• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Console and PC Gaming: Which do you prefer?

D

Deleted member 25469

Sorry bud not as easy as plugging in a 360 controller :)
You don't need to do any of what I said if you use an official PC controller, which is what I always recommend! However, the choice IS there. ;)

For those of you who are interested, controllers that are "xinput compatible" are official PC controllers. Examples of this are:

- Xbox 360 Controller for Windows (Microsoft)
- Razer Onza (Razer)
- Razer Onza Tournament Edition (Razer)
- Razer Sabertooth (Razer)
- Gamepad F310 (Logitech)
- Gamepad F710 (Logitech)
- Every single wired 360 gamepad, first or third party

All of the avobe (and more) will work completely out of the box for pretty much every single PC game made since the X360/PS3 generation.

Though I do believe they will do that with the PS4, upgrading the hardware over time to keep up with the development, but I'm not sure on that one.
Will never happen, as it would negate the benefits of closed systems (uniform platform, better optimization and less bugfixing).

Of course these benefits would remain if newer games simply REQUIRED the enhancements and didn't work with the older PS4 versions, but that would be a massive PR disaster and sales flop.

FrostFire

Nymph of Shadows
For the most part i prefer consoles. The main reason is that i have a laptop and i don't want to overfill it with games and make it slow, but i do have a few on here.
I also like having a controller instead of a keyboard, and for a while i only had the touch pad for a mouse which made it inconvenient (Portal is what led me to get my little wireless mouse)
Not having to worry about graphics cards and whatnot is nice too. When the sims 3 pets came out my friend had to return it because hers wasnt compatible. luckily mine was fine
I also pretty much need games that are easily portable, like a ds. I travel a lot and i always bring my ds to entertain me, but my computer would either die or i wouldnt be able to reach it.

Terrutas

Not having to worry about graphics cards and whatnot is nice too. When the sims 3 pets came out my friend had to return it because hers wasnt compatible. luckily mine was fine.
This kind of boggles my mind.

I mean, sure it's difficult to understand which one to get but with like 20 minutes of research you already know all you need to know in order to pick which one you want and what is a reasonable price for it.

Plus in the long run, it's much more efficient than buying a new console for $450~ ( I may be wrong on that, please tell me if I am.) every five years since GPU's can last way longer, in fact mind is around 6-8 years I believe, I got it when it was 2 years old already and it still works wonders. And you can do a lot more on a PC than you can on a console.

FrostFire

Nymph of Shadows
This kind of boggles my mind.

I mean, sure it's difficult to understand which one to get but with like 20 minutes of research you already know all you need to know in order to pick which one you want and what is a reasonable price for it.

Plus in the long run, it's much more efficient than buying a new console for $450~ ( I may be wrong on that, please tell me if I am.) every five years since GPU's can last way longer, in fact mind is around 6-8 years I believe, I got it when it was 2 years old already and it still works wonders. And you can do a lot more on a PC than you can on a console.

I don't want to HAVE to do research, I want to just get a console and then be able to get games without worrying about anything else. Also I'd likely have to order online, which I can't do at the moment, and I don't want to spend that much money on anything, so if a good one is more than 20-30 bucks I don't think it's worth it (I don't play games that would need one often enough to be worth it). I also don't know how to install a graphics card, so getting one would likely lead to my breaking my laptop.

I never buy consoles when they're $450. I usually get them as gifts, but it'll still be after the price has gone down from its initial release. I also keep consoles years after they're outdated, and I am more careful with them so they last longer.

Top Bottom