• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Console and PC Gaming: Which do you prefer?

I game on Consoles.

But I really want to join the PC ranks. 'cause it does everything and it's just more convinient. It's pricey at first to build one but it's worth the money in the long run.

The only thing I'll miss if I spend more time on PC is JRPG's but I guess I can just get a PS4 and keep it in my room.

SPARTAN-999

! FIGHT LIKE A MAN SCUM !
first time i used consoles when i was 6 year old kid and i still proudly do

i dont like gaming on PC cuz i am not used to it besides 1000 button in my face i dont even know how to pause the game lool

Terrutas

It doesn't work with every game and Windows doesn't have an inbuilt support for other controllers so that it doesn't work with rumble pack
Don't know about the PS3, but the PS2 has a driver made by the community which works on 100% of the games. At least the ones I play. I use it and I've had zero problems.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I agree entirely with SpawnShooter, my entire life i only played on arcades or consoles, with exception for some MMOs that i played a little in my adolescence, PCs just became a synonym of gaming for me in this era. Because of some few games i've picked the PS3 (Demon's Souls, Metal Gear Solid 4, fighting games that doesn't have been ported to PC until now), but in this new generation of consoles i'll wait how i did in the PS3/360 generation to see what plataform will offer the most games i like, but probably i will stick with a PC.

EDIT:
It doesn't work with every game and Windows doesn't have an inbuilt support for other controllers so that it doesn't work with rumble pack

I don't know about that, i play nearly everything that my PC can run with my PS3 controller using Xpadder or MotionInJoy

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I like both but I prefer PC gaming.

A cool thing about PC gaming is you can play so many retro games that are no longer around, even emulate games. Retro games on consoles are really tough to find and plus you have to find the console as well. Also all those Indie games on Steam are awesome.

Mods are also a damn awesome thing about PC gaming, Brutal Doom is insane and playing Just Cause 2 fully modded is so freaking awesome.

Plus when publishers try to screw you with Disc Locked Content or Always Online games, you can hack them and get what you paid for.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I don't know about that, i play nearly everything that my PC can run with my PS3 controller using Xpadder or MotionInJoy
If the game doesn't support 3rd part controllers(which is always the case) you can't use rumble pack or Joystick sensitivity
Don't know about the PS3, but the PS2 has a driver made by the community which works on 100% of the games. At least the ones I play. I use it and I've had zero problems.
No rumble pack,No joystick sensitivity or 6 axis as i should add

D

Deleted member 25469

You can use the rumble pack by emulation through x360ce, which will translate the Xbox 360's controller interface (including buttons and the rumble pack) to your controller of choice.

x360ce will also allow you to setup joystick sensitivity and deadzones, if I am not mistaken.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
I prefer the console. It feels like it's easier to deal with then PC. Plus, playing with a mouse and keyboard feels odd. Never liked it.

D

Deleted member 25469

I prefer the console. It feels like it's easier to deal with then PC. Plus, playing with a mouse and keyboard feels odd. Never liked it.
You can use controllers. If using official PC controllers (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows), pretty much every single game from this generation auto-configures itself.

You are right with your first statement though, I ain't gonna lie about that. A console IS easier to deal with than the PC.

It also does less stuff though! :p

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
You can use controllers. If using official PC controllers (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows), pretty much every single game from this generation auto-configures itself.

You are right with your first statement though, I ain't gonna lie about that. A console IS easier to deal with than the PC.

It also does less stuff though! :p
*facepalm* I forgot that you could attach a controller to it lol. Oops :blush:

D

Deleted member 25469

*facepalm* I forgot that you could attach a controller to it lol. Oops :blush:
You also have to keep in mind that the interwebs are full of crazy PC gaming zealots like me that'll help you solve your computer woes :D

EDIT:

Btw:

Easy guide to setting up a custom-built PC gaming rig:

Step 1: marry Steve
Step 2: choose your rig so that it looks pretty and matches your shoes.
Step 3: ask Steve to pay for said rig
Step 4: once all the bits and pieces arrive, make a cup of tea, watch some Come Dine With Me and let Steve build it all for you
Step 5: remind Steve when it's time to make your rig prettier and/or more powerful

Works for me at least.
My girlfriend seems to have taken a couple pages from your guidebook ;)

Dante47

Step 1: marry Steve
Step 2: choose your rig so that it looks pretty and matches your shoes.
Step 3: ask Steve to pay for said rig
Step 4: once all the bits and pieces arrive, make a cup of tea, watch some Come Dine With Me and let Steve build it all for you
Step 5: remind Steve when it's time to make your rig prettier and/or more powerful

Could you help me make arrangements for Steve and I's marriage?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
If you'd rather use a Playstation like controller buy one of those cheap 3rd party brand controllers. They work with like anything.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
You can use the rumble pack by emulation through x360ce, which will translate the Xbox 360's controller interface (including buttons and the rumble pack) to your controller of choice.
x360ce will also allow you to setup joystick sensitivity and deadzones, if I am not mistaken.
Sorry bud not as easy as plugging in a 360 controller :)
If you'd rather use a Playstation like controller buy one of those cheap 3rd party brand controllers. They work with like anything.
Nah.. keyboard is mostly just fine

JessenReinhart

This is good, isn't it?
PC.
I play my console (which is an old PS2 btw) to play MGS3, tekken, and DMC3 (since DMC3 on PC works like crap).

ZeroLove

Depends on the game. If it is an FPS, I usually play it on my laptop, because the mouse is the best way for me to play shooters with. I suck at doing so on a console. And I usually play MMO's on PC as well, since the MMO's on console is rather scarce, though I think I will get Final Fantasy 14 version 2.0 on my PS3 (I also play DC Universe Online on my PS3).

However, most other games I play on my PS3. Fighting games, RPG's, hack'n slashers, platformers, adventure games, etc. It is just so easy on a console. You buy a console, you buy a game, put the game in and voila, you play. On PC you have to make sure your machine is compatible, if you got enough space on your harddrive, if you got the right graphic card, etc. A computer is not a one-time investment, you have to keep upgrading it to keep up with the games released. After half a year, your topnotch PC is outdated and then you have to upgrade it.

A console has a longer lifespan. The PS3 is 7 years old and the PS4 is underway. The negative side is that it is locked in its hardware where a PC is easier to replace certain parts when they are outdated. Though I do believe they will do that with the PS4, upgrading the hardware over time to keep up with the development, but I'm not sure on that one.

Top Bottom