• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Crazy idea really, but awesome if true. (no hate plz)

Elijah Guerrero

had this crazy thought.

DMCV is completed and you S rank all the secret missions and such and after the credits and epilogue for the crew, an additional cutscene is played. This one shows a soldier searching through the ruined city and helping out any survivors. The guy is covered in gear and head covered with a balaclava, helmet and goggles with a rebreather. As he's helping people out, demons spot him and lunge for them, having him shoot and take a few out as a third jumps and lunges down with a blade. He throws his rifle up and protecting a fallen kid. The rifle breaks and clatters to the ground, followed by his helmet and the headgear with a few drops of blood.

The camera pans up to show that he caught the blade with his hands and the demon is struggling with a growl as the soldier's face is revealed to be DmC Dante. He summons his Ivory and blows it brains out as more demons arrive. Dante tells the humans to find shelter as he pops off the military armor and now dressed in clothes similar to his DmC clothes, but not worn from age and better (or new threads). He cracks a comment about waking up on the wrong side of the bed and summons Rebellion as the demons attack with him laughing and charging in.

The scene fades and says 'Dante will return'. (lets say there was something that summoned him to this timeline from his own). Or this could be a DLC add on with his own missions and hinting at a sequel to DmC.

DarkSlayerVergil

I wouldn't mind it at all tbh, though I'd already know how many would complain that DMC5 has been "ruined" or that they "broke thier disk" over this.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yeah, it's a no from me. Leaving aside my deep dislike for DmC Dante, it would just come across as a forced crossover just shoehorned in there for the hell of it.

Would rather have this as a non canon spin-off or something.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It be easier if you just did a seperate story before or after 5 for the crossover.

But i figured he doesnt help classic dante because they havent actually met or he's just busy with his own problems.

Like the whole "where are the avengers at" in spiderman type things or whatever the DC equivalent is.

Elijah Guerrero

Yeah i guess he could be in the shadows looking for something to get back to his reality, keeping himself hidden and under disguise to not attract attention as he would stick out to the hunters and demons with his mixed heritage. Hell lets just say he's looking for something that classic Dante requested to help him return home while the crew deals with the demon invasion.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'd rather DmC just be its own thing instead of needing to ride on DMC5's coat-tails. Maybe he can appear in some DLC and do a mission with classic Dante, but not integrate into DMC5's story.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The second light novel focused on an artifact called the Cerberus (later localized as the beast's head). That artifact allowed Dante to see an alternate timeline in which he lost his fight to Mundus back in 1 (or something similar).

they could use a similar artifact to set up this crossover in a dlc or a future game.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
The second light novel focused on an artifact called the Cerberus (later localized as the beast's head). That artifact allowed Dante to see an alternate timeline in which he lost his fight to Mundus back in 1 (or something similar).

they could use a similar artifact to set up this crossover in a dlc or a future game.

What if this artifact showed DmC Dante fighting against Mundus and DMC Dante says “Not in a millennia.”

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
This is called a "True Ending." So, ask Capcom for a "True Ending."

Some games have/had/has multiple endings, and this idea isn't really far fetched.

Dio Brando

i always thought DmC was noncannon its like filler in a anime you can watch (or play in this senario) it as mindless fun but i know it wont really effect the real timeline we know it exist and there is nothing we could do about it but some people like DmC and thats just there type of game it might be because they played it first it might be because dmc is too anime-ish. But hey dmc5 took insperation from DmC.

Top Bottom