• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante Or Nero

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
There ya go, and no problem. But I must warn you, Dante is not completely the same in all of the games. Capcom has given him numerous personalities. In 2 he's opposite of what he was in 3 and 4, in one he's more serious and a little less cocky. I think you'll like 3 the best since you like part 4 Dante.

w33l33

meh...
Strifer;76842 said:
Who do you like most?
"I personally like Dante best because he is the legend and have more styles. What about you?" This is wrong of me too say. I can say that I like Nero best too but the most rightful thing would be that they are both good balanced in styles and I like them both neither one better than the another. This is the real truth.

you cannot say that that is the truth as it is only your opinion, other people may and clearly do disagree with you nero has his benefits (the devil bringer) dante has far more (durability, better devil trigger, more styles, more weapons) therefore the majority vote will go for dante, however there will be some people new to the series who will go for fanboyism on nero so you get people on both sides but for me dante is far superior no one can take his place as far as i am concerned

benxander

Divine Demon
Vergilissexy;79141 said:
There ya go, and no problem. But I must warn you, Dante is not completely the same in all of the games. Capcom has given him numerous personalities. In 2 he's opposite of what he was in 3 and 4, in one he's more serious and a little less cocky. I think you'll like 3 the best since you like part 4 Dante.

Whats the timeline of the series?
I thought it was:

DMC 3
DMC
DMC2
DMC4

If so, why is Dante being more childish in the 4th outing?
Or have i got this all wrong?

Sparda™

Tony_Redgrave;79246 said:
DMC4 is just a bit after DMC1.

A bit??o_O

The time gap between DMC3 and DMC4 is 10 years. DMC1 happened a year after DMC3. That means DMC4 happened 8-9 years after DMC1.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Dante Aseroth;79266 said:
A bit??o_O

The time gap between DMC3 and DMC4 is 10 years. DMC1 happened a year after DMC3. That means DMC4 happened 8-9 years after DMC1.

No you're wrong. DMC1 did not happen a year after DMC3:p

And that "a bit" part was a quote from one of the 1st interviews about DMC4.

Sparda™

Tony_Redgrave;79270 said:
No you're wrong. DMC1 did not happen a year after DMC3:p

And that "a bit" part was a quote from one of the 1st interviews about DMC4.

If you see the epilogue/ending of DMC3, you can see Dante in his DMC1 clothes. Logically, his shop was rebuilt within a year. In the same ending, you can see Dante answering the phone. In the DMC1 prologue/opening, Trish is attacking Dante.

There's no way that DMC4 happened a bit after DMC1. Dante was a teen in DMC3, around 17-18 years old, and in DMC1 he's about 19-20 years old.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Dante Aseroth;79271 said:
If you see the epilogue/ending of DMC3, you can see Dante in his DMC1 clothes. Logically, his shop was rebuilt within a year. In the same ending, you can see Dante answering the phone. In the DMC1 prologue/opening, Trish is attacking Dante.

There's no way that DMC4 happened a bit after DMC1. Dante was a teen in DMC3, around 17-18 years old, and in DMC1 he's about 19-20 years old.

Just because he wears the same clothes and starts his work after DMC3 doesn't mean that the events of DMC1 are immediately after that. Surely Dante had more missions. Plus, he looks younger in DMC3 even in the DMC1 attire.

And Capcom did say that the events of DMC4 are a bit after DMC1.

Sparda™

Tony_Redgrave;79276 said:
And Capcom did say that the events of DMC4 are a bit after DMC1.

If Capcom has said that, It doesn't make sense, and Lady hasn't aged 10 years, which is a conflict of statements.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
^ Why is it not true that Lady has aged 10 years?

benxander;79233 said:
If so, why is Dante being more childish in the 4th outing?
Or have i got this all wrong?

Because as Tony once said, Capcom failed...pretty much. That's why there's even rumors that part 2 is dismissed from the series, I don't know these to be true or not, but I have my doubts. Even though Dante is different how do you dismiss a game you published?

Capcom:Uh yeah, that never happend.

Fans: But...it's called Devil May Cry.

Capcom:....Moving on to Resident Evil 5, Chris Redfield will be the next star as he journeys to Africa.

Fans: :dry:

I guess they can do that, I would like to dismiss that dry personal of his. Either that, or they should remake it to where it's more acceptable.

benxander

Divine Demon
Very confusing. I'll need to play all the games to see what you guys mean.

I barely followed that.

At least i kinda got it a little right.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
benxander;79391 said:
and so people dont think its canon?
i see >_<

There are other things as well. It showed a different way of opening the gate besides something Sparda related. No mention of Trish/Sparda sword. Devils lame but that supposedly fought against Sparda etc..

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Yeah, me personaly, I don't really care if it's canon or not. As I said before, I don't feel that the game had much if any effect on the series.

CIAdevil

Devil Dante
Hello I am new to the Forums but I am a Big Fan of the Devil May Cry and I am disappointed that they make that Nero the main character for DMC4; I want more DANTE I think there is more power inside Dante Character. And WHY DOES NERO LOOKS LIKE DANTE SO MUCH WTF? Same eyes same hair style they use guns and a sword.
I hope capcom is not trying to remplace DANTE with that *** of Nero

Top Bottom