• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante and Vergil's Personality Tests :)

Do You Think These Tests Are Accurate?

• Yes

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No

• Maybe

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • There is not enough information about them to accurately test them

• Total voters

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I tried my best to keep out my own biases, but if you would be so kind, could you take the test as well, as Vergil. I had my younger brother take it, in which he got similar results to my own, Slacri just took it as Vergil and got very different results compared to mine, so if it's not any trouble, could you take it as well? I would like another perspective on this.
Here's the link: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm
Sure. Besides, the result are influenced by how each taker of the test perceives the character. I'm going to preface this by saying I wish there was some kind of middle ground option. I think with Vergil it depends who he is with as far as emotion goes. Plus some of the questions are not relevant to his situation. But anyway, here's my take on him.

INTJ
Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(25%) iNtuitive Thinking(50%) Judging(67%)
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
  • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (50%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Judging over Perceiving (67%)

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
This is similar to what my cousin and younger brother both got for Vergil, so I think this might be right. Anyways, it is true that for quite a few questions, there is no way of us knowing the answer to and I think that's why there are many inconsistencies. Regardless, thanks for your help with this :)

Slacri

This is similar to what my cousin and younger brother both got for Vergil, so I think this might be right. Anyways, it is true that for quite a few questions, there is no way of us knowing the answer to and I think that's why there are many inconsistencies. Regardless, thanks for your help with this :)
Thanks for linking it. Was an interesting test.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
For some of the questions, it's like I was having to guess 'what would Vergil do' in this situation based on how I viewd his character. :lol:
Actually, we could turn this into a game of 'what would Vergil do?' Like ask a silly question and then answer with how Vergil would react. :p

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
For some of the questions, it's like I was having to guess 'what would Vergil do' in this situation based on how I viewd his character. :lol:
Actually, we could turn this into a game of 'what would Vergil do?' Like ask a silly question and then answer with how Vergil would react. :p
This would be a good idea for a joke thread lol

V

Oldschool DMC fan
This reminded me of the MBTI again, there's been some discussion down the years as to what personality types Dante and Vergil are, and the consensus always seems to be that Dante is a typical ESTP - (Enneagram) 7w8 - sx/sp - 783 - SEE - Chaotic Good - Sanguine, and Vergil is INTJ - (Enneagram) 8w9 - sp/sx - 854 - LSI - Lawful Neutral - Melancholic-Choleric

Don't know about the lawful neutral thing, he seems the type to bend rules to suit himself sometimes, and Dante has changed a lot in apparent personality between DMC1 and 5.

Benny

Been a while since I touched MBTI

Personality tests have more chance of accuracy depends on how much the person took the tests knew themselves. If they weren't that aware, it might lead to mistyping. Mbti has a thing called "dominant function". Dominant function means which kind of aspect in yourself is strongest (Feeling, Thinking, Intuition, Sensing), represents your self-image and ego. Usually most of people use their dominant function the most in daily life BUT there are cases of individuals using other functions but their dominant one more. Not everyone's the same. But that doesn't change what their dom function is since it's debated that personality type is unchangeable for the rest of your life. If a person whose dominant function is Feeling but they use Thinking function more, that won't turn them into Thinker. At their core they're still Feeler. In fact, knowing a person's dom function also reveals their weakest function: Inferior function. Feeling dominant means their inferior is Thinking, Sensing dominant means their inferior is Intuition and vice versa. Unless it's necessary, Inferior is the least used since, you know, weakest function. Inferior can be improved and developed as person becomes older and works on their self-improvement. When it's not properly developed but that person still uses their Inferior a lot, it may be a hint they're unhealthy mentally.

So the consensus about Vergil's type is INTJ. That would mean his dom function is supposed to be Intuition, and he would be a Thinker too since there's T in the type.

I disagree about this consensus

INTJs are Intuition dom and they really value their intuition. Do you think Vergil, at his core and throughout the franchise, an intuitive kind of person? Did he value his intuition like INTJs? I don't think so. The same guy who didn't even question if Arkham plan in dmc3 would work or not. And when it didn't go as he wanted, he threw a tantrum "Why isn't this working?!", Dante appeared and he had this kind of logic "Must more blood be shed. Luckily Dante is here". An INTJ would have a hunch that there was something fishy with Arkham, even if they didn't gasp what it was at the moment and have a "Oh sh*t it all comes together" moment when they're stringing the events happened together: the amulets were needed + Arkham hold Vergil back from finishing Dante off in mission 7 + why Arkham didn't kill Lady, who Vergil thought as "an uninvited guest" + why Vergil used his blood and the amulets but the gate still didn't open -> it needs both the twins blood, the amulets and Lady's blood in order to open the gate to the demon world.

Nope, not INTJ

Top Bottom