• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante vs Ryu Hayabusa

Who would win?

• Dante (Devil May Cry)

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aka958

Don't trust people
I've seen many Versus threads so i decided to make my own. and that i think is from two similar games. who would win?

Ryu Hayabusa (Main character in Ninja Gaiden series)
or
Dante (Main character in Devil May Cry series)

Personally i think that Ryu would win because i got this feeling that when i play with him that he pretty much overpowers the feeling when you play as Dante in DMC (just because i like the feeling in Ninja Gaiden doesn't mean i don't like the feeling in Devil May Cry and i still like it very much). He is fast and he can cut off Bodyparts wich actually no one ever tried to Dante and i think that it would be very effective.

Zato-OW

King
I don't understand why people waste their time making a vs thread against Dante. HE WILL WIN THEM ALL, mainly because this board is dedicated to him...

aka958

Don't trust people
I dunno. I think its maybe because people are curious about what other thinks?
I don't like that people vote when they don't know both of the characters and not all in this forum is Devil May Cry maniacs.

If i would post this in general gaming discussion would people think different?

Railazel

Yes, they would.

Anyways, to get on subject, I would say Ryu Hayabusa. Mostly because he uses more stealth-like techniques and can use the enviroment more effectively, which would mean that Dante would have trouble touching him. Then there are his Ultimate, Obliteration, and Ninpou techniques, which would give alot of variety and versatility to his moves. So, I vote Ryu.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
aka958;180636 said:
I dunno. I think its maybe because people are curious about what other thinks?
I don't like that people vote when they don't know both of the characters and not all in this forum is Devil May Cry maniacs.

If i would post this in general gaming discussion would people think different?

Here Here.

If they want to condemn the idea of a vrs thread as doomed just cause this is a dmc site, let them.

The poll will probably be dominated by idiots who don't think about the other character, but oh well. That's why we just ignore the poll.

The rest of us will have an intelligent discussion about these fights, just like we like to.

Gonna vote Dante on this one. He has the whole can't-be-beat-by-most-killing-blows thing going for him, plus when he does get hurt he regenerates.

Also Dante has guns.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I'd say it's a pretty even match here, I mean...Ryu's stood up to and defeated Archfiend demon gods, and Dante's stood up to and defeated demon gods anyway.

Ryu can move infinitely faster than Dante can, even given his Devil Trigger, meaning if he can keep out of the way of Dante's attacks, he could mop the floor with him.
But then again, if Dante got a bead on him and actually got the chance to strike, he'd obliterate Ryu.

If, for the sake of a fair fight, we're talking about Dante with bog standard gear, IE: Rebellion and Ebony & Ivory, and Ryu having his True Dragon Sword and Shuriken, it'd be an interesting fight, a lot of it probably would come down to luck though, it's mainly speed vs raw power, whoever gets the first hit in pretty much wins.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
Angelo Credo;180652 said:
I'd say it's a pretty even match here, I mean...Ryu's stood up to and defeated Archfiend demon gods, and Dante's stood up to and defeated demon gods anyway.

Ryu can move infinitely faster than Dante can, even given his Devil Trigger, meaning if he can keep out of the way of Dante's attacks, he could mop the floor with him.
But then again, if Dante got a bead on him and actually got the chance to strike, he'd obliterate Ryu.

If, for the sake of a fair fight, we're talking about Dante with bog standard gear, IE: Rebellion and Ebony & Ivory, and Ryu having his True Dragon Sword and Shuriken, it'd be an interesting fight, a lot of it probably would come down to luck though, it's mainly speed vs raw power, whoever gets the first hit in pretty much wins.

THIS is how ppl should think more like. I mean, it's not that we are in a DMC forum that dante has always to win. I agree with you about being an even match.

aka958

Don't trust people
Yes it would be an incredible even match. But we can't think that Dante got guns because Ryu can pretty simple block gunfire (Yes strange game mechanics and nothing logic but it's a game and i would guess it's a skill), but if Dante comes with one of his missile launchers then Ryu would have a bad time as the missile launcher in Ninja gaiden are pretty irritating and annoying.
And as i said no one in the DMC has tried to cut of Dantes body parts only stabbing him.

But thinking of it then it must be fair of what a sword can do then Ryus cutting techniques that he can slice of enemies body parts is not fair because Dante has a sword but can't do the same so i gotta take away that ability.

Keaton

Premium
Hm, an intesting thread here, especially since NG and DMC are usually being compared to one another. I'm swayed onto Dante here.

I'm a fan of both game series but when we compare the characters we see a decided overwhelming factor...

Ryu is human. Although he boasts a superior speed, skill and intelict what we have to come to realize is that Vergil is not unlike Ryu. Yamato and the TDS offer very simalar techniques, Vergil has the ability to teleport which puts him on par (if not superior) to Ryus speed, plus Vergil also has mastery of his Devil Trigger, Summoned Swords (which are far more deadly than Shuriken -- a stunning --as in stun-- weapon), plus Vergil's hand--to--hand combat was made far more deadly with the addition of Beowolf.

You may be asking, "Why compare Ryu and Vergil", well for one, Dante has defeated Vergil, and from what I can see, Vergil excells Ryu. DT, Teleportation, plus the ability to use the likes of Judgement Cut make him a far more deadly threat.

To go back to an opening line, Ryu is also Human. Although he can use the fearsome UT's Dante has the ability to heal his own Damage, use Styles that can help him Evade it all together to even completly negate it.

IMO I wouldn't say this was a clsoe fight, but Ryu is certanly the only human who would have half a chance of beating Dante. Plus, if we look at Dantes other merits, Coyote's close range shot will easily stun and knock back Ryu, Rebellion is just fearsome and Devil Triggered moves, Stinger etc are simply -- Guard Breaking.

Ryu makes a noble effort, but sadly Dante is a Devil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom