• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Congratulations Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg

Our consistant bickering over a teaser trailer has earned us an award on Games Radar.

Fanboys Totally Losing It Award

Runner Up: DmC Trailer

Assuming you wanted a new Devil May Cry to be a little more than Bayonetta with fewer boobs, you should be thanking every god you know that Dante’s reimagining is being handled by Ninja Theory, a developer known for the most remarkable characterizations in our medium. Throwing fits about a teaser trailer just makes you look like a moron.

Give the full awards a read if you haven't. Its pretty funny stuff. :lol:
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-anti-awards-2010/a-20110105103251841023/p-4

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Whoever wrote that quote gives Ninja Theory way too much credit. They are ok at characterizations but still come up short against many other developers, even Japanese ones.

Nice thread btw Meg-sauce.
+rep

Meg

Esura;295916 said:
Whoever wrote that quote gives Ninja Theory way too much credit. They are ok at characterizations but still come up short against many other developers, even Japanese ones.

Agreed. Not a big fan of NT's characters either. Rep+

@DT- Oh? The site said that anyone who gets upset over the trailer is a moron. Does that make me a moron? ;)

Esura

Meg;295918 said:
Agreed. Not a big fan of NT's characters either. Rep+

@DT- Oh? The site said that anyone who gets upset over the trailer is a moron. Does that make me a moron? ;)

Even my dad thought the trailer was stupid, and he don't even play games. He just saw me play Devil May Cry before and know how Dante is. Us being upset is kind of justified due to a variety of reasons stated before.

This dude on the article comes off a bit naive imo.

Meg

Storm Silves;295921 said:
@Meg: Everyone's entitled to their opinion... Moron. :p

Tch. Well! :lol: I'll just take my moronic opinions elsewhere. *leaves*

Chrysander

Oh dear... Thing is, Bayonetta is fundamentally DMC in terms of gameplay, so to call what we wanted out of DMC5 "Bayonetta but with less boobs" - is actually accurate in many ways (though poorly stated). We want a game which is recognizable as DMC, with the same combat system and characters. It's not really that difficult to understand... The teaser trailer alone derails our hopes, but in addition the developer is a let down too.

kenjiharimaCU

Street Fighter Fan
"you should be thanking every god you know that Dante’s reimagining is being handled by Ninja Theory"

Gimme a break....Moron.

Esura

Chrysander;295985 said:
Oh dear... Thing is, Bayonetta is fundamentally DMC in terms of gameplay, so to call what we wanted out of DMC5 "Bayonetta but with less boobs" - is actually accurate in many ways (though poorly stated). We want a game which is recognizable as DMC, with the same combat system and characters. It's not really that difficult to understand... The teaser trailer alone derails our hopes, but in addition the developer is a let down too.
I do not like how Ninja Theory kind of talk down about Bayonetta as well. That does not hold well with me, considering like you said, Bayonetta is like a DMC5.

kenjiharimaCU;296082 said:
"you should be thanking every god you know that Dante’s reimagining is being handled by Ninja Theory"

Gimme a break....Moron.
That quote is STILL funny even when I come back to this thread, because the article writer hypes up Ninja Theory's abilities beyond belief. We should "THANK THE GODS!!!" that an average, borderling mediocre developer is working on one of the most cherished video game franchises in history. :lol:

Sone

DUST TO DUST
I was in DMC since 2001 so probably i'm the only one who agree with that prick in N.Theory who think the Bayoneta sucks well i agree i mean WTF with lady who have guns on shoes aha riiight -__- All respects to DMC and God of War salut !!!

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Honestly, I find nothing wrong with Bayonetta. In fact, I consider it an improvement over DMC. So I'd like a REAL DMC5 to be made like that. But this ISN'T DMC5. It's DmC. Totally different. DMC5 will probably come after this.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Sone;296144 said:
I was in DMC since 2001 so probably i'm the only one who agree with that prick in N.Theory who think the Bayoneta sucks well i agree i mean WTF with lady who have guns on shoes aha riiight -__- All respects to DMC and God of War salut !!!

Well it was made by the guy who was behind DMC in 2001 but I agree I have always thought of that as an overly-silly idea that doesn't really make any sense at all.
But with Balder looking pretty much exactly like Sparda and the design of the bosses and a lot of the settings if anything I found it to be something of a "what kind of a game would DMC be like today if Kamiya was still working on it"

Like a hands on peek into a parallel universe.

kenjiharimaCU

Street Fighter Fan
Storm Silves;296179 said:
Honestly, I find nothing wrong with Bayonetta. In fact, I consider it an improvement over DMC. So I'd like a REAL DMC5 to be made like that. But this ISN'T DMC5. It's DmC. Totally different. DMC5 will probably come after this.

Capcom will be pushing for this DmC, then decide whether to have the next DMC5.

http://doesnotcompute.org/devil-may-cry-dmc/

asked about the history in regard to the game being a reboot of the series, and asked if there were any changes to the original story in the previous titles, and Leo couldn’t say much, but he did say “In the original story Dante was born with white hair, but here he’s not. So, a few changes have been made, but I’d just like to say as I think it’s important that we aren’t ruling out the possibility of a Devil May Cry 5 to continue the story. We just want to see where the reboot goes first, before making any further decisions”.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
As I said to my friends on Facebook where I saw this first, NT won't make a game anything like Bayonetta, and DmC won't be like it either - it's too 'Japanese' in flavour and style, I think. I also think that DmC won't be like the other DMC games as we know them, and that's my worry.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Leo responded by saying “What you’re seeing isn’t Dante. At least, not the Dante we all know and love. Look at the way he moves. He’s slow and doesn’t really seem to know what he’s doing. His movement is all over the place.” So, I agreed, and there’s the fact that the gameplay itself felt a lot slower than what a Devil May Cry game should feel like.
So it's basically Nero all over again, only it's Dante. Gotcha. I think they're going to do a good job with Dante.

ANYWAY. Rep for finding that Meg, that really was pretty funny.

Off the record, NT are very aware of the fan response. Last time I heard, they had a folder where they collected all the fanart/fanhate for DmC popping up over the internet. And they lol'd when I told them about DINO. I think they've got this game in the bag, seriously.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Whoot! Morons together!

Seriously though, i've read several magazines since the trailer was released and us Devil May Cry fans have been referred to as quite a few things. My fave being NOT TRUE FANS. I SHUDDER EVERYTIME i read something about a new DMC.

In a latest gaming magazine i was reading about a developer that supported NT's new look Dante... It was Sucker Punch (the guys who made inFamous, but then again, they only support the new look Dante probably because they got good feedback on their own redesigned character... unless NT paid them to sat what they did :lol: )

Personally I have accepted this 'trailer' and will only kick up hell when Vergil is involved (or turned into Dante's Sister and renamed Virginia.)

(I love Bayonetta... in a 'wow, female that wears glasses and kills things way.)

NT thinks Devil May Cry fans are morons and we'll swallow anything we are given, they obviously just expected us to be happy with a new game and not kick up a fuss.
Honestly, I've played Heavenly Sword and Part of Enslaves and found them both shallow.

Dominus

Vergil'sBitch;296917 said:
Whoot! Morons together!

Seriously though, i've read several magazines since the trailer was released and us Devil May Cry fans have been referred to as quite a few things. My fave being NOT TRUE FANS. I SHUDDER EVERYTIME i read something about a new DMC.

In a latest gaming magazine i was reading about a developer that supported NT's new look Dante... It was Sucker Punch (the guys who made inFamous, but then again, they only support the new look Dante probably because they got good feedback on their own redesigned character... unless NT paid them to sat what they did :lol: )

Personally I have accepted this 'trailer' and will only kick up hell when Vergil is involved (or turned into Dante's Sister and renamed Virginia.)

(I love Bayonetta... in a 'wow, female that wears glasses and kills things way.)

NT thinks Devil May Cry fans are morons and we'll swallow anything we are given, they obviously just expected us to be happy with a new game and not kick up a fuss.
Honestly, I've played Heavenly Sword and Part of Enslaves and found them both shallow.

TBH as much as I don't like the redesign, I'd actually like to see Vergil in the game because he'd add something interesting to the mix. I've only followed the DMC games, so I could care less about the canon or a correct representation of Vergil. But DMC series has been become more bland/stale since DMC4's generic story (and slightly modified combat). DMC4 felt like a PS2 game with the amount of backtracking it had. With Capcom's recent trend of mediocre and unintuitive games, you can really only expect fun and innovative games from Platinum Games..

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
:lol: VB!!! LOL! Don't give them ideas!!! ROFL XDDDD

But really, NT and Capcom were both expecting the fan backlash. Capcom was just better prepared because they've been through this with the franchise before. Plus, I doubt NT looks down on the fans. If they did I doubt they'd bother being interested in what the fans have got to say about the trailer at all.

@Meg: I have no idea LOL. They've got a lot of it, so maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom