• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dark Souls 2 graphics downgrade claims addressed by developer

Dark Drakan

Admin
Untitled.jpg

Not something that personally bothers me all that much so long as a game plays and runs well but From Software have addressed claims that Dark Souls 2 received a graphics downgrade before release. Watch Dogs developer Ubisoft recently received barrage of abuse for 'misleading' gamers on the GFX of Watch Dogs and some had spotted that Dark Souls 2 had also altered quite a lot before release.​

Statement by From Software

Throughout the game development process, a game is constantly being balanced not only in game playability, but also in the realm of resource management. A developer is always challenged with creating the most rewarding gaming experience while delivering continuity in graphical quality, gameplay dynamics, and balance within the game. The final version of Dark Souls II displays the culmination of this delicate balance and we’re very proud of the positive media and fan reception for the game.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
I do get the sense that Dark Souls 2 is very contrastless sometimes, which doesn't help to produce a Dark Souls-like horror atmosphere. I hope the game will get better as you get farther into it. Guess I'll find out Friday, when I have actual time to play it.

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
A selected few of the developers usually show a graphically enhanced game on the first demo, so that it can look more appealing. I believe that's what Naughty Dog did with a certain Uncharted title. Either way, most of the time, the differences are gonna be minor and barely noticeable. That's not the case with Dark Souls II, but with a world so big and so detailed, I don't think anybody is gonna miss the graphics.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I thought graphically it looked decent, improvement on original for sure. There are big differences between how it looked in early footage & how it ended up though so can understand why fans wanted answers. However lots of games have overhauls like this for balance & system stability.

Top Bottom