• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Corrupted Vergil and Nelo and mission 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
It's more an observation about the weapons.
Why is it when you play as corrupted Vergil, you can choose from Yamato, force Edge and Beowulf.
But, when you DT into Nelo. You lose Force Edge, but still keep Beowulf? Surely as corrupted Vergil, the best idea would have been to only have him carry Yamato? (or the zweihander as Nelo in DT form).

Also. What have i gotta do to get an S or ss rank on mission 6?
(the one with the 3 trials?)

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
^ You keep 2 because 2 was the same amount of melee weapons that Nelo used against you, remeber, Nelo also used demonic gauntlets in the latter battles you have with him, whilst it is dubious that the gauntlets are those of Beowulf, you are relying too heavily on the lengths Capcom WILL go in order to appease the fans, DMC3:SE, on the Vergil side of the quest is testament enough to that in itself.

For S-SS I'd actually recommend staying out of DT for as long as possible, if you insist on using Vergil's corrupt form. It's easier to rack up style points with his standard set of weapons and force Edge in particular on mission 6. I'd use Super (uncorrupt) Vergil myself though. That's the easiest way IMO.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Didn't Vergil lose the Beowulf gauntlets after the Battle with Dante and when Arkham went on the rampage?
(AAARGH! no wonder i hated Capcom!)

Sparda™

Well, what could have they given to him else? Just Yamato?

Because, by that logic, the Force Edge is also not on his possession.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I thought, in DMC, Vergil carried a Zweihander. In dmc3 Yamato turns into the zwiehander. So yes i thought as Nelo in 3, Vergil would only carry Yamato in his corrupt costume.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
If Capcom are too lazy to give Vergil a story they would have been too lazy to draw the Zweihander in the weapon selection and the Beowolf is the closest thing to Nelo's melee so
"lets just use that to signify Nelo Angelo's melee we gotta get this game out asap"

They probably didn't have time or the motivation to come up with a new symbol for Nelo's melee ...thing..it was just a shortcut I would be shocked if it was meant to be anything other than that.
I think I remember making a thread in the DMC3 forum asking about the possibility of Zweihander being the awakened version of Yamato like Sparda was to Force Edge. But at this point I would just assume..nah.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
But it is still Yamato.
Just reading on wiki that Vergil's soul is contained within yamato.
Sounds a bit like Soul reaver to me. With the same concept as Raziel and the Soul Reaver sword (except he was imprisoned. And his soul was attatched to the sword).

Sparda™

None said the opposite on the Zweihander.

Vergil has not been confirmed dead. Yamato is a Devil Arm in itself, and It has its own soul.

Darth Angelo

Sparda™;189675 said:
The Zweihander is a corrupt form of Yamato.

Oh god here we go again, that was not meant to be a speculation you can't just say that like it is a fact without proving it somehow. Your gonna confuse people about what is proven fact and what isn't.

Using logic is not proving it btw, it just creates a logical speculation and we are dealing with a game that uses infinite ammo here. Something tells me they don't think about details as much as we do.

Any proof of Yamato and Zweihander being the same thing would be a new one on me.

Sparda™

It's the only explanation, really.

When Nelo Angelo exploded, his soul was set free. Now, all of his armor was a shell and Yamato was seemingly armored. The explosion shattered the Devil Arm in half.

The only thing unknown here is how the Order got Yamato. One would say what Lady mentioned at Dante - that they have been hunting for Devil Arms. Probably, they encountered Yamato in one of their expeditions.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Sparda™;189678 said:
Vergil has not been confirmed dead. Yamato is a Devil Arm in itself, and It has its own soul.

So, if Vergil is confrimed dead (Capcom don't do this! You will get many many many angry letters from Vergil fan girls!!!) would the soul within Yamato then be Vergil's?

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
From Wikipedia
The Yamato once belonged to Vergil's father, Sparda, and according to the Order of the Sword, it was used to seal the "true Hell Gate". It was eventually given to Vergil as a memento, and he uses it as his primary weapon in Devil May Cry 3. After Vergil's death at the end of Devil May Cry 3, his soul lives on in a form within the Yamato, which was at some point found, broken, by the Order of the Sword.

Here's the link for for that page:
http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Yamato

Just one thing... DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER!

Darth Angelo

*points gun away from VB and shoots Wikipedia*

Sorry but awakened Nero saying "power, give me more power" should not be enough to convince Wiki that Vergil's soul is still alive in the arm or the sword or both (whatever) and that he is going to come back as just a fan service.
I can't see how Capcom could get away with a plot like that, it's taken straight out of MGS2 and it is not even subtle lol.

Looking at the ghost (focusing mainly on the horns) it doesn't really look like Sparda, it doesn't look like Vergil and it doesn't like like Nelo. It looks like a new Devil form that Nero could eventually fully awaken and use.
Sparda's thoery about Nero is starting to make more sense to me.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Wikipedia is updated by members of the public. I know this cause i have made alterations to my soccer/football team page.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Vergil'sB*tch;189726 said:
From Wikipedia
The Yamato once belonged to Vergil's father, Sparda, and according to the Order of the Sword, it was used to seal the "true Hell Gate". It was eventually given to Vergil as a memento, and he uses it as his primary weapon in Devil May Cry 3. After Vergil's death at the end of Devil May Cry 3, his soul lives on in a form within the Yamato, which was at some point found, broken, by the Order of the Sword.

Here's the link for for that page:
http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Yamato

Just one thing... DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER!

^Wait just a sec. Vergil WAS Nelo, in the flesh, in DMC1, which is set after DMC3. That he seems to fight Mundus' control over him shows that Vergil was very much alive after DMC3, albeit not in an existence that is to his liking. Don't believe everything you read (on Wikipedia in particular.)

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I always thought that Vergil's soul was 'fused' to the Nelo Armor.

eg After Vergil lost to Mundus at the end of DMC3, Mundus 'ripped' out Vergil's soul and animated the armor with it. (or something like that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom