 1 2 or 3. THOSE are scary...

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
Nice nice. The first one kicked @ss hard! I'm definitely looking forward to the second one. I'll be giving my input after I pick up the new Game Informer from work.

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
Awesome news, thanks for posting. I was never sure if a sequel was confirmed or not but I always had a feeling they would bring out a new one mainly due to the success of the original.

As it's been stated in this thread the first game was kick ass, and seeing this thread and hearing about all this makes me want to play the first one again. Which I think I will do tonight, and finally finish impossible mode.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Vergil'sB*tch;196042 said:

The first Dead Space was so based on Event Horizon that it basically copy/pasted the scene, plot and setting. :lol:

That doesn't mean it wasn't a good game however, it was awesome and I loved every minute of it, a second would only be more awesome. Though I'd heard Issac wasn't the protagonist, only as an NPC.

Zato-OW

King
Oh man I can't wait for this game. This was one of the best game I have ever played. Well Dead Space 1.

Sparda™

Meh, played a bit of the first game and read the storyline details.

Half-Life is more entertaining than this, and 100% original.

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
Sparda™;196078 said:
Meh, played a bit of the first game and read the storyline details.

Half-Life is more entertaining than this, and 100% original.
Comparing two completely different games.

Am I the only one who thinks Half Life is over rated? Don't get me wrong it's a good game, but it seems everyone else who plays this praises it more than I personally think it deserves.

Could just be me though.

Sparda™

VeNGeD;196087 said:
Comparing two completely different games.

Am I the only one who thinks Half Life is over rated? Don't get me wrong it's a good game, but it seems everyone else who plays this praises it more than I personally think it deserves.

Could just be me though.

Dead Space has someone which has absolutely nothing to do with combat skills, an engineer, exactly as Half-Life has someone as a Ph.D. 26 years-old guy. They both carry typical powersuits, and they're both virtually mute - except Half-Life introduced this kind of character first back in 1998.

I wouldn't call a revolutionary game such as Half-Life overrated.

Could just be me though.

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
Sparda™;196088 said:
Dead Space has someone which has absolutely nothing to do with combat skills, an engineer, exactly as Half-Life has someone as a Ph.D. 26 years-old guy. They both carry typical powersuits, and they're both virtually mute - except Half-Life introduced this kind of character first back in 1998.

I wouldn't call a revolutionary game such as Half-Life overrated.

Could just be me though.
I was talking about gameplay, they are very similar in that sense I suppose. Again, I did enjoy playing Half Life though I personally don't think it's the best thing ever made.

Sparda™

VeNGeD;196089 said:
I was talking about gameplay, they are very similar in that sense I suppose. Again, I did enjoy playing Half Life though I personally don't think it's the best thing ever made.

I just extracted the main thing Dead Space was inspired to create his character from. Nothing more, nothing less.

Never said HL is the best game ever made, but I'd put It among the top 5 game series ever made.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
No arguing, please? This is supposed to be about Dead Space 2, not if it's better than Half-Life or not.

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
DreadnoughtDT;196093 said:
No arguing, please? This is supposed to be about Dead Space 2, not if it's better than Half-Life or not.
It was merely a discussion, not an arguement.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
True. Carry on then. I just REALLY hate it when people start fighting. It's never fun... I got kicked off of a Gradius forum for participating in a HUGE argument, so now I have this kind of phobia of online arguments... I know you guys actually mean well, it's just... well, yeah. Not good for my mind.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
^ I read it through, and I like what I see! Isaac's new RIG looks really cool. Sleeker, and more... What's the word? Form-fitting? Whatever. Thing is, I really like it. I think I'm gonna puke if I see that innards monster leap out at me though... I have one of those upside-down stomach valves, so if I get scared (It takes quite a bit though.) I puke... Good think I'm not scared easily.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
DreadnoughtDT;196264 said:
^ I read it through, and I like what I see! Isaac's new RIG looks really cool. Sleeker, and more... What's the word? Form-fitting? Whatever. Thing is, I really like it. I think I'm gonna puke if I see that innards monster leap out at me though... I have one of those upside-down stomach valves, so if I get scared (It takes quite a bit though.) I puke... Good think I'm not scared easily.

Yeah, Isaac's new RIG looks more sleek and cooler than his old RIG unit. It seems to me that his new RIG unit is designed for combat, in my opinion. Probably he went to military training or something, or he joined the army:)

Top Bottom