• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's Personality

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Dante Aseroth;77919 said:
I think I know what you mean, but the fight happened instantly after Arkham was defeated, and It was no room for a super show of power, like with Beowulf. The amulets were caught first, and then, Vergil got the Force Edge. I think the only visible augmentation of power in Vergil was the multiple Helm Breakers/Judgment Cuts, speed, strength and also some Stingers.

Let's not forget his regeneration thing while in DT form.

Perhaps we did not see his actual power because he was dead tired from running through the whole tower and battling Arkham as well?

About the gameplay things you mentioned, I don't believe them as much. For me him having new, more powerful attacks and stuff like that is only because he was the last boss of the game and kinda HAD to be difficult.
Even more so the moves he performed aren't so different as to be saying he did them by acquiring Force Edge.

1) Multiple Judgement Cuts. If it was some powerful move it'll have to be with Force Edge don't you think? Multiple Judgement Cuts is a move that Vergil himself could work out just by using Yamato.

2) Multiple Helm Breakers. For me, if Dante could use Darkslayer, he could easily do this with Rebellion as well. No surprise there.

And his regeneration is normal isn't it? Dante regenerates as well while in Devil Trigger. Having Vergil's boost up with Force Edge is kinda normal isn't it? He had 2 Sparda Devil Arms after all. They are certain to improve his demonic aspects a bit. But he did not get anything as powerful as Arkham got with both the amulets and the Force Edge. Even his Devil Trigger remained the same. While it changed slightly with Beowulf.

Sparda™

Tony_Redgrave;77929 said:
Perhaps we did not see his actual power because he was dead tired from running through the whole tower and battling Arkham as well?

About the gameplay things you mentioned, I don't believe them as much. For me him having new, more powerful attacks and stuff like that is only because he was the last boss of the game and kinda HAD to be difficult.
Even more so the moves he performed aren't so different as to be saying he did them by acquiring Force Edge.

1) Multiple Judgement Cuts. If it was some powerful move it'll have to be with Force Edge don't you think? Multiple Judgement Cuts is a move that Vergil himself could work out just by using Yamato.

2) Multiple Helm Breakers. For me, if Dante could use Darkslayer, he could easily do this with Rebellion as well. No surprise there.

And his regeneration is normal isn't it? Dante regenerates as well while in Devil Trigger. Having Vergil's boost up with Force Edge is kinda normal isn't it? He had 2 Sparda Devil Arms after all. They are certain to improve his demonic aspects a bit. But he did not get anything as powerful as Arkham got with both the amulets and the Force Edge. Even his Devil Trigger remained the same. While it changed slightly with Beowulf.

You're saying Beowulf Vergil is stronger than Force Edge Vergil?!

It's absolutely nonsense. The post of 'last boss', is not something Vergil went with. performing a multiple Judgment Cut could be only done while having the Force Edge. Don't forget that Sparda's sword is accompanied closely with the Yamato. It would be totally different with the Rebellion.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Where did I say that Beowulf Vergil is stronger than Force Edge Vergil? You misinterpreted my words.

What I'm saying is that what happens in the gameplay isn't proof enough to explain anything.

Why do I say that? When you use Ifrit/Beowulf/Gilgamesh with Dante, their attacks are stronger than Rebellion's. And in Devil May Cry 1, Force Edge is the weakest Devil Arm in the game.

But you'll have to agree that normally, the Sparda Devil Arms are way stronger than the average Devil Arm you'll encounter throughout the game.

Vergil having 2 of Sparda's Devil Arms is stronger. But not to the point of receiving Sparda's power.

If that's so then DMC3 Dante is stronger than 1/2 Sparda+Vergil and with a great deal as he defeated him quite easily in the cut-scene.

VergilIsntdead

the force edge ALONE and even with one amulet, gives no power to the possesor, that is sword in that form just acts like another human blade, it doesn't even give devil trigger, just remember the beginning of DMC1

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
VergilIsntdead;78008 said:
the force edge ALONE and even with one amulet, gives no power to the possesor, that is sword in that form just acts like another human blade, it doesn't even give devil trigger, just remember the beginning of DMC1

That's what I'm trying to say:p
Vergil did not get more powerful with Force Edge in Devil May Cry 3. He just had a new Devil Arm ergo new moves/abilities.

demolition_man

Back to the original question. I dont feel that he was nec. cocky, he just didnt feel it was necessary to take these guys seriously. look at what he has faced before and look what he faces now in DMC4. He feels that they are a joke(humans making themselves into demons) and he treats them as such.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Dante Aseroth;77901 said:
Yeah, It's true. That amount of power he got, reflected his darkness that resides within his heart. Seeing the human appearance of Sparda, I'd say he was the hottest of demons...:lol:

Researching is cool. You always don't know what cool thing you'll find in the next click.

Well, actually I get my research from the bios and the info I can gather in the games. 8D Most of it anyway.

i dont think neither Dante or Vergil could be stronger than Sparda, come on he is the man's man, the king of kings, if the twis inherited just HALF of his blood that would mean half power,

Not nessasarily, it even saids in Dante's bio that he might already be stronger than Sparda and he's only 27-28 years old.

As a matter of fact, being half human, may actually be an advantage.

you can have the taste of the full demonic power and blood of sparda, with the activation of the force edge in the hands of Dante and transforms into his father's image. That was the ONLY way to defeat Mundus, Dante alone would have never defeated the king of the underworld.

But you see no one can even get the full power unless they're Vergil or Dante. So it becomes their own personal power, I beleive that's why Vergil was so hell bent on having his rightful power.

Sparda™

Vergilissexy;78124 said:
Well, actually I get my research from the bios and the info I can gather in the games. 8D Most of it anyway.

Yeah! I got the same source of information as well, and also check online encyclopedias too.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
The stuff I usually get online is from interviews. But if a site seems legit enough, i'll look more up on the info I find. ^^

Sparda™

I know a site, which is one of my preferred, not to say the most awesome, Devil May Cry source. I can't post it here, or PM it(admins might check out)...Yeah, It is that secret...:p:D

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
To think about it Dante must be between 30 and 40 I think. Then he would be in the best age and strongest there is.

Sparda™

Strifer;78760 said:
To think about it Dante must be between 30 and 40 I think. Then he would be in the best age and strongest there is.

In DMC4, Dante is confirmed by Capcom to be 27-28 years old.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
No nothing is confirmed. Capcom only admitted that they wanted to show a more mature version of Dante. Even in DMC3 Capcom never stated that Dante & Vergil are around 18 years old. They only said they wanted them to look teenagers. Everything else is speculation by the fans.

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
I really like when Dante is more mature like in DMC4 because he seems much more powerful then.

Sparda™

The interview is of Hiroyuki Kobayashi, the producer of DMC4, and its full version is in the Collector's Edition of the game. I saw It on YouTube, and I think It's there.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Tony, if they wanted them to be teens, then they're definately around 17-19. It's just like when they said it's been 10 years since then. They didn't exactly say the twins were 27-29, but add 10 years to that. 8D

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
I guess I'm just getting confused with the 3 different Dante personalities. DMC3 and DMC1 then DMC2 with the Anime and now DMC4. Its like balance then Ice cold then super cocky.

Top Bottom