• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's Downfall

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'm not jealous...

96-stab2.jpg

z42.gif

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
"Dante's Downfall" would probably be Dante questioning whether or not he should continue on this path he's on or just cut and run and go back to a life without attachments or responsibilities.

Railazel

If you're looking at it like more of a figure of speech, then Dante already went to hell - his life up to DmC was a living hell, one could say.
He struggeled through torture, mentally and physically, lived a life without love or trust, not even knowing who or what he really is, and simply fought for survival because dying would have been doing the demons a favor.
The outcome was a broken and self-destructive young man with trust issues, who seeked as much pleasure as he could, for as long as he could because his life could end any minute.

This, as opposed to Vergil who went to a Hell during his death. Both ending up conquering their respective Hells but they chose opposing paths. On an interesting note, Dante's journey ended with doubt ("I don't know who I am anymore...") while Vergil's began with it ("What happened to us, Father?").

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............
So what do you think it would be like if Dante went to hell like Vergil did?
I don't really have a theory on this, but a friend of mine thinks it would be good idea to have Dante struggle
during every mission and come out on top.
images

As opposed to Vergil who just gave in.
images

I would have Dante go there in search of Kat (for some reason in DmC2 she gets killed.) to bring her back from the dead. Vergil sends her soul there to suffer for her betrayal. Dante fights his way through the deepest pits and finds Kat defending herself with his mother Eva. Dante kills the demon that was attacking them. After an emotional reunion he tells his mother to come back with him. She explains that she cant because she has no physical body to come back to after being dead for so long. Dante opens a portal back to earth and vows to come back for her once he figures out how to open a portal to heaven. He hugs his mother and before he leaves gives her back the Osiris scythe to defend herself against the demons. Upon recieving it she gains back a portion of her power and opens her new wings. Dante and Kat step through and the portal closes.

The Final Offer

I would have Dante go there in search of Kat (for some reason in DmC2 she gets killed.) to bring her back from the dead. Vergil sends her soul there to suffer for her betrayal. Dante fights his way through the deepest pits and finds Kat defending herself with his mother Eva. Dante kills the demon that was attacking them. After an emotional reunion he tells his mother to come back with him. She explains that she cant because she has no physical body to come back to after being dead for so long. Dante opens a portal back to earth and vows to come back for her once he figures out how to open a portal to heaven. He hugs his mother and before he leaves gives her back the Osiris scythe to defend herself against the demons. Upon recieving it she gains back a portion of her power and opens her new wings. Dante and Kat step through and the portal closes.

Actually, I'd say the reason Dante goes to the deepest pits is because of Vergil informing Dante that their mother is still alive. I would love for this to be the reason why DMC 2 ended. So I'd say leave that scenario for the end of the DmC series.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
If you're looking at it like more of a figure of speech, then Dante already went to hell - his life up to DmC was a living hell, one could say.
He struggeled through torture, mentally and physically, lived a life without love or trust, not even knowing who or what he really is, and simply fought for survival because dying would have been doing the demons a favor.
The outcome was a broken and self-destructive young man with trust issues, who seeked as much pleasure as he could, for as long as he could because his life could end any minute. Makes you wonder what it had done to him if it hadn't been for Vergil and Kat to drag him out.
Exactly what I was thinking.
If there had to be something like Dante's Downfall, then I'd like it to be set during Dante's stay in the orphanage.

The Final Offer

Exactly what I was thinking.
If there had to be something like Dante's Downfall, then I'd like it to be set during Dante's stay in the orphanage.

Yeah, Dante's resolve never went faint. He was always rebelling against demons, even in captivity he wouldn't let them break him. That man is too strong to be tampered with. Which is why a Dante's Downfall wouldn't make any sense, since he never knew what a torture-less life was.

It'd make a great story for DLC Dark Dante's costume though. If he just went completely blank on humanity, blasted Kat (at the beginning), and thought only for personal gain. Maybe him fighting Vergil without knowing they were brothers would spice up the story. Dual Wielding Yamato and Rebellion vs Mundus!?

Brb brain just overloaded...

Top Bottom