• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's Personality

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Ya also gotta think about how easily Dante, (or demons in general) seem to have power spirts out of no where. Think of DMC3, in over the period in one night Dante got a new transformation and more devil arms giving him more power.

He went from getting his @ss handed back to Vergil to handing Vergil's @ss back to him.

I think it's logical if you get all that crap in one day. XD

As for the Sparda sword, it's already complete and awake, you just have to have Sparda's blood in order for it to give you its true power to weild it, at least from what we've seen anyway.

Sparda™

Vergilissexy;77213 said:
As for the Sparda sword, it's already complete and awake, you just have to have Sparda's blood in order for it to give you its true power to weild it, at least from what we've seen anyway.

I know what you're referring to, but in Vergil's case, was the absence of one amulet.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
But you see the sword wasn't awakened yet. When the sword is awake, you no longer need the amulets. (I don't think one would need them after the awakening.)

Sparda™

Vergilissexy;77224 said:
But you see the sword wasn't awakened yet. When the sword is awake, you no longer need the amulets. (I don't think one would need them after the awakening.)

I think that the sword had awakened, half of its full energy when Arkham was in its possession.

The amulets are important in opening the Demon World, and in awakening the full power of the Sparda sword.

Having Sparda's blood is a requirement as well. I'd like to see Nero go rampaging using the Sparda...

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Dante Aseroth;77206 said:
Obviously you need to have all the parts to make the Sparda sword, and achieve full power.

There is something about the timeline of DMC, in which people often get confused.

If anyone remembers the DMC3 ending, in the last part in which Dante is answering the phone, Trish comes in, the beginning of DMC1. It is confirmed that Dante in DMC4 is at least 27-28 years old. In DMC3-DMC1 he was at 19-20-21, so I think 6-7 years made him quite powerful, even more powerful than his father, the LDK Sparda.
I remember Trish saying "your the man who lost a mother and a brother to evil 20 years ago" I take it she isnt talking about the events of DMC3 but when Dantes mother was killed...?

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Well, they keep changing the story, but from what I know, Dante thought Vergil to be dead untill they met up again when they were 16-17. That's why in DMC3 when he was 17-18 Dante said, "It's been nearly a year since we last met."

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
the reason vergil or arkam couldn't obtain the sparda sword
was because they didn't put the amulets in the force edge.

Sparda™

yasoukyoku;77580 said:
the reason vergil or arkam couldn't obtain the sparda sword
was because they didn't put the amulets in the force edge.

You're wrong!

First, Arkham didn't have Sparda's blood, therefore he obtained only half of the sword's potential.

Second, Vergil didn't have one of the amulets, and he obtained half of the energy as well.

Vergilissexy;77570 said:
Well, they keep changing the story, but from what I know, Dante thought Vergil to be dead untill they met up again when they were 16-17. That's why in DMC3 when he was 17-18 Dante said, "It's been nearly a year since we last met."

Yeah. The story is kind of messed up, but that is what really happened.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Yep, except Sanctus didn't turn into a fat blob. According to the bio it said Arkham attained that form because of the evil in his heart. It showed his uglyness on the outside....Not to say Sparda's demon form looked like sleeping beauty, but who knows, in the demon world Sparda could have been like the hottest demon ever. XD

Looks like we both do our reasearch on DMC well. 8D

VergilIsntdead

i dont think neither Dante or Vergil could be stronger than Sparda, come on he is the man's man, the king of kings, if the twis inherited just HALF of his blood that would mean half power, you can have the taste of the full demonic power and blood of sparda, with the activation of the force edge in the hands of Dante and transforms into his father's image. That was the ONLY way to defeat Mundus, Dante alone would have never defeated the king of the underworld. And god knows that if Vergil had obtained the sparda blade in DMC3, dante would be more than dead.

Kedjane

What's the story confusion really?
Dante lost his mother and brother to evil 20 years prior to DMC (His mother was killed and his brother turned evil), and one year prior to DMC3 Dante and Vergil fight - then fight again during the game.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
About Vergil..

When he got the Force Edge he didn't seem all that powerful to me. I mean yeah, he is the last boss and he is hard as hell to beat at first, but that's only cause he's the final boss.

Storyline wise, Dante didn't even break a sweat to beat him. "Come on, get up, is that all you've got?"

And that's because he didn't get the amulets like Arkham did. Though unlike Arkham, he would probably get all of Sparda's power like Dante did in Devil May Cry 1.

But in DMC3, the only one who managed to get a bit of Sparda's power (and lost it afterwards) was Arkham. Vergil just had one cool Devil Arm to add in his arsenal.

Arkham had all the requirements, but not Sparda's blood. Therefore he got some power out of Force Edge but that was it.

Sanctus did not get anything. He just had the Sparda sword. Even his moves where the same with the 1st battle. He could just block with the sword, and do a couple of moves with it (and one can even be bustered:p )

And by the way I'm curious as to whether can anyone take Sparda's power now, as Dante already did in Devil May Cry 1. It would be kinda lame if he was weaker without the Sparda sword, but at least in Devil May Cry 4 he wasn't weak at the least. Also, no mention of the complete amulet. Does Dante wear it in Devil May Cry 4? Has he hidden it somewhere? Does Trish have it?

As for Dante's personality. He has become soo powerful and has lost the only people he had great feelings for. (His parents, his brother, even by his hand, and yeah he may be living still, but Dante thinks he killed him, Trish, for a moment or so). Therefore he's become, ehm "colder"? I don't know if this is the right word. But you see him in Credo's death. Credo is dying behind him and Dante is like "Check it out, it's got wings". Not that he knew Credo to feel anything though. But you get my point. In the end he did want to accept his dying request anyway;)

Sparda™

Vergilissexy;77638 said:
Yep, except Sanctus didn't turn into a fat blob. According to the bio it said Arkham attained that form because of the evil in his heart. It showed his uglyness on the outside....Not to say Sparda's demon form looked like sleeping beauty, but who knows, in the demon world Sparda could have been like the hottest demon ever. XD

Looks like we both do our reasearch on DMC well. 8D

Yeah, It's true. That amount of power he got, reflected his darkness that resides within his heart. Seeing the human appearance of Sparda, I'd say he was the hottest of demons...:lol:

Researching is cool. You always don't know what cool thing you'll find in the next click..;)

Tony_Redgrave;77860 said:
About Vergil..

When he got the Force Edge he didn't seem all that powerful to me. I mean yeah, he is the last boss and he is hard as hell to beat at first, but that's only cause he's the final boss.

Storyline wise, Dante didn't even break a sweat to beat him. "Come on, get up, is that all you've got?"

And that's because he didn't get the amulets like Arkham did. Though unlike Arkham, he would probably get all of Sparda's power like Dante did in Devil May Cry 1.

But in DMC3, the only one who managed to get a bit of Sparda's power (and lost it afterwards) was Arkham. Vergil just had one cool Devil Arm to add in his arsenal.

Arkham had all the requirements, but not Sparda's blood. Therefore he got some power out of Force Edge but that was it.

Sanctus did not get anything. He just had the Sparda sword. Even his moves where the same with the 1st battle. He could just block with the sword, and do a couple of moves with it (and one can even be bustered:p )

And by the way I'm curious as to whether can anyone take Sparda's power now, as Dante already did in Devil May Cry 1. It would be kinda lame if he was weaker without the Sparda sword, but at least in Devil May Cry 4 he wasn't weak at the least. Also, no mention of the complete amulet. Does Dante wear it in Devil May Cry 4? Has he hidden it somewhere? Does Trish have it?

As for Dante's personality. He has become soo powerful and has lost the only people he had great feelings for. (His parents, his brother, even by his hand, and yeah he may be living still, but Dante thinks he killed him, Trish, for a moment or so). Therefore he's become, ehm "colder"? I don't know if this is the right word. But you see him in Credo's death. Credo is dying behind him and Dante is like "Check it out, it's got wings". Not that he knew Credo to feel anything though. But you get my point. In the end he did want to accept his dying request anyway;)

About Vergil, I'd say you're partially wrong. Vergil became more powerful with the Force Edge. Don't forget that having Sparda's blood is the key element of the sword. As for Arkham, he didn't have It, and so that half of the full potential just went to waste.

Sanctus was just an old fool, obsessed of having the ultimate power of Sparda.

Dante is more powerful than Sparda in DMC4, and the absence of the Sparda, worries him in zero level.

I wouldn't say 'colder', though what I see in DMC2, is a cold ice demon hunter. I say the proper term for DMC4 Dante is way cooler - a fusion of both DMC1 and DMC3 Dante.

Another game character would just cry and get angry in that scene of Credo's death, the same cliche we all see in all type of games. But Capcom made something outstanding in my opinion. It was about time to see something different in those type of scenarios. And to further get to my point, the accepting of Credo's dying request, makes him a hero that shadows any other of his genre.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I agree with almost everything. :p

The only thing I disagree with (and also partially) is Vergil.
There's no mistake that Vergil became more powerful having the Force Edge with him. So far so good.
However, I just don't think that he gained part of Sparda's power by having it. If he did, wouldn't we see some awesome cut-scene where his aura becomes more intense or something like that? (We saw it with Arkham, and with Nelo Angelo 3, and even with Vergil himself when he got hold of Beowulf's moves so why not with Force Edge). Therefore, I conclude that he did not gain part of Sparda's power. For him and Dante. Having Force Edge, Rebellion or Yamato is about the same thing. (Well each one having their own preferred style of fighting but, you get my point). The truth of this is when Dante in Devil May Cry got the Perfect Amulet and the whole room filled with Dark/Demonic energy.

Having another powerful Devil Arm sure gives you some new awesome abilities, therefore boosting your strength/power/etc. But if Vergil gained some of Sparda's power it'll incredibly difficult for Dante to beat him. He looked tired with Arkham (who had part of that power), but he beat Vergil like saying "Well, you can come back if you want, I'll still beat you as you are now". Of course he did not say that, but his attitude showed this.

Sparda™

Tony_Redgrave;77912 said:
I agree with almost everything. :p

The only thing I disagree with (and also partially) is Vergil.
There's no mistake that Vergil became more powerful having the Force Edge with him. So far so good.
However, I just don't think that he gained part of Sparda's power by having it. If he did, wouldn't we see some awesome cut-scene where his aura becomes more intense or something like that? (We saw it with Arkham, and with Nelo Angelo 3, and even with Vergil himself when he got hold of Beowulf's moves so why not with Force Edge). Therefore, I conclude that he did not gain part of Sparda's power. For him and Dante. Having Force Edge, Rebellion or Yamato is about the same thing. (Well each one having their own preferred style of fighting but, you get my point). The truth of this is when Dante in Devil May Cry got the Perfect Amulet and the whole room filled with Dark/Demonic energy.

Having another powerful Devil Arm sure gives you some new awesome abilities, therefore boosting your strength/power/etc. But if Vergil gained some of Sparda's power it'll incredibly difficult for Dante to beat him. He looked tired with Arkham (who had part of that power), but he beat Vergil like saying "Well, you can come back if you want, I'll still beat you as you are now". Of course he did not say that, but his attitude showed this.

I think I know what you mean, but the fight happened instantly after Arkham was defeated, and It was no room for a super show of power, like with Beowulf. The amulets were caught first, and then, Vergil got the Force Edge. I think the only visible augmentation of power in Vergil was the multiple Helm Breakers/Judgment Cuts, speed, strength and also some Stingers.

Let's not forget his regeneration thing while in DT form.

Top Bottom