• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Darksiders continuing with Strife & Fury

DDutchguy

DmC hype
If a Darksiders 3 does ever come to pass, I'd be down with following either of those two, as long as the plot is not like Darksiders 2. 90% of the story feels like filler where Death goes around collecting stuff to move to the next world, after which he gets to another world where has to collect 3 of something to visit a king, after which the king tells him to find 3 dudes for him...

It was fun visiting all the different worlds, but plot-wise Darksiders 2 didn't have much going on, at least in my opinion. I doubt Darksiders 3 will ever be a thing because THQ has been bankrupt for a long time now, but if it does happen I'd like to see improvements on the plot.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
If a Darksiders 3 does ever come to pass, I'd be down with following either of those two, as long as the plot is not like Darksiders 2. 90% of the story feels like filler where Death goes around collecting stuff to move to the next world, after which he gets to another world where has to collect 3 of something to visit a king, after which the king tells him to find 3 dudes for him...

It was fun visiting all the different worlds, but plot-wise Darksiders 2 didn't have much going on, at least in my opinion. I doubt Darksiders 3 will ever be a thing because THQ has been bankrupt for a long time now, but if it does happen I'd like to see improvements on the plot.
The IP got picked up by Nordic games, which is now THQ Nordic. They gave us Darksiders Warmaster edition not too long ago, so clearly they care enough about the series to keep investing time and money into, so who knows? Maybe Darksiders 3 is right over the horizon

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
As Xeroxis said, Nordic Games acquired the Darksiders IP - as well as numerous other THQ IPs - after THQ went under.

Nordic has now rebranded themselves as THQ Nordic due to acquiring so many of THQ's IPs, and they've remastered the first two Darksiders games on current generation consoles.
(Deathinitive Edition of II, and recently the Warmastered Edition of the first game)

They've stated that they have every intention of making a Darksiders III, so it's only a matter of time.

As a fan of the games myself, I'm hoping and looking forward to a potential third installment.
If I'm remembering correctly, I recall them saying that they want all four horsemen to be playable in a potential third installment, however.

Last edited:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I've never played Darksiders for the story so much as the gameplay and fighting styles unique to each Horseman. I hope that Strife and Fury are unique and fun in their own way.

It's just a matter of who they decide to make the protagonist of the next game.

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
I just hope having all four playable won't make them feel individually shallow.

That's a concern of mine as well. I hope that they can make them interesting and fun to play as, and give us plenty of chances to play as each one.
(And obviously without throwing character development completely out of the window while they're at it)

Top Bottom