• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante or Vergil's teleportation

dreadnought_dante

And the brighter the flame, the deeper the shadow
Im a bit confused what is the limit of Dante or Vergil's teleportation power.
In trickstar Dante can teleport to front of an enemy. Can they teleport any far range OR the teleportation is limited anywhere in close range.

Viper

Premium
Is trickster Dante really an example of teleportation or is he just moving really really fast? Despite the fact one can use this style to avoid getting damaged by spikes, to me it always seemed like the case of latter, in fact it is described as such.

On the other hand Vergil's Dark Slayer does give him power of teleportation, but very short range, either near the enemy or directly above (or below) from current position.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It's limited I think. In fact, when I use Dante, to get to a particularly far enemy I do a Sky Star first and then teleport. With Vergil, if the standard teleport is not enough I do a Trick Up first.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Dante can cover more ground with his air trick esp in dt as he has 2 of them, however vergils is faster. Trickster is better as if you use sky star with air trick and with ground dash you can move all over the place

They are both teleports though

Viper

Premium
@ef9 o shea

*cough cough*

They are not both teleports. Teleportation is theoretical transfer of matter or energy from one point to another without traversing the physical space between them.
The more I look at Dante doing Trickster, less I believe he teleports and instead simply moves faster than the eye can register. Spikes not hurting him is cause of invincibility frames, something that is available only when doing single dash, not double or triple. If he were teleporting, then all these dashes would have the same invincibility effect.
Disappearing and appearing above enemy with weapon ready to strike is an old trick I've seen in cartoons, manga and anime, and it always meant speed, not fooling around with physics.

One could say Vergil does the same, but with Yamato giving him abilities that defy laws of physics (cutting through dimensional barriers and such), it is kinda believable for him to be able to teleport.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@ef9 o sheaOne could say Vergil does the same, but with Yamato giving him abilities that defy laws of physics (cutting through dimensional barriers and such), it is kinda believable for him to be able to teleport.

Maybe. His Judgement Cut can pass through walls, after all.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Dante's air trick is identical to vergils air except vergil goes straight up and dante goes forward and up covering more distance

Viper

Premium
Dante's air trick is identical to vergils air except vergil goes straight up and dante goes forward and up covering more distance
Looking the same doesn't mean they are. Unlike Vergil's dark slayer, where all moves are described as teleportation, nothing from the trickster style has that description, they are all said to be really quick movements, including air trick which is blindingly quick.

How would Dante even get teleportation outside dark slayer style? Yamato is the one that most logically gives Vergil this special power.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
In my opinion, both Vergil and Dante has the ability to teleport short distances; but I've never clearly seen Dante using it. So let's assume Vergil is the only brother able to teleport here.

I think it's extend is proportional with his concentration and power level. Y'know; the more he focuses, the further he teleports but he also needs to be powerful enough to use his power to teleport long distances. With Yamato, his teleportation's extend is virtually limitless; but with his power scale on DMC3, I don't think he can teleport much further than a few meters away.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Good question.

@Wuodan: I would reckon that considering there should be no difference in what either Dante and Vergil can achieve, that the ability to teleport would not be singled to Vergil.

To address the question as to what their capabilities of teleporting are, I'd say that they only can at a short range.

Top Bottom