• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante: Perfected in DMC4?

Grimmjow

I overall enjoyed DMC4 mostly due to the fact that I am a DMC fanatic, having nearly all merchandise possible that isn't demeaning (ex. Plushies). Nero seemed to be very slow in my opinion and the lack of mixing and matching weapons made him very boring to play to me. However, when Dante was available to played (basically the only reason I played through Nero's missions), I was amazed at how he could be played. Not only did he seem to have a faster running speed overall, the new in-game style switching made him seem customizable to the fullest. He is very easy to combo with. Overall, I think Dante was perfected in DMC4. However (just so I don't sound too positive), Dante's weapons were lacking. Although Gilgamesh was a must and Lucifer is fun to use, the weapons theme DMC is known for was basically left in the dark. Even the whole "a boss makes a similar weapon" theme was shot. Ice toads don't make me think of Pandora's Box. If a DMC5 were to come out, Dante's fighting style should be intact from DMC4 (or at least very similar) but it should have the story focus on him again and include a multitude of weapons for him to choose from that can fit the story. On another note, I agree with other people saying a more gothic tone is needed. Just not to the point of DMC2. A story that can tie up the loose ends in Vergil's story while not losing all the playability of Dante would be best for a storyline in my opinion. Please discuss.

Sparda™

The gameplay was far too easy in DMC4 than in other previous titles, except DMC2.

Dante's on-the-go style changing gave liberty and also made It easy to burst through opponents. That, adding the AI of opponents and of bosses lacking a true challenge, made the game look easy, even in Dante Must Die.

Dante was perfected in gameplay and is perfected in storyline, but Devil May Cry isn't on both.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
I've probably got more DMC stuff than you :p Spent waaaay too much on merchandise ._.
And; while I agree with the Dante part, try telling that to IGN...you'll get ripped to shreads -.-
Dante's gameplay was really good; enjoyed Nero's while it lacked alot of mechanisms but still fun.

Sparda™

NerosDevil;113535 said:
I've probably got more DMC stuff than you :p
And; while I agree with the Dante part, try telling that to IGN...you'll get ripped to shreads -.-

IGN needs to drink some sugar rush to ease their minds...:dry:

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Dante Aseroth;113536 said:
IGN needs to drink some sugar rush to ease their minds...:dry:
Bleh, IGNorants they're more commonly known. According to them; anyone who likes anything in DMC4 is an idiot.

Sparda™

NerosDevil;113537 said:
Bleh, IGNorants they're more commonly known. According to them; anyone who likes anything in DMC4 is an idiot.

Like they have something to be liked from...:dry:

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
I'm actually having a huge arguement with them currently over DMC4; bunch of trolls seriously. If someone likes Nero there its over >_>

Zato-OW

King
The thing about DMC4 lesser enemies is that they don't use their overwhelming attacks. I mean frost is the only enemy that uses its attacks at its full potential. Bianco and Alto's should but they don't... This makes their AI fail in some areas as in agressiveness. I mean they can teleport and stuff so why don't they use teleporting as in fast swift attacks that could catch you off guard. What I'm saying is the enemies in this game has decent AI but they are too predictable. Back to Dante.

Dante's gameplay is alot smoother then it was in DMC3. Unique weapons good personality but could use work. His taunts where a let down to me. He is overpowered and has too many moves given to you all at one time for his short amount of gameplay(What I'm trying to say is they could've used some of these weapons for a DMC game where Dante is going to be the only playable story based character because I really want to see the Lucifer/Pandora return.) All his styles have been approved and refreshed in areas. I liked the skinny look better that he had in DMC1/Anime. I was trying to imagine what Vergil would look like if he was in DMC4 and i can't picture him as big as Dante because of his personality and style but w/e.The VA wasn't so good this time around. Some times it would be perfect then at other times it sounds like hes trying to hard to sound more mature and end up sound like a old man that has to take a sh*t. But i do like how they kept him very cheesy and with a smile every scene. Other then the flaws he was pretty good.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
I absolutly loved Dante's look and all the weapons... Even though they lack versatility.

Dante's look in DMC4+GRAPHICS+DMC3's gameplay, equals win. Epic win.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Gameplay wise I thought he was great, I felt spoiled for choice. But they dont seem to have hit the mark with his personality since 1. If I had t chose one for gameplay I would probably choose Nero, with Dante it was pretty much the same old attacks but with Nero it was all new even though there was not much there was enough to experiment.

Green Hat

Dante was perfected........almost. The style changing "on the fly" thing was a good addition, the weapons WERE AWESOME but limited. Animations were fantastic for his attacks, and design and everything 4 Dante had improved. All I would want for DMC 5 would be this fast and strong Dante with raw attacks that are so much fun to use as they are in DMC4, this style change system and more weapons which are as awesome as Pandora and Gilgamesh. Maybe even special boss/enemy attacks/finishers when he is in Devil Trigger/or not. That would be GOOOOOOD to watch

Top Bottom