• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Crossover Continuations

TonyRedgraveDMC

So has anyone pondered about potential details of more content for Dante's other appearances? For example, the conclusion of Dante's gig with Mephistopheles, Trish's hunt for Nightcrawler, or others? How deeper could Dante & Deadpool's interaction gone? What happened before-during-after Vergil's confrontation with Wolverine? Magneto's power manipulating the DMC crew's devil arms... If Deadpool can Shoryuken, Dante could hilariously have an Iron Man suit somewhere in Pandora's 666 forms. What would the storyline of Viewtiful Joe 2 been like with Dante & Trish (and presumably Vergil) instead of Joe, Silvia, and Jet? Eva's hypothetical witch-hood is also very interesting developments I'd love to see explored.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I think we all know how Viewtiful Joe would look like, because first VJ already done that with Dante and Trish.

TonyRedgraveDMC

I think we all know how Viewtiful Joe would look like, because first VJ already done that with Dante and Trish.
Hence "Crossover Continuations"; while we know how any given game depicts Dante & others, we don't know what else might have happened or could have happened during or after the meet-up. As for the VJ2-DMC concept, my headcanon is that Vergil would have played the role of Jet and Black Emperor, perhaps Nelo Angelo as his final form. Alastor would reenact his meeting with Dante, and I'm not too sure what role Captain Blue would play other than being a Rainbow Oscar for some reason.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Hence "Crossover Continuations"; while we know how any given game depicts Dante & others, we don't know what else might have happened or could have happened during or after the meet-up. As for the VJ2-DMC concept, my headcanon is that Vergil would have played the role of Jet and Black Emperor, perhaps Nelo Angelo as his final form. Alastor would reenact his meeting with Dante, and I'm not too sure what role Captain Blue would play other than being a Rainbow Oscar for some reason.
Lol. I can totally imagine VJ2 final boss as Nelo. Especially with all flying and stuff.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I'd like to see Dante in Soul Calibur like he was suppose to be in SC 3.
A character that wields guns in Soulcalibur? Do you really think that's a good idea?
And before you say: "Well, just have Dante stick to melee weapons", keep this in mind:

1. The last time a ranged character turned up in Soulcalibur, it was Link. And he was equipped with literally EVERY RANGED WEAPON he wielded in Ocarina of Time. Remember how well that ended?

2. Ebony & Ivory aren't just part of Dante's arsenal, they're part of his character...his look, his persona. You wouldn't have Dante without his trademark guns or Rebellion, so leaving them out of his moveset would be like removing Agent 47's silenced handguns.

I would literally prefer ANY character to be in Soulcalibur---Gabriel Belmont, the Dragonborn, Ryu Hayabusa, Guts, even Vergil---but Dante? Hell no. God no. He would literally break the game.
So has anyone pondered about potential details of more content for Dante's other appearances?
I think Dante crossing over into the BlazBlue franchise would be pretty cool. Maybe have him turn up as an alternate skin for Ragna?
A playable appearence in Capcom VS. SNK would also be really cool.
But out of all the crossovers I'd like to see, I'd especially like to see DmC Dante cross over into the world of Heavenly Sword and face off against Nariko. That would be awesome.

Top Bottom