• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante may be dead.

seraphmaycry

this sounds like im on drugs, but hear me out.

a while back, i made a thread that the gatekeepers in dmc3 represented one of the 7 deadly sins.

it had to be changed but generally made sense.

now! when Eva was killed, how did two little brats that most likely had no idea of what to do survive, Eva would have prepared most likely, considering sparda was hated and all. AND she was the high-priority Eva who could give birth to power-house demons that threaten mundus.

if they DID survive, why don't Dante or Vergil have DID? a disorder believed to be the result of traumatic events?! Dante knows that Eva is dead, if he had DID, he would have no idea (not consciously.)

make sense so far?

i think, that Dante and Vergil DID (hehe pun unintended but awesome) die.

the DMC series always had as strong base to Dante's inferno.

could it be that Dante is actually living out his own inferno?

in dmc1 and dmc3 there are many references (lions, vergil, seven sins etc etc)

in dmc4 it's about a strong religious figure who wants more power, i don't know much about Christianity, but something tells me this is a reference to lucifer, we also have a person directly related to sparda and thus, Dante, instead of capcoms theory, could it be the remants of Dantes mind/soul/whatever fabricating a son/nephew to create a link to a family where none exists?

secondly, i'd like to discuss lady and trish in a different perspective, what if they represent acceptance of his death? in dmc3, lady teaches Dante what is important and he accepts he has to kill vergil, could it be symbolic of him acceptnig his death? remember, Dante and Vergils appearance and personality are meant to be a split of sparda's, it could represent him killing himself.

in dmc1, trish looks like his mother, could saving her and then her death in the final fight be representative of evas death? her impossible rebirth (mundus firgging attacked her, i don't see how she could survive when two spears would have killed dante had he not gone sparda just in time) being his mind denying it despite all logic?

i could touch more on dmc2/ anime, but i'll let this stand and see what you all think.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I think Dante and Vergil DO have issues as a result of their childhood. Massive ones.

seraphmaycry

I think Dante and Vergil DO have issues as a result of their childhood. Massive ones.

it's never brought to light much, but i guess it could explain vergil and basically anything he endorses, although his quote about power for protection seemed a bit out of place, it's relevant, but meaningless Dante just lost because he wasn't strong enough, why mention it other then to drive forward some point? seemed like a crazy ass mind saying "POWER= L337" as for dante, Anime is where it's most obvious that he has some weirdass crazies with his moms death.

either way this thread was created to convey a theory, nothing solid or official.

thing is, they should probably have DID, which they don't in any obvious way, which means vergil may be a result of this, instead of being a split of sparda, vergil COULD be a separate half of Dante.

Last edited:
Top Bottom