• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante in Soul Calibur

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Ya know, it ****es me off that Dante never joined as a guest for Ps2's soul calibur III. Maybe this time, they'll introduce him in VI. If it'll ever happen.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Well what if Soul Calibur V won't have Dante. I'm worried.
i wished they would, but i doubt it as well. ezio from assassin's creed has already been confirmed as one of the guest characters, so it will be interesting to see who else will be in it

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
At first I thought that would be awesome, but if you really think about it I don't think he would be very well suited. Dante's too over the top and extreme for a SC game unless they just gave him Rebellion and one or two moves with E + I which wouldn't be suited for our fav Devil Hunter. As much as I hate to say it, I think the only fighting game really suited for Dante is MvC3

Blitzsnow2

At my opinion Dante is just awesome and I would like to control him in SC V. But like SpawnShotter already mentioned Dante was just genious in MvC3. He is always one of my chosen ones xD Wel I hope if he takes part in the epic battles of S.C. V Vergil and Nero will the be too. Their are also very nice. But not as nice as Dante ;)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Difficult as now Dante is already used in Marvel vs Capcom which is already extremely popular. Don't see why Capcom would give him now to Namco when all these years ago that SC was way more popular (not that it now isn't mind you) Capcom refused. But at least we can always see Dante in fan games like this:

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Difficult as now Dante is already used in Marvel vs Capcom which is already extremely popular. Don't see why Capcom would give him now to Namco when all these years ago that SC was way more popular (not that it now isn't mind you) Capcom refused. But at least we can always see Dante in fan games like this:

definitely agree, at least he's in mvc3 :)

Asmodaius

Dante doesn't fit into the world of Soul Calibur. Jut because he wields a sword doesn't mean he fits with the rest. Dante is a modern day character, not a medieval character, and SC is a medieval themed game. So I hope never to see him become a guest character of SC. You can always make him in Custom Character Creation though. ^^

Asmodaius

Actually, in the Spawn comics, there is a medieval version of him. It isn't the same Spawn as the modern day one, but a fallen knight who was given the Spawn persona.

But yeah, guest characters are sucky in that they rarely have a legit reason for being in the game which I feel is ruining the experience. Though, Namco DID try and make some storyline explanations for all guest characters, E.g. Heihachi found a sliver of Soul Edge which took him back in time, Yoda and Darth Vader have travelled through the galaxy to get to Earth, etc etc... Sucky storylines, but at least they tried...

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
yeah i was just pointing out that there could be characters that aren't medieval in soul calibur, and despite their crappy storylines, i like having them apart of the roster :)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
True story. Heihachi wasn't medieval either. He lives in our time. But whatever works for them I suppose. Back then I wanted Samanosuke Akechi for soulcalibur instead of Dante - thinking he was more into the SC image, but he wasn't even a candidateXD

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
What's wrong with Dante in SCV? I can see him wielding weapons like...
- Rebellion
- Alastor
- Yamato
- Sparda
- Soul Edge/Soul Calibur

If not then the Prince of Persia (Sands of Time Prince)

Asmodaius

What's wrong with Dante in SCV?

Well, first of all, he doesn't fit with the theme. Dante isn't a 17th century character, he's a modern day demon hunter. His guns would be all out of place, as they aren't firearms that fit into that time. And his looks overall do not fit into the game's theme either. It is just as wrong as seeing Darth Vader in Soul Calibur.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Well, first of all, he doesn't fit with the theme. Dante isn't a 17th century character, he's a modern day demon hunter. His guns would be all out of place, as they aren't firearms that fit into that time. And his looks overall do not fit into the game's theme either. It is just as wrong as seeing Darth Vader in Soul Calibur.

I can see him traveling through time to fight. Maybe Sparda traveled through time or was in the old century once and fought and knew the 2 soul swords.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
i also hate 'alternate/parallel dimension'... but we can't all get what we want ;)

I think it'd be great to see Dante in SC. He'd fit in a bit better than Darth Vader and Yoda

Top Bottom