• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Darksiders: War vs Death

War or Death

• War

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Death

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Both equally

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • The both suck

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
So in the video game, Darksiders, you play as the Horsemen of Apocalypse, War
War-darksiders-artwork-character.jpg

and in the sequel, Darksiders II, we play as War's brother, the Horsemen Death
death_darksiders_2_game-wide.jpg

So, being War and Death, they're naturally both pretty powerful (I think it's confirmed War has more raw strength, but Death is more powerful overall. Kinda like comparing The Frankenstein Monster, to Dracula, I could be mistaken)
But I'm simply asking, which do you like better.
Me personally, I like playing as Death more. Reason?.......Cause you're playing as Death himself, the Grim Reaper. "B@d@ss" doesn't even began to describe it.
What do you think?

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
It's really hard to choose between the two, I dare not even use their voice actors as factors considering both Liam O Brien and Michael Wincott did amazing jobs voicing them.

If I did have to pick, Death is overall the more interesting character. Just the very fact that he goes through plains of existence not for his own gain whatsoever, but he does all this for his brother, War. War just felt more like a warrior with not really much else. Death went through constant regret over slaying his former brothers, felt anger towards those who would try to stop him, felt concern for his brother, he was just a more fleshed out character as far as I'm concerned, albeit that how much of a f*cking errand boy he is really get's on my nerves but still as far as story goes, he was a more interesting character than War.

Also, let's not forget, Death managed to be badass enough to take on a full powered Samael.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Haven't played the games so for now I'll have to base my decision on look alone, and I like Death's design better than War's.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I think it would be a tie, I believe it was stated in the game or in the book that the riders are pretty much even in strenght once powered by the seal, without it, that's a different matter.

dreadnought_dante

And the brighter the flame, the deeper the shadow
Death...
Duh, he is death.

and i think they crossed swords once, in the comic. Death got stabbed and War lose one arms. Death won though.

and remember Death chose to save War against "THE WHOLE NEPHILIM" he was like "My brother war, i would protect him above al" that was awesome. i mean how much Death cares for his brothers and sister.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
The answer to this is kinda vague.

On one side, Death gets impaled through his chest by War. He doesn't even flinch and rips off the arm of War to teach him.

On the other side, in a completely different scenario, Death seeing War fight questions himself if he could beat him.

Considering both, I don't know who would win if they went all out. Still, I vote for Death because;
1. First scenario is hard to ignore.
2. Bias

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Isn't Darksiders a THQ property that didn't get sold in the acquisitions?
It was THQ's
It's now with Nordic Games as a Publisher. The new dev could be http://gunfiregames.com/
since they are made up of former Vigil Games members and worked on the re-release of Darksiders 2 for next gen.
Nordic Games already let it slide that there might be something in the works besides said rerelease. (I would need to google that first, I know it was some kind of press release).

Top Bottom