• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Crysis remastered

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
As the title says, who has it and who is getting it?

I played it most of the day yesterday, and it wasn't the ray tracing or quality mode that surprised me

It was that it feels so much faster and smoother and more responsive to play

The ai seems much smarter and more aware too, the cloak isn't as op as it used to be and armour can be depleted super quickly even on normal or hard mode.I am just part the tank mission(if former players remember) and I love it, if I was to put a score on it i would say 9 out of 10.

The textures and all the graphics, especially lighting have really been overhauled.

All in all I am thrilled with the game, and it is only 29.99

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Blooming nice looking game. Takes me back to 2007 when it made my old PC scream trying to run it at 240p. Which platform are you playing it on @ef9dante_oSsshea ? I've heard that even the newest RTX 3080 card and i7 chips can't max out Crysis Remastered... sort of making the game a bit of a benchmarking meme again. :LOL:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm playing it on xbox one x, but I picked it up on pc too

Have a 2080ti so it should look good on that

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
armour can be depleted super quickly even on normal or hard mode

That's... concerning to me. The whole appeal of Crysis for me is that you get to be this superpowered soldier that just tears through enemy forces. Making suit energy deplete hella fast kinda defeats the purpose of the game, imo.

In the original, I loved switching between powers on the fly, super speed to get close to someone, strength to make him fly with a punch, and then back to armor to kill his friends who were right next to him and started to shoot back. Suit energy was enough to pull off all those actions in a short amount of time, increasing the depletion rate sounds like a fun killer. The only thing that needed toning down a little was the cloak.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
To be fair; and I should have elaborate

I played on delta difficulty

So if you play on normal or easy then I'm sure you will be superpowered

Though running and armour don't have as long of a timer in general in the game as they did originally I believe

See how you get on sure foxtrot, you won't know til you play it

Dark Drakan

Admin
Blooming nice looking game. Takes me back to 2007 when it made my old PC scream trying to run it at 240p. Which platform are you playing it on @ef9dante_oSsshea ? I've heard that even the newest RTX 3080 card and i7 chips can't max out Crysis Remastered... sort of making the game a bit of a benchmarking meme again. :LOL:

Its because it still has the single threaded cpu issues the original had and doesn't utilise more than 1-2 cores unfortunately so its mainly an optimisation issue.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Its because it still has the single threaded cpu issues the original had and doesn't utilise more than 1-2 cores unfortunately so its mainly an optimisation issue.

Yep. Apologists of the original Crysis's performance would tell you that the game used only a couple cores cause it was made in an era when it was believed that CPUs would evolve to pump up more GHz rather than more cores so they built the code off of that. Fine. But the remaster I don't think has that excuse. It's a new version of the engine, they should have made it multithreaded like C2 and 3, it was the one thing this remaster was supposed to be useful for.

Top Bottom