• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante vs Dante - Guess who won? Dante!

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Huh, a being who is two very powerful beings fused into one with the ability to freeze time vs. a dude who's only one half of a powerful being and a normal human who can just move really fast and is super strong...

I call bullshit, buuuut this if a "DMC" niche so whatevs.

IncarnatedDemon

Huh, a being who is two very powerful beings fused into one with the ability to freeze time vs. a dude who's only one half of a powerful being and a normal human who can just move really fast and is super strong...

Where is the proof that DmC Dante can freeze time?

DragonMaster2010

Where is the proof that DmC Dante can freeze time?

e3dante4.jpg

IncarnatedDemon

That´s a gameplay feature. It has little ties to the story or the character. Even if it did nowhere does it say that Dante has ability to freeze time as part of his abilities within the story.

If Dante could freeze time, then why did you never see him do that on Mundus, Lilith or any other enemy during a cutscene? Infact Devil trigger just served as a immobilizing form with extra damage.
If you think that means Dante can freeze time, using a gameplay mehanic as basis, then what does this means?

As far as i can see: DmC Dante can´t freeze time. Neither can DMC Dante.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
But wouldn't that conflict with different universes definition of power?
Technically, I think it could create a conflict, but it seems for the sake of argument that some debaters do not mind.

Calculation/power scaling is a too long process anyway.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
We got a rather biased crowd here Dragon. And there is no facts here of who could actually win in a fight. They're the same person anyway so like I think it would be better to match up Dante against someone else.

Soul Calibur 5 disappointed me. The character creation was amazing but, it was rather lack luster in many other aspects. I prefer to play the previous entries. SC 2 is probably my personal favorite because on the Gamecube I got my boy Link.

IncarnatedDemon

6:45 he goes DT and temporarily stops Mundus.
I stand correct (i actually checked it out before u got source for me).

I wasnt discussing who would win btw, i just found it weird for Dante to freeze time.

But you are right he did that. I dont know if he frooze time or stopped Mundus. Because Vergil wasnt affected by what Dante did.

DragonMaster2010

I stand correct (i actually checked it out before u got source for me).

I wasnt discussing who would win btw, i just found it weird for Dante to freeze time.

But you are right he did something like that. I dont know if he frooze time or stopped Mundus. Because Vergil wasnt affected by what Dante did.

I thought it was because Vergil was Nephilim too.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
We got a rather biased crowd here Dragon. SC 2 is probably my personal favorite because on the Gamecube I got my boy Link.
As much as I want to say they're not biased, I'd have to agree with you, regardless. Because it's true.

I loved Link, I just hated having to use the GCN controller (that was the acronym that Nintendo used for their system -- *sigh*)

That, and I just could never perform combos that well in Soul Caliber. Especially not with Link.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
As much as I want to say they're not biased, I'd have to agree with you, regardless. Because it's true.

I loved Link, I just hated having to use the GCN controller (that was the acronym that Nintendo used for their system -- *sigh*)

That, and I just could never perform combos that well in Soul Caliber. Especially not with Link.
I loved the Gamceube controller because it was actually fit for human hands. I really liked the Gamecube in general. Some great games were on that thing. I personally had no problem still pulling off crazy stuff in SC with it.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I loved the Gamceube controller because it was actually fit for human hands. I really liked the Gamecube in general. Some great games were on that thing. I personally had no problem still pulling off crazy stuff in SC with it.
You're pretty skilled then. I couldn't play the "Megaman Collection" or fighting games at all on the GC controller without struggling.

Edit:

To be fair though, I couldn't play the "Megaman X Collection" on the PS2 controller, either. They mapped the "Dash" function to "Circle", so I couldn't play it as well as the SNES version, anyway.

Not to mention, using "X" to shoot and having to jump using "Square" really messes you up.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
You're pretty skilled then. I couldn't play the "Megaman Collection" or fighting games at all on the GC controller without struggling.

Edit:

To be fair though, I couldn't play the "Megaman X Collection" on the PS2 controller, either. They mapped the "Dash" function to "Circle", so I couldn't play it as well as the SNES version, anyway.

Not to mention, using "X" to shoot and having to jump using "Square" really messes you up.
Not to brag but, yes. I'm a ridiculously good SC player. SC is not even my fighting game of choice. I like them but I prefer other games. Just when I do play it, I surprise myself on how good I am at the games. I've competed in a few tournaments and won one before.SC is still not a favorite of mine though.

I don't always do tournaments but when I do, it's usually Super Smash Bros.

Been playing Injustice:Gods Among Us though lately. That game is awesome!

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

Top Bottom