• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante Tips

Mundusx19

Crimson Pitch
I'm doing my first playthrough of Hell and Hell and I'm less than spectacular with Dante. Any tips to these horrible enemies?

Keaton

Premium
Mundusx19;167930 said:
I'm doing my first playthrough of Hell and Hell and I'm less than spectacular with Dante. Any tips to these horrible enemies?

Find the styles and weapons that you are most comfortable with ;) Abuse some of the finer features of Dante, such as using Trickster w. Giglamesh and Pandora.

Trickster overcomes Giglameshs' poor speed, and Pandora makes for a fantastic longrange/aerial abuse weapon. Plus, if you abuse Distortion you can take down enemies before you can say ka-pow! :D

Otherwise, you can always abuse long distance weapons (firearms) such as Pandoras God-Pod, Ebony and Ivory while Spamming Royal Guard ;)

Hope that helps, I'm sure others here have some better advice for you ^^

Keaton

Premium
Vergil_Yamato;167953 said:
I dont use range weapons often

Why not? Out of curiosity?

Especially on HoH mode, ranged weapon attacks can help you eliminate the little threats early on ^^

Sparda™

Lucifer is a perfect sting & go weapon, in which you can detonate the blades with a reasonable range and get shielded at the same time.

Coyote-A works If you want to get your enemies pushed away for more space.

I wouldn't recommend Pandora too much. It is slow thus you can get hit before doing any combination move.

I'd suggest you'd use the Bow Gun/Gatling Gun to get the Disaster Gauge full in any case, as It may result helpful later. Don't overdo It, though.

Use Gilgamesh and Rebellion in close ranges wisely. Any move which would require seconds to execute can be fatal.

As for styles, Trickster is the ideal one.

Swordmaster/Gunslinger/Royalguard/Dark Slayer require some training at Bloody Palace. Try not getting hit with those styles at 2-3 stages in a row i.e.: Stage 25-26-27.

Bloody Palace is the key to success.

Vergil_Yamato

Keaton;167955 said:
Why not? Out of curiosity?

Especially on HoH mode, ranged weapon attacks can help you eliminate the little threats early on ^^

Dont kno im just more into close range weapons

Mundusx19

Crimson Pitch
Thanks guys :) It's the chimera assaults that're giving me the most trouble. The charged point blank shotgun and a gun stinger takes them out for a while, but they love to hit me from off screen.

Top Bottom