• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Darkstalkers - reboot it!

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Does anyone wish Darkstalkers should come back someday? Cause it sure needs a better story and a lot of characters.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
Rebooting it now would feel pointless as it only has 2 games plus what's so bad that it needs to start over?

I do want it to return tho so here to a next Gen comeback

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I have no idea about this game so I just googled it and apparently there are 7 games in the franchise. The last one having been made in 2013. So I don't see a reboot as something that would be necessary.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
1. It doesn't need better story
2. New Darkstalkers would be great
3. Darkstalkers is dead, thanks to Capcom's rebooting fever.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm a lil' confused =/

Darkstalkers is this right? - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkstalkers

There's 7 games. The last one was made in 2013. Apparently it's the same story for Darkstalkers as it is for Devil May Cry. Darkstalkers Resurrection was a test to see the audience's response. It didn't sell as well as they had hoped.

What's up with Capcom and all of this "testing people's interest"? =|

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I'm a lil' confused =/

Darkstalkers is this right? - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkstalkers

There's 7 games. The last one was made in 2013. Apparently it's the same story for Darkstalkers as it is for Devil May Cry. Darkstalkers Resurrection was a test to see the audience's response. It didn't sell as well as they had hoped.

Irony is that Darkstalkers Resurrection is basically Rererelease of the same game and basically Hd port of Chaos Tower which in return was portable port of Darkstalkers 3. So if frankly speaking there is only 3 games ever made.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
Oh snap I misread the title and thought he said darksiders :':)banghead::eek::facepalm:.

Thing is it has lots of characters and story wise it ended in an interesting place so I'm sure you could find somewhere to go with it currently.

Hell one of the endings had Dante appear to fight one of the villains so there's that too. If you can't make something cool out of that then you need to hang up your typewriter.

Look I have not gotten into Darkstalkers so @Ronin what's wrong with the story of Darkstalkers that it's need to be rebooted?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Oh snap I misread the title and thought he said darksiders :':)banghead::eek::facepalm:.

Thing is it has lots of characters and story wise it ended in an interesting place so I'm sure you could find somewhere to go with it currently.

Hell one of the endings had Dante appear to fight one of the villains so there's that too. If you can't make something cool out of that then you need to hang up your typewriter.

Look I have not gotten into Darkstalkers so @Ronin what's wrong with the story of Darkstalkers that it's need to be rebooted?

Well Zig, I guess character development. Seeing Lord Raptor in British rockstar clothing, I mean it looked like he's from the modern century somewhere.

They should fix the story. Like take place in the old times and to the modern century.

If there is ANY WAY to make a crossover between that and Street Fighter someday.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How about a new hero then? We know we got a dhampir like Donovan Baine as a half-breed, but....

Inspired by Underworld, I would think of a vaewolf (vampire-lycan hybrid). Outside of the Maximoff family and probably with a lycan that isn't Jon Talbain.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Would be cool if they add some more original creatures. They pretty much added all classic ones (Franky, Mummy, Vampires, Succubus, Werevolw, etc etc etc) We need some new creatures. Like Jedah was.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
Well Zig, I guess character development. Seeing Lord Raptor in British rockstar clothing, I mean it looked like he's from the modern century somewhere.

They should fix the story. Like take place in the old times and to the modern century.

If there is ANY WAY to make a crossover between that and Street Fighter someday.
That's more character design than character development which is more how a character interacts or how a character is used in a story.

If you want a street fighter cross Darkstalkers then just do it.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Does anyone wish Darkstalkers should come back someday? Cause it sure needs a better story
100.gif
Um...do I have to be the guy who says "WHAT story?" Seriously, this ain't SoulCalibur, where the lore and narrative behind the characters actually AMOUNT to something, like a sensible ending...the mythos in Darkstalkers has NEVER been made with the intent of making sense, or being anything other than an excuse to round up an exotic or colorful roster of characters.

Hell, even SNK takes their fighting games more seriously than Darkstalkers takes itself---and keep in mind, SNK has fighting games where an American Shinobi uses a dog as a weapon in Feudal Japan, and a warrior girl originaites from a clan that intentionally wears skimpy clothes to "tactically distract" the enemy.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
If somebody clueless about story there is pretty good anime, that summarises first part of the story in Darkstalkers.
That aside there is prequel udon comics that pretty much adding background to most of characters.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
It's not just them -- a lot of companies do it.

In fact, a lot of the people who had asked for the Scott Pilgrim movie never went to actually see it. That's what I can't stand about some fanbases out there -- sometimes they just don't support their films or games financially when it's go time.

So in the end, I can't really blame any of these businesses for testing the waters or asking fans to support them through kickstarter. It was bound to happen eventually.

-------------------

Back on-topic: Maybe a cheap, portable 3DS game with the same gameplay as DMC3 would generate some interest...

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
There is no justification of using rereleased port stripped of the features and use it as argument for poor sales

Top Bottom