• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante Or Nero

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dante obviously...Mostly new DMC fans will like Nero...If you all new fans play the older games,you guys will know who is more stylish...:lol:

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Vergilissexy;76893 said:
Well, majority rules, and I think Dante has plenty of character, you gotta look pass his cockyness. ^^

I used to be able to but now there is nothing there..just more smugness where the rest of his personality used to be. I liked him better when he was the perfect ballance of cockyness and a dark side. Which seems to have been passed on to Nero in 4 only more unstable and extreme.

Green Hat

DANTE.....more stylish, fun to play with, cooler, funnier, better attitude, and he is the original DMC figure. merely 12 missions wont change my preference for Dante built up by DMC3, DMC1, and DMC4's 21+20+7=48 missions (if im not recollecting wrong numbers). Anyways. its still Dante

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Sacred Knight;76944 said:
Nero wins my vote hes a character we can relate too, we can understand why he does things and one more thing, hes an actual character then again im also the guy who liked Raiden. But Nero shows alot more emotion even if it is just constant anger.

DAnte is the epitome of cockiness, sure it was fun for three games but I actually want to like the main character not just marvel at how cool he is.

Relate? I can't really relate to Nero. I wish I could, relate to him and the Sparda twins, but being a demon with a humaniod body and a crazy arm is not really something I can compare myself to. :D

Im quite sure we'll see more of Dante's Darkside like DA45 said. (I like the way you said that btw) Im sure we'll see more in the future games. If they actually give Dante something worth having concern over. Sure Sanctus himself was trying to take over the world, but Dante could have overpowered him with no effort. Instead he gave Nero the oppertunity.

I thought marveling at how cool someone was IS liking him. You can't think a person is cool while not liking him or her. ^_^

They didn't give Dante much of a chance in DMC4, I hope we see more of HIM in the next games. And give him a challenge because like a few of the members said, Dante gets serious when he or a loved one is TRUELY in danger. And now that the voice acting is better he should sound great. ;)

BTW DA45, this is off topic, but I love your sig, Wesker is quite the devil.

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
nero is good at hitting more enemies with his attacks + he has the buster + he has vergil's shadow in his DT meaning he does 2 hits instead of one in each attack, which can only mean good things:$

but i prefer dante as he has the different styles, his DT is awesome and powerful, he is badass, and he has 6 different weapons, so... no competition:p

SolGilgamesh

I pick Dante, for mostly the same reasons as everyone else has said. I happen to really like his cockiness! :p

But Nero is still pretty awesome. I had low standards for him when he was announced to be the main character, but that just made it easier for me to like him when i played it. Plus, he's voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch.... come on!

demolition_man

Well, I just started playing as Dante this weekend, and as awesome as he is with his different styles and weapons, I kinda miss Nero's arm.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
um, I dunno if I already said, but if not.

DANTE DANTE DANTE DANTE

DANTE

EmotionsUntold

Unloved Someone
Strifer;76869 said:
O_O What a shock. You are the first who prefer him instead of Dante. Read this thread. Everyone include me prefer Dante. Why Nero? Why?....

Awwww, who wouldn't prefer him?? Dante's kind of dried out after 7 years of Devil May Cry, I mean... change is a good thing. ^_^ Besides, Nero was just plain awesome :lol:

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
^ No way man! Dante dried out??? Yeah right. XD

If Dante dries out DMC dries out, and that ain't happenin. Nero is a good addition, but he would not be a good change.

BomberDom08

Dante since ive been a big fan since the first game, hes kept me laughin through all the games hes a great character and hes tied for my all time favorite game character with Solid Snake, but im not gunna lie if i was just starting to get into the series at 4 Nero woulda been my favorite but i still woulda thought Dante was pretty bad *** and DanteAseroth i love that pic in your sig!

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Heres the real truth some people love hollywood movies what i mean by this is hollywood always throws in a love story some saying itmade the movie great other saying it made the movie suck.....so pretty much nero ISNT a deep character all he does is scream out KYRIE over and over again and hit thing boosted by the occasional really cool cutscene. Then dante is a loaner love isnt his thing.WHY?

Pretty much dante has wnet through his emo days becomeing so strong he doesnt need to take a serious approach and if you paid previous devilmaycry he see dantes emtional side.Then the fact that dante isnt dmc4 main character the game is played out like a book in first person it show nero thoughts and feeling where as it only shows dantes actions.Think about this remember as much of the dmc4 cutscenes as possible and takeout all of the lovey mushy stuff and dante and nero are vurtually the same.Dante wasnt seen as a deep character because in this perticular story nothing of his own personal life was really at steak.

Given the choice dante is far beter than nero because he know when to be serious amd when to play.

VergilIsntdead

well, my choice would be of course, Dante, I love nero and is cocky and at all, but he just can't bit the **** out of Dante never in his life. Dante is more matured, more powerful, and the son of the legendary dark knight, of course you could say the fact he has already been in 3 other games but by the direction the story is taking, Nero's arm is just Vergil's power, blood, and even his soul. So i guess sometime soon, Vergil is GOING OUT to play a little in the DMC world again, and if you take Vergil from Nero, he is just an ordinary human. Basically thanks to vergil, Nero has any importance at all.

Kedjane

I prefer Nero.
Dante is the strongest and as younger he was awesome, but his new style in DMC4 is not as cool as I had hoped. Honestly, playing Dante isn't very fun either, gameplay-wise I prefer Nero. Nero has better moves and his exceed/devil bringer moves are awesome.

In DMC5 I'm quite certain that Dante will get a kickass style though, especially if it goes inbetween DMC4 and 2.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Dante's style has no way dried out peeps, what the hell is everybody going on about? Dante may get older but that only means he is getting more demonic and stronger, given time Dante will surpass any power thought possible and tbh, i'd like to see Nero even graze Dante with any attack then .lol. that aint gonna happen man :)

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
I really liked the sword master attack when you push circel and R1. There he deliver much more powerful sword attack than Nero can in 7 or 8 blows. But what Nero can measure that with his arm special moves.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Bringerofchaos;77692 said:
Heres the real truth some people love hollywood movies what i mean by this is hollywood always throws in a love story some saying itmade the movie great other saying it made the movie suck.....so pretty much nero ISNT a deep character all he does is scream out KYRIE over and over again and hit thing boosted by the occasional really cool cutscene. Then dante is a loaner love isnt his thing.WHY?

Pretty much dante has wnet through his emo days becomeing so strong he doesnt need to take a serious approach and if you paid previous devilmaycry he see dantes emtional side.Then the fact that dante isnt dmc4 main character the game is played out like a book in first person it show nero thoughts and feeling where as it only shows dantes actions.Think about this remember as much of the dmc4 cutscenes as possible and takeout all of the lovey mushy stuff and dante and nero are vurtually the same.Dante wasnt seen as a deep character because in this perticular story nothing of his own personal life was really at steak.

Given the choice dante is far beter than nero because he know when to be serious amd when to play.

Oh, you explained that well. ;)

Dante's style has no way dried out peeps, what the hell is everybody going on about? Dante may get older but that only means he is getting more demonic and stronger, given time Dante will surpass any power thought possible and tbh, i'd like to see Nero even graze Dante with any attack then .lol. that aint gonna happen man

Oh yeah, more demonic. That's always awsome. I agree with the rest of your post as well. ^^

I prefer Nero.
Dante is the strongest and as younger he was awesome, but his new style in DMC4 is not as cool as I had hoped. Honestly, playing Dante isn't very fun either, gameplay-wise I prefer Nero. Nero has better moves and his exceed/devil bringer moves are awesome.

In DMC5 I'm quite certain that Dante will get a kickass style though, especially if it goes inbetween DMC4 and 2.

:O Uh...well...I...I wanna kill myself for this but, I think I prefer Nero in that department as well. :(

Dante is awsome, but I think his skills weren't as cool as they were in part 3. Prohaps Capcom focused more on Nero. Part of the reason is also because im lazy. Nero is so much more easier to deal with, I just buster all those b**ches he's so simple to take care of. With Dante you gotta master all these moves and awwwgh, I ain't got time for that. XD

Dante does take more hits, and he does have great moves, you just gotta put more effort into it for Dante though. With Nero, you press O and he does like a 50 move combo, and with Dante it's like, agh I gotta press all these extra buttons and select a style :dry:.

XD Im just lazy, when I get a PS3 again i'll probably take the time to master Dante and enjoy him. (hehe that didn't sound right) And maybe i'll change my mind on who I prefer to play with in part 4.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
thanks for agreeing, +rep to you :)

Yeah Dante in the games is starting to look old but soon his face will appear to be devil like all the time, that look is going to be sweet I bet :)

Top Bottom