• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Could Devil May Cry work as an RPG?

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Believe on me when I say it couldn't get worse and I have already seen in this forum people very capable of filling plotholes with some art and talent.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Sure... let's just put a band-aid on it.
Putting a band-aid on a tumor wouldn't be the most effective choice.

What about rebooting it? You know, wiping away the disjointed plot and cheesy stains of the past games, starting fresh and new, introducing a lore that could shape Dante into the demon hunter he was always meant to b----

Oh. Wait...

Vinosh

Devil May Cry RPG

Classes:
Swordmaster
Gunslinger
Darkslayer
Quicksilver
Doppelganger

Passive Skill:
Royalguard
Trickster

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
i actually though about this a while ago
i think it would be cool to make it in a mario rpg/paper mario style

you can change your style once each turn and depending on witch you pick
that will effect how you will fight or react to damage

Swordmaster do more damage with melee and give you new attacks
Gunslinger same as sword but with ranged attacks
Trickster can let you avoid enemies attacks much easier
and Royalguard will let you block and store the power and unleash it later in the fight

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
i found this its not a devil may cry RPG but Dante is in it
i haven't played these games but now i have to yes i would play a game just because Dante is in it

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Hope you got a good PS2 and the ORIGINAL version of SMT3 Nocturne.
i got a ps2
but when i do start playing those games
i'm not starting from that game
i'm starting from the beginning of the hole franchise
i don't skip right to the one i want
i need to earn it

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.
JK

But, I can see Devil may Cry as a action RPG. It all ready has the ability to let you upgrade skills and weapons just need an "open world" and BAM! RPG. And it could be a mix of Kingdom Hearts and the SMT games. Action based combat with a fun but good story with demons! =D

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i think it can work as an rpg. another guy who used tobe on the forums suggested a similar idea. i would love going around, picking and choosing my own missions.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I agree with Gel on the story just needing a good writer since it has some potential.

Im not saying it doesn't have problems but its not impossible to fix

In terms of playstyle, something like KH, Darksiders, or Dragons Dogma would be nice

Reactions: Gel

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
It could be amazing. You could customize Dante, equip him with things that determine his speed, power, and so on. If it were an open-world RPG in the vein of Lost Odyssey and the old FFs, the scope would make it all the more epic. Imagine seeing a huge castle like the one in DMC1 or DMC4 in the background, with (randomly spawning?) enemies in between like in Dragon's Dogma. Maybe some interesting places like in The Elder Scrolls... seems a good idea.

In any case, there's a dire lack of RPGs nowadays, and I think an RPG with combos from DMC could be really nice.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think I rather Have Vergil or Nero as the lead just to help distinguish from the main series and make it feel a little more special

TyrantWayne9999

Golden Saint God of Overlords
Dance Macabre (DMC3 version, cuz I like it more) as a limit break
Devil Trigger Gauge
Taunting as a skill that affects the enemies' behavior
Pizza=Potion?
.....things....

Top Bottom