• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's powerup

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
So apparently in the character file it says the qliphoth was not only pumping urizen full of power for a month but dante too? Who wasnt even connected to it in anyway. Why? Why add such a small detail that makes no sense

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Who wasnt even connected to it in anyway.

Yes he was. During his coma, he was laying on some Qliphoth formation that resembled little demonic hands holding him. Similarly to how Urizen did sitting in his throne, Dante was passively absorbing power from the tree while unconscious.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Yes he was. During his coma, he was laying on some Qliphoth formation that resembled little demonic hands holding him. Similarly to how Urizen did sitting in his throne, Dante was passively absorbing power from the tree while unconscious.
Forgot about that. But either way he wasn't connected to the tree as urizen literally needed to become a part of the tree with roots entagling his body for it to pump power to him. Dante on the other hand is just kinda there unconscious

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
But either way he wasn't connected to the tree as urizen literally needed to become a part of the tree with roots entagling his body for it to pump power to him.

I guess it's because Urizen did it on purpose. So he made sure to receive as much power as he could by attaching itself to the tree. We already know that the method Urizen used is not the only one to get power from the Qliphoth. Nidhogg for example does it through parasitic infection (which is different from Urizen's way cause Nidhogg physically needs the tree and can't leave it without dying, whereas Urizen can do whatever he wants). Dante apparently, through sheer luck and unbeknownst to him, found another one, entering his own state of temporary "symbiosis" with the tree, which kept him alive during the coma.

I don't even think it was a "powerup", just a life support.

Last edited:

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
I guess it's because Urizen did it on purpose. So he made sure to receive as much power as he could by attaching itself to the tree. We already know that the method Urizen used is not the only one to get power from the Qliphoth. Nidhogg for example does it through parasitic infection (which is different from Urizen's way cause Nidhogg physically needs the tree and can't leave it without dying, whereas Urizen can do whatever he wants). Dante apparently, through sheer luck and unbeknownst to him, found another one, entering his own state of temporary "symbiosis" with the tree, which kept him alive during the coma.

I don't even think it was a "powerup", just a life support.
Nope if you read nico' s description for long hair dante she said it was pumping jim full of power the whole month. Strangely enough she also implies this is why his hair grew. Didnt know demonic power came with a wicked mane

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Nope if you read nico' s description for long hair dante she said it was pumping jim full of power the whole month.

Yes I did read it. But I interpreted it as though the power served to keep him alive rather than make him more powerful. After all when he wakes up he doesn't seem any stronger than he already was before, his powerup and the reason why he managed to beat Urizen was Sin DT, not the Qliphoth.

Strangely enough she also implies this is why his hair grew.

Why strange? As long as your metabolism keeps going (in this case, maintained by the tree) and you don't have access to shaving tools you will grow hair. What's actually strange is that his beard should have been way longer than that after a whole month.

berto

I Saw the Devil
little demonic hands holding him.
I thought that was a statue.

Similarly to how Urizen did sitting in his throne
That's different. He was conducted to it with that large, pulsating trunk in the back and tentacles directly connected to him. His was a very direct connection to that blood line.

Dante apparently, through sheer luck and unbeknownst to him, found another one, entering his own state of temporary "symbiosis" with the tree, which kept him alive during the coma.
I don't think it was luck. I think it was the Sparda sword that did it. It's too coincidental to not be intentional.

Why strange? As long as your metabolism keeps going (in this case, maintained by the tree) and you don't have access to shaving tools you will grow hair.
Yes, but his beard only grew a little. Facial hair can grow faster than the hair on you head, but even if it was slower his beard should have grown an approximately similar length to his hair.

Didnt know demonic power came with a wicked mane
Hair growth is associated with vitality, youth or vigor. It's not literal as much as literary.

The thing that I raise my hand at over this is that the tree didn't eat Dante. If he was suckling off the tree it would've noticed and it would've tried to eat him. That's what it does.

Top Bottom